karen79

Single eyelid baby

Hi all the ladies,

I have a 6 month old baby gal and she have single eyelid. I was wondering will she have double eyelid in the later months? My hubby is single eyelid and i have double eyelid.

She may or may not have double eyelids in the future. But chances are if her eyelids are already single eyelids they will remain that way.

On a side note, why would you prefer her to have double eyelids? Is she not beautiful enough with her single eyelids?

karen79, u same with me ! my bb boy also single eyelid at the moment while my hb also single eyelid but me is double eyelid ! very obvious double eyelid..

my hb always hope my bb like me but for me, doesn't matter loh as long as he is healthy ! I think he looks cute too even single eyelid loh !...but some ppl like my hb nieces, some of them are single eyelid when young but they turn to become double eyelid when growing up later...& got friends who with double eyelid both mummies & daddies but their kids turn out to be single eyelid ! haha!

Both HB and I also have doubl eye lids but Jaylene seems to have single eye lids at the moment BUT at time we can catch light double eye lids on her. In theory, she should have double eye lids since both parents are. My friend said I need to wait for few months b4 it shows up. Anyway I dun really mind so long she is healthy.

I'm ok with my baby eye lid, but she is a gal so i more prefer if she got double eyelid. Anyhow, most important she is healthy and im pleased enough. Will wait few more months, if she is still single eyelid it will be obvious she look like my hubby :cool: .

hehe! I also give my bb some credit time to prove he is single eyelid after he born ! & now already 5mths plus so I thk confirm he is single eyelid then....doesn't matter lah :)

I'm ok with my baby eye lid, but she is a gal so i more prefer if she got double eyelid. Anyhow, most important she is healthy and im pleased enough. Will wait few more months, if she is still single eyelid it will be obvious she look like my hubby :cool: .

Sorry but WTH. Gals with single eyelids are not pretty is it?

It's really weird to see this considering that there are plenty of Asian women with single eyelids in the media and fashion - Margaret Cho, Sandra Oh, Sandy Lam, Hye Park - and they still look very pretty AND feminine.

We are not saying tat single eyelid is not pretty ....just tat we curious whether our baby will have or not to have double eyelid when they grow up in few months time because some baby born with single eyelid and will have double eyelid later.

I only got double eyelid when I was in primary school, forgot standard what. Both hb and I got double eye lid, my bb so far also single eye lid. So I am waiting to see double eye lid also.

My gal got double eyelids when she was born (followed mine), recently the eyelids changed into single (following the Dad).

Sigh..., not to complain, just that I really wish her eyes to be like mine. And not to say single eyelids gals are not pretty, but I can see many of them spending lots of time trying to stick fake eyelids, so I am just wishing I dun have to wait for my gal (when she turns teenage) spending her times on make up.

i think girls or boys with single eyelids can be good looking too. I have double eyelids, and my hubby has single eyelids, so when i was pregnant with my daughter, i told my husband that i would want her to have his eyes cos I think it's very nice. Lots of people look nice with single eyelid too. Check out all the korean actors and actresses and top asian models.

I have this feeling that the single eye lid gene is stronger than the double eye lid gene, no? Almost all my friends and relatives end up with single eye lidded babies when one parent is single lidded, the other double lidded. I'm also wondering whether my baby will hv single or double eyelids because I'm a double and hubby is a single, hehe. But since my bb is a boy, hubby says more 'yau yeng' with single lids wor. All the Korean male celebs seem to keep their single eyelids ( no plastic surgery done on the eyes ).....maybe there's something macho about it?

Karen,

Even if your baby is a single lidded bb, she can hv double eyelids without surgery. Just try either :

1. Going to sleep with eyelid sticker on or

2. Upon waking up, rub the eyes with hands bunched into fists, in an up-down arcing motion. ( Just like pretending to cry act )

Quite a few of my relatives and frens have tried this method and end up with permanent lids after daily practice for some time.

Some of the hottest looking gals in my workplace are single lidded, and that pun, is according to a lot of guys. They dun wear eye make up also ler. Dun worry la, single eyelids also can be beautiful. =)

My elder daughter has been having single eyelids most of the days during her first few months (she seems to be switching between the two on and off, and sometimes one eye double and one eye single :wacko3: ). She only settled down with double eyelids when she was one year old (she's two now). I've got a niece who had single eyelids for the first 9 months, then only ended up with double eyelids.

let me give u examples of few cases:

1. my 2nd bro- my mum said he was born with single. then my bro started to rub his eyes when he was in primary school, now they are 1 single 1 double

2. my 3rd bro- also born with single. same as my 2nd bro always rubs his eyes whenever he's sleepy. now his eyes are both double.

3. my 4yo son- born with single (me double eyelid, hb single eyelid). also the same, always rubs his eyes whenever he's sleepy. now it's both double.

Nerissa was born with double eye lid (follow dad) and it changed to single eye lid (follow mine) after a month.

Some said she has Korean look because of the single eye lid :P

OMG...i cant believe im reading...

does it really matter? its your baby for heaven's sake...

just be thankful that you have a healthy baby