Bao B

1st period after delivery...

baob and janice, thanks for the input ladies.

i am very skeptical as well. i try to avoid but mil and hubby is askin daily when am i goin to take this pills.

stress nyer!

maybe i take once a mth...sigh!

Wanna ask the mummies here something, especially those who have been getting their Aunty visit regularly. :(

My 3rd period is here and unlike the first two times where it was light with some initial spotting, this time, it's very very very heavy. I have to wear overnight pads and even then, I have to change them FOUR times in a day! It's my 2nd day and there is no sign of it getting less - in fact, I got worried this afternoon when I saw huge lumps/clots coming out (sorry la if it's gross) (about half the size of my hand)! My cramps are worse than my previous periods - even before I was preggers! (I usually get cramps for the first day and that's it but this time, it's continuing...) I asked one of my mummy friends - she is carrying no 3 and she tells me that it's normal as I have not had a real period in months and I'm starting Eva on solids.

But I can't help but worry. :/

i had my real period last weekend.. not like the previous one only spotting..

this time.. i have to use pads.. and it's alot !!!! my period just ended yesterday..total 5 days period like last time..it's not fresh red, the color is like dark brown red.. i guess since not having period for this long, maybe that's why my period got lumps and colors like this.. but i do not have pain, i don't have period pain before..so i guess it's the same now, just feel tired only! i will try to monitor my next period and see how..

Mabel, I think u have to consult ur gynae...don't dare to put any assumption here..

Islandgal, ya, we have to monitor our "P" from time to time especially we still bf and it is gila a bit..

for me, I had my 3rd "p" on 24th day but it is only spotting and bit brown color and only out once...no more after that..& the real 3rd one came on 40th day ! and it is a lot for 1st 3 days ! I had to change my pad very often too ! and it finished around day 5 or 6 like last time ...totally cleaned at day 7 ! so have to monitor again next round....

mine came at the end of the 4th mth. Still bf at that time. and yea.. it's very heavy..

But now, end of 5th mth, and still no sign of the 2nd period :( wonder when will be regular again.

I checked on the SG forum and all also had very heavy periods - heavier than before they were preggers. I'm actually going to monitor it for the next few days. Apart from the cramps, I actually feel okay - just cranky from PMSing. :lol: Anyway, if it doesn't go down by this evening or something, I'll give the gynae a holler.

i had my period on 4th and 5th months after post delivery.. but now the 3rd one yet to come

i am wondering is that while still breastfeeding, it wont be regular yet izzit? the 2nd period came 30 days after the 1st.. so i was expecting the 3rd period but yet i got it..

so mummies who still breastfeeding..can tell me abt this??

i'm wondering does your period come every month (after the 1st time period) while you still breastfeed??

my gal is 15 months now and i haven't had my period until now. I have been pumping exclusively, and on my way to stop by this month. Now already manage to reduce to 1 pumping session a day.

I'm a bit worried also coz not sure can preggie or not as I plan to start TTC in another 2 months time.

I've got my 1st period on the 5th month, and this is a heavy one, 2nd was on the 6th month, after 30 days apart, one a little choc discharged, until now, the 3rd have not come yet? is that normal?

I am TTC now, hopefully can success in few months time . otherwise HB will ask me to stop breastfeeding, which I really reluctant to.

Islandgal and csufong,

My period also not regular. Its 1.5 months to 2 months cycle. I believe this is normal while you are still breastfeeding.

Is it necessary to practice safe sex for family planning after delivery till the 1st period?

yes i think.. as been told even the % is lower to get pregnant but it is still possibility of being pregnant!!

1) My first period after delivered is today. baby just step into 16 months. total 25.5 months no period!! Yes, i still breastfeed but not full term.

2) I am not sure accurate (on timing) for the following period :oops: coz only first day of first time

3) it is normal period feeling. only abnormal was spotting with light redish then followed by brownish for 3 days, then stop totally, 2 days later follow by normal period flow.