DanielT

My wife pregnant?

Dear all,

My wife last month period was started on 25 Dec 2010. She has a regular period cycle which is 28 days.

when i checked ovulation calendar on the website....babyhopes.com, it stated that if there is no period on 24 Jan 2011, probably wife will pregnant.

Last week, Friday, i bought a pregnancy test kit, result was negative.

For those experiences mother,husband or mother and father to be, can you advise what is the next step? see doctor? or use pregnancy to do retest?

Thank you

Aiya, just pass the Day28...even she is preggie, it might not show on the pregnancy test kit. If u really desperate to know, grab a Clear Blue digital pregnancy test kit. It can detect very early pregnancy - far more sensitive than those used on doctor.

sometimes period can be delayed..... so either see doc or just wait it out and you'll know

if u dowan to see doctor yet then wait for 2 more days and try the home test kit again la. the test kit is usually accurate :smile:

Daniel, I assume that this is the first pregnancy. If your wife's period is like a Credit Card Statement, i.e very regular, its more likely to be 'positive news' but there are always other reasons. Since you have tested once and it was negative, my advice would be to get a 'Clear Blue' kit and test again, but give it a couple of days, up to a week. Retest and if its positive, see a gynae.

If its still negative after a week from today, wait again after another week and if its still negatve, you should see a gyane for a check-up just to make sure that your wife is 'ok' cos if your wife always has regular periods, missing it could mean other things but not to scare you, just go for a check-up to make sure.

Ask your wife avoid heavy lifting, walking up / down the stairs to much or prolong standing. If you wife suddenly notices drops of 'blood' on the undergraments, don't get too alarmed yet. This could be due to 'implantation bleeding' or 'spoting', the more common term. You should then test the kit immediately and if its positive see a gynae immediatelty. Where are you based?

In the meantime, baby dust to your wife.

Daniel, I assume that this is the first pregnancy. If your wife's period is like a Credit Card Statement, i.e very regular, its more likely to be 'positive news' but there are always other reasons. Since you have tested once and it was negative, my advice would be to get a 'Clear Blue' kit and test again, but give it a couple of days, up to a week. Retest and if its positive, see a gynae.

If its still negative after a week from today, wait again after another week and if its still negatve, you should see a gyane for a check-up just to make sure that your wife is 'ok' cos if your wife always has regular periods, missing it could mean other things but not to scare you, just go for a check-up to make sure.

Ask your wife avoid heavy lifting, walking up / down the stairs to much or prolong standing. If you wife suddenly notices drops of 'blood' on the undergraments, don't get too alarmed yet. This could be due to 'implantation bleeding' or 'spoting', the more common term. You should then test the kit immediately and if its positive see a gynae immediatelty. Where are you based?

In the meantime, baby dust to your wife.

Yes, this is the first pregnancy.i am based in Bandar Sungai Long, Kajang.So i shall just wait for few more days. So far, she said no symptom of period like what she had previously. No breast pain, but her bottom part was pain last 2 days.

Daniel, when its time to take your wife to see a gynae and if your wife does not mind seeing a Male Gynae, I would personally recommend you to see Dr Lee in KPJ Kajang. Its quite near where you stay in Sg Long and DR Lee is very famous in Kajang area.

His charges are reasonable, avg RM60 plus scan (but first visit will cost more) and waiting time if no operation is about max 1 hr. Plus he is very detailed, takes time to examine the scan process.

Daniel, when its time to take your wife to see a gynae and if your wife does not mind seeing a Male Gynae, I would personally recommend you to see Dr Lee in KPJ Kajang. Its quite near where you stay in Sg Long and DR Lee is very famous in Kajang area.

His charges are reasonable, avg RM60 plus scan (but first visit will cost more) and waiting time if no operation is about max 1 hr. Plus he is very detailed, takes time to examine the scan process.

Ok,CFA, Thanks for your advice.

I shall wait till next week.

Her period suppose (28 days cycle) so by right should come on 21 Jan 2011, but now is 26 Jan 2011, 5 days delay already.

DanielT,

You really follow-up closely to ur wife cycle :tongue: look like u urge for a kid right... :biggrin:

I & my husband also keen for baby b4 i get pregnant but my husband was not like u so "gan cheong" lor.... even I test with the kit shown positive he still like wait for few more days only see gynae :wacko3:

Anyway baby dust to both u & ur wife & hope to hear good news from you soon :happy:

DanielT,

You really follow-up closely to ur wife cycle :tongue: look like u urge for a kid right... :biggrin:

I & my husband also keen for baby b4 i get pregnant but my husband was not like u so "gan cheong" lor.... even I test with the kit shown positive he still like wait for few more days only see gynae :wacko3:

Anyway baby dust to both u & ur wife & hope to hear good news from you soon :happy:

@wsyrinrin,

Hehe...ya...i really wish to have kid in rabbit year...

This is the 2nd month of trying,if negative, i will go for sperm count checking to ensure i am ok.

i am 31 this yr, so i don't want to waste time anymore.

2months trying is not long la. cannot be too stress oh, relax and enjoy the process. :tongue:

give urself 6months then only go for checkings la. 31years old for a man is consider young... how old is ur wife?

Hehe...ya...i really wish to have kid in rabbit year...

This is the 2nd month of trying,if negative, i will go for sperm count checking to ensure i am ok.

i am 31 this yr, so i don't want to waste time anymore.

DanielT, you can ask your wife to look out for some early pregnancy symptoms, such as tender breasts, heartburn, bloating. On the home pregnancy test kit, try testing it with the middle stream of the first urine when she wakes up in the morning which is supposed to have higher HCG levels - should have higher chance of detection.

All the best to you guys!

Even if you want to go for a sperm count, the doc will tell you that you do not fall in the range that requires more attention as it is only in cases whereby couples have been trying for years that docs will suspect fertility problems. Two months, as mentioned, is very short and while 31 is not young, it's not old either. In fact, I got pregnant when my HB was 31 - he too didn't want to wait but he wasn't as stressed out as you are. :P

Plus it'll only make things worse if your wife is stressed out - affects her cycle, etc.

yeah yeah take folic acid; even if she not yet pregnant. should have this intake while TTC too!

Just to add, would be good if your wife can take folic acid too (if she's not already doing so), in case she's pregnant :)

Dear DanielT,

just try 2 months only and you are still young. Take your time and relax. if after 1/2 yr still no news, just visit gynea still not too late.

don worry so much. Sometime your wife having stress or get sick, may affected menstrual cycle.

My husband and me try about 6 months just success to get bb.

from my experience, relax is most important... stressing every month during cycle time really affects both partners, and that way your fertility oso will be less... We TTC for 3 months, and the 4th month we decided to tone down and relax more, and poof! it happened!

Thanks for all the reply. Gain some knowledge from you all.

Just to check, some forumers suggest me to consult doctor on 5th or 6th week.

The 5th week or 6th week start count from the 1st day period? or the last day period last month?

Thanks for all the reply. Gain some knowledge from you all.

Just to check, some forumers suggest me to consult doctor on 5th or 6th week.

The 5th week or 6th week start count from the 1st day period? or the last day period last month?

i think should be first day period.. first day period is also how the doctor will calculate the gestation of the baby

Yep, you look at 1st day of last period. Around 6 weeks, gynae should be able to see a sac. 5th week maybe a bit too early. Can try the home pregnancy test again with first urine in the morning. If confirmed yes, then you can visit a gynae.

Daniel,

2 mths is not long... be patient I & my husband also try for 6 mths only get & we r so pressure during the 1st 5 mths but when come to the 6th mth we like give up then the miracle happened... then I think the most relax u r the higher chance u can get conceive...

Gambateh :biggrin:

Dear all,

This morning, my wife tested the urine, seem like got some positive sign, but after hlf an hour, still blur blur, the line. i will go for doctor at clinic. Let say if really pregnant, can we tell our family? as chinese " pantang' , we not suppose to reveal the pregnancy until it reach 3 months.

Anyone can comment?