sharonyipsm

Documents for ROM Applications & ROM day

hi gals,

just to share my recent experience....

pls drop by any JPN to double your spouse & your marital status before submit the documents..

out of our surprise... my FH marital status was "BERKAHWIN = MARRIED"!!!

the officer at JPN, Putrajaya mentioned to us is normal..

then, she gave us the form to get the Commission of Oath to sign to proof my FH is "single".

we can submit the form together with other documents on the same day..

their officer will amend immediately for us..

just done our submission today..

put a THUMB UP to them coz they r really efficient, amend -> proceed for the date ROM confirmation less than half an hour and our no. is right after 4th couple...

personally, i found that their process is simple, quick than Tien Hou Temple as most of my friends were done their ROM there....

:)

HiHi all here!!! ;)

Can i ask a question here?

Hw about if our birth cert' ored lost? :D

Then its v stil can proceed to ROM? :unsure:

Hope can get reply frm some1 else...10s :)

HI mhyap1,

10s 4 d reply. I frm Alor Setar de, n my bf frm Taiping, i ask this question cz of jz nw i read d topics in d forum n there stated d documents v need 2 prepare 4 our ROM, n i c tat birth cert also 1 of d documents v need when ROM so i post my question here n hope can get a reply frm all.

Anyway 10s 4 ur reply. ;)

HI mhyap1,

10s 4 d reply. I frm Alor Setar de, n my bf frm Taiping, i ask this question cz of jz nw i read d topics in d forum n there stated d documents v need 2 prepare 4 our ROM, n i c tat birth cert also 1 of d documents v need when ROM so i post my question here n hope can get a reply frm all.

Anyway 10s 4 ur reply. ;)

you are welcome. actually the ROM documents requirement is different depending on where you ROM. that's why the best is still check with the place where you choose to ROM. :)

Hi ladies, pls help me with this. Both FH and me are locals (Malaccans). But he is living in US and me in KL. He will be back for 1 month next Feb for our wedding. We want to register our marriage before he has to fly back. I know it can be done at a temple but I'm Christian and he's free-thinker. Most churches require both to be Christians. And because we only have 1 month, I think JPN will not be able to do it for us. Please any suggestions?

Baby, if you like, you can do your registration at JPN and it only takes two weeks. That's how I did mine. Submit documents a week before my registration - it's the express one and you fill in this form stating why you wanna get married so soon. But it can only be done at JPN Shah Alam.

i would like to ask, my FH is from pahang and im from ipoh n both of us working in KL. V wanted to have our ROM in KL. As my fren told me tat if i wan 2 do it in kl, either one's address in our ic must have kl add. if other state add then must go bk to the state itself, izzit true?

it's true if you wan to ROM in JPN... but then again if you both of you are staying in KL then you can change your IC to KL address lor... the procedure to change the address is quite easy and fast as long as you have some document such as electricity / water bill to proof that you are staying in that particular address...

Baby, if you like, you can do your registration at JPN and it only takes two weeks. That's how I did mine. Submit documents a week before my registration - it's the express one and you fill in this form stating why you wanna get married so soon. But it can only be done at JPN Shah Alam.

Thanks Sharon and Mei for your reply. Hey Mei, can I ask if both my FH and I are from Melaka, can we still do it at the JPN is Shah Alam? Is it a different form from the normal ROM application or just the extra form to fill? How come cannot do in other JPN ah? Sorry so many questions

Hie Babykodiak

just to share with you since you planning to do your ROM there... go and submit your form early coz their ROM oni on Tuesday & Wednesday!! N all the dates are usually full. Luckly me i got the date in Dec 07 or not after my AD oni can register....

it's true if you wan to ROM in JPN... but then again if you both of you are staying in KL then you can change your IC to KL address lor... the procedure to change the address is quite easy and fast as long as you have some document such as electricity / water bill to proof that you are staying in that particular address...

tat applies when i wanted to register in JPN. wat if i wanted to do at teanhau temple? izzit the same?

need some advice. i'm 25, for my witness is it necessary to have both parents as the witness? if both parents have divorced and both have re-married, can i have either my aunty or uncle to be the witness on the ROM?

need some advice. i'm 25, for my witness is it necessary to have both parents as the witness? if both parents have divorced and both have re-married, can i have either my aunty or uncle to be the witness on the ROM?

yes you can. you can even have your friend as your witness.

I need help!!!

I'm frm KUching and FH frm Ipoh.

We're planning to have ROM in Kuching, so he's to apply leave for 3 days..

but!! I need to get the forms...We're doin it with the Cantonese Persatuan smthing (广惠绍) on 27/5

And all of u are saying need both to be present to get the forms frm don know where!!!!

Arghhhh~~ if cant leave..or his days not enough for AD!!!

Please advise!!! Pronto!!!

genielee_83,

if you register in JPN Putrajaya then both of you will need to be present there. but if you register at the cantonese association then i think the procedure might be slightly different. it's better if you check with the place you wanna ROM directly on this. different places will have different procedure....

To share with you, I've just submitted our form at JPN Maju Junction yesterday. Both FH and I am from KL and we must present in person (witnesses need not come).

The documents needed:-

1) Application form

2) Original and photocopy IC

3) 1 passport-size photograph

Couple could choose the date but only ROM on Monday or Wednesday.

No need to bring:-

1) Birth certificates

2) Photocoy IC for witnesses

Hi all, I need help!! hope anyone here will reply me. Thanks in advance! :Di would like to know, my FH is frm KL (IC add KL too) and i'm frm Johor.(IC add is BP). We bought a house at PJ. We gonna change our ic add to our new house add. Where should we do our ROM? :huh:

Hi all, I need help!! hope anyone here will reply me. Thanks in advance! :Di would like to know, my FH is frm KL (IC add KL too) and i'm frm Johor.(IC add is BP). We bought a house at PJ. We gonna change our ic add to our new house add. Where should we do our ROM? :huh:

If you are planning to change both your IC to PJ, then register in Selangor or KL. If either one of you is Buddhist you can do it at Buddhist Maha Vihara, Brickfields, KL. They have website with all the info. Marriage application form is RM50

Even if your IC is not KL or Selangor also can register there. But you will each need to get another form from them to state that you are residing in PJ. This form cost RM10.

Hope this helps. All the best :)

Thanks babykodiak, yes me n FH r buddhist. We able to do our ROM at everywhere in KL n PJ? What if we decided not to change our IC address? Or only me gonna change my IC address? Sorry ya, many question :) hope u can help me

Thanks babykodiak, yes me n FH r buddhist. We able to do our ROM at everywhere in KL n PJ? What if we decided not to change our IC address? Or only me gonna change my IC address? Sorry ya, many question :) hope u can help me

I don't know what is the procedure for other places in KL or PJ. But for sure at the Maha Vihara you don't need to change your IC address. My hubby and I both have Melaka address on our IC. We just need to fill this form (one form each) to say our current address in in PJ. Form is $10 each because the Maha Vihara office needs to get the form signed by an official for us.

The advantage of doing it at a temple compare to JPN is that it's usually faster. For temple you need to sudmit your application at 21 days before the date of your registration. Whereas I think for JPN, you need to submit much earlier (maybe be few months) before your registration date. This is because JPN will naturally have more applications.

I hope that answers your question ;)

thanks, u r so kind...can i have the address of Maha Vihara n contact no? i wan to go JPN coz i plan to have outdoor ROM. Hows nice if he/she can do the outdoor ROM for me without registration hehe...found tats quite 'ma fan' have to register first n wait for approve.

thanks, u r so kind...can i have the address of Maha Vihara n contact no? i wan to go JPN coz i plan to have outdoor ROM. Hows nice if he/she can do the outdoor ROM for me without registration hehe...found tats quite 'ma fan' have to register first n wait for approve.

Hi PInky,

This is from their website (http://www.buddhistmahavihara.com/services.htm)

Registration of Marriages

PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGES

Although the teachings of the Buddha do not lay special emphasis on marriages, the Buddhist Maha Vihara recognises the importance of this social institution. Two government-approved Assistant Registrars conduct civil marriages. The marriage ceremony is then followed by a blessing service conducted by the resident monks of the Buddhist Maha Vihara. Registration forms and procedures for marriage registration are available from the Administration Office.

Address

: Assistant Registrar of Marriages ,

Buddhist Maha Vihara,

123 Jalan Berhala, Brickfields,

50470 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +60-3-22741141

Fax: +60-3-22732570

E-Mail : info@buddhistmahavihara.com

BMV Office Hours

: For Inquiries, Submissions and Appointments.

9a.m. to 9 p.m. (Mondays to Saturdays)

9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Sundays and Public Holidays)

Registration Date/Time

: 7 Days a Week except Public Holidays

9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Other times can also be arranged.

Service Fee & Stamp Duty

: RM50.00

Photograph Size

: 32mm x 38mm (Please paste photos on Form G)

REQUIREMENTS FOR MARRIAGES

1) BOTH PARTIES ABOVE 21 YEARS OF AGE

a) Either Party Must Be a Buddhist

B) 2 copies of Form G duly completed, stamped and signed by Magistrate or Commissioner of Oaths.

c) 1 Photocopy of bride and groom's I.C. (Front and back on A4 size).

d) 1 Photocopy of bride and groom's BIRTH CERTIFICATE (Front and Back on A4 size).

e) 1 Photocopy of the 2 WITNESSES I.C. (Front and Back on A4 size).

Note: Witnesses can be relatives or friends. They must be Malaysian

citizens and above 21years of age. Changing witnesses at the last minute is NOT PERMITTED.

f) 2 PHOTOGRAPHS each of bride and groom (black & white or colour 32mm x 38mm)

Note :- Kindly CUT YOUR PHOTO to the correct size and PASTE them on Form G.

For all ROM, you need to send in application form first before you can do the ROM. I think it applys for everywhere - JPN, temple, church. Even JPN, the ROM procedure is conducted in the building. If you want outdoor ROM, I think you need to get an assistant registrar of marriage to go to your outdoor venue. i don't know any personally. You can try asking covershots at SS2. I think I saw their banner saying the can help you arrange that. But I can't confirm this.