Sign in to follow this  
simonne

Anyone know how to cook?

I tried to bake cake using my turbo broiler before. It turned out to be very 'high' in the middle and very 'short' at the side.

Melissa, can you give me some cakes recipe to bake using turbo broiler?

Thanks!

fluene,

Yeah, baking cakes in turbo boiler makes it very high in the middle. Look so gigantic.

Give me a few days okie then i gv you the recipe. Must go and dig in the shelves.

xiaoposh,

:o you so keng one......it looks like those in the bakery shop.

thumps up!!!

for those who are married

can you all help and share with us us some recipes of simple dishes ? actually i'm not good at cooking and dislike cooking, but i'm willing to learn a few dishes so that after i get married, i'm able to "come out" with someting edible.

hi joo joo & JL,

thankx for the comment. it's very simple to make the bread... & these pic is small small 1 (the hotdog only half)

Regards

xiaoposh

I know a few dishes... quite simple... not sure up to u guys taste or not hehehe...

if interested then i elaborate lor hehehe

1. Steamed herbal chicken wrapped in aluminium foil

2. Chicken in soy sauce

3. Fish stuff with sambal

4. Curry chicken

5. Pan mee

6. Pork mee (sorry, no offence)

7. My fav - spaghetti

8. Salmon with lemon and pepper

9. Watercress soup

10. ABC soup

11. Fish with salted vegie, mushroom and etc

12. Blueberry cheese cake

Er... all simple dishes lor... but ppl always ask for my steamed herbal chicken, my blueberry cheese cake and spaghetti hahahaha...

If interested only i tell... if not panjang lebar i type hahahaha

I wrote this in my blog before. So I am just pasting it for you. Enjoy cooking ya!

Another dish that I like to make is steamed herbal chicken wrapped in aluminium foil. I didn’t make this for quite some time already. You just need one whole chicken without the head and feet, boxthorn fruits (Chinese called it ‘kei ci’ - small, red colour herb), dates and angelica (Chinese called it ‘tong kuai’).

Put the wok with water on the stove and start boiling the water. Remember to put the stand (the stand that you put the plate on for steaming) in it.

First, wash the chicken. Rub the chicken with a little salt. Take one metal plate and cut out a piece of aluminium foil (must be big enough to cover the whole chicken). Put the aluminium foil on the metal plate. Place the chicken on top of the aluminium foil.

Put the dates, boxthorn fruits and angelica all over the chicken. You can also stuff them inside the chicken through its butt! *laugh out loud* Add half cup of water and wrap the chicken.

Put the wrapped chicken into the steaming wok, close the lid and steam for about 1.5 to 2 hours. Yes, it is that long. Try it and believe it, it is fantastic! When it is cook, you guys can start tearing the chicken apart.

Sometimes it is nice to eat like the cavemen! Some food tastes nicer when you use your hand. Finger lickin good!

Pan Mee is my mum home made one. I am not sure whether u will like it but i love it.

My mum uses flour to do the mee.

Just add a little salt and also pepper and also soy sauce. The add water. Dont pour a lot inside. Just stir it slowly and then make sure u get something like a dough. So not too much water.

Then u take the dried prawn or dried anchovies (depends on which one u like). Just clean them and then put them aside in a bowl. Take garlic and chop them. If u like to bite garlic then don mince too fine.

Buy pucuk manis. A lot a lot of pucuk manis. Can get in carrefour or pasar. Clean them. Pucuk manis very easy to pluck. U just hold the steam and then slide down or up depends which way u like it. All the leaves will come out.

Clean the pucuk manis thoroughly.

Heat up the work and then fry the garlic. Until it is golden brown, add the dried prawn or anchovies or both, then fry them till nice nice smell, then add water (depends on how many ppl eating), then u use ur hand to 'mit' the dough and put it inside once the water is bowling.

If u like fat fat pieces of dough then take slight bigger portion. if not take a small portion then flatten it a bit and slide it in the wok. Then u stir the wok. the dough will not stick to the wok. Very smooth.

Then add mushroom if u want. Slice the mushroom. Then add pucuk manis. Add salt and pepper to ur liking. Voila!!! Pan mee...!!!

It is very simple nia...

Cooking is fairly easy once you know the basic. You don't have to follow the recipe strictly, can varies according to your own taste. And from the master recipe, you can vary the ingredients to come out with new dishes. I like cooking and used to cook almost everyday before I get married since I stayed with friends in a rented house. Now seldom cok already because staying with IL and the maids do everything.

But sometimes still make something special like sushi, kimchi, yogurt, etc.

Melissa, can you give me the recipe for a chocolate/coffee cake to be bake using turbo broiler. I only have those to be bake with an oven, not sure whether can be used with turbo broiler or not.

Thanks

fluene,

Okie, but can you wait cause its in my mom's recipe book and she's in Sarawak for the weekend. Got to wait for her to come back and see where she kept her book. Sorry to keep you waiting.

For the fish stuff with sambal... u have to by the chili paste... the chili paste can be mix with onion if u buy from market...

then u have to blend ur onion... cut into dice and then blend it smooth...

then u have to buy asam jawa... take a little out, put water and squeeze the asam juice out.. add a little of sugar and mix them... dont put a lot of water as we do not want the sambal to be too watery...

then u have to buy cincaru fish... the tail of the cincaru is hard... chinese called it hard tail fish

Heat up the wok with oil and put the onion and fry till nice smell... then u put the chili paste inside... fry till both have a very nice smell... then u put the asam juice into it... cook it until it becomes thick paste... put salt up to ur liking...

the fish, clean them up and then erm... how to say... u have to cut the sides like fillet... u know like yong tau foo... ppl cut the tau foo to stuff the paste inside... same like it... cut the two sides of the fish (belly sides) and then stuff the sambal paste inside...

then clean the wok and then heat up the wok with oil... more oil as u need to fry the fish... then put the fish inside and fry... becareful not to spill the sambal...

Hope i didnt miss anything haha...

Try it... it is easy but a lot of work!!! kitchen will be messy and smelly with the oil... ahahaha :D

Cooking is fairly easy once you know the basic.  You don't have to follow the recipe strictly, can varies according to your own taste.  And from the master recipe, you can vary the ingredients to come out with new dishes.  I like cooking and used to cook almost everyday before I get married since I stayed with friends in a rented house.  Now seldom cok already because staying with IL and the maids do everything.

But sometimes still make something special like sushi, kimchi, yogurt, etc.

Melissa, can you give me the recipe for a chocolate/coffee cake to be bake using turbo broiler.  I only  have those to be bake with an oven, not sure whether can be used with turbo broiler or not.

Thanks

fluene,

can see you are a creative person that makes life more interesting.

Really envy you leh :P

Me too, i like to make something special once in a while. Like Italian specialties. still a lot to learn from people. Its the process that is fun hor.... :lol:

Breadmaker is not difficult to use. In fact it is the easiest way to bake bread or cakes. I have never bake cakes using breadmaker, only breads. However, the breads that are baked using breadmaker is very rough. Very different from those that we buy.

My cousin owns a breadmaker machine. Last time she used other brand and her conclusion is use Kenwood because the texture is even. Other chap blang brand makes the texture uneven...like cake....some part ok but some part not ok....

My hor i prefer those bread that we eat outside cos like Fluene says, texture is rougher.

Simonne, you n family eat lots of bread meh? :unsure: if not hor, I wud think its not worth it lor.......unless like my cousin her family eats bread n family size is big.....just imagine her family consume 5 litres of fresh milk a day....so its ok for her to rear a cow for milk :P

jaylow,

actually the whole family only i eat bread hahaha... Yaloh if i buy the breadmaker would be a waste.... coz making the whole bread ( without "tahan fan" ) somemore the bread can only last for a few days.

Wah your cousin family so health 5 litre a day ????!

Fluence : why don't you try let the breadmaker do the dough and bake the bread in the oven ?

Oh ya, kenwood is kind of $$ but if you're a pro baker oklah... I am still beginner...

Today i bake apple muffin - FAILED!

The top turn ok but bottom is uncooked sigh...... Need to try again