bewwytoria

dress "rules" for MIL and SIL's?

dear all pretty ladies,

i'm wondering if there's such a thing in malaysia or the chinese custom regarding the color(s) that the mother-in-law and sister-in-law can wear? i understand in the western culture, it is deemed rude for anyone else to wear white/ivory to a wedding. what more if it's the MIL & SIL...

why i'm asking is because FH's younger sister is an attention seeker... she's tall and pretty and bla bla bla so i'm sure she'd be wearing something revealing or eye-catching. as for the colors, is it "permissible" for her to wear the same as my wedding gown/evening dress? what about black?

my wedding is in september but i have not finalised the design and color of my evening dress so i can't tell them what i'm going to wear. i plan to have simple designs for both my gown and dress so that i could wear them again in the future so they will not be too elaborate (i'm custom-making them).

i'm just worried she will get overboard and steal my moment =(

or am i just sweating the small stuff?

Do you have any color theme for your wedding? If yes, let her wear on the color.

Actually, it is rude to wear white/ivory to people's wedding, tak kan you wanna jadi the bride too?

Do you have any color theme for your wedding? If yes, let her wear on the color.

Actually, it is rude to wear white/ivory to people's wedding, tak kan you wanna jadi the bride too?

as of now i don't really have a theme. but i'm planning to make a fuchsia pink dress. will it be a good idea to tell her that in hope that she will "sing mook"? later she "siew hei" pulak cos she's quite a spoilt child and has always had her way. i've asked FH to let her know, don't know if he has conveyed the message. or should i just let her wear whatever she likes, just let it be even if it's too over so people will think she's desperate to be noticed?

like for my wedding, what i did is told the bridesmaid what kind to wear ie : cheong sam / oriental in the morning tea ceremony and no red as i will be wearing red Qua but of course there is some chi mui who wear red (slight diff shades).

at night since nothing much to do just urshering so they are all allowed to wear whatever they want.

i won't be wearing a Qua. then i think i'll just casually or try to jokingly tell her that's MY color - don't copycat!

thanks all for the reassurance :)

I think is okie to let her knows your theme color and see what she will do.

Well, I'm sure the photographer and videographer will know what to do, you are still the main focus and she .. well .. just an extra flower vase to 'decorate' XD haahah yes I'm bad =P

I think the dress color of the mother-in-law and sister-in-law don't be similiar to the bride's.

hahaha I nvm there's a flower vase in my wedding, well .. it serves as decoration ba .. but the main focus still the bride la =P

let me see .. do I have any flower vase in my weddig .. hmmm .. yes, there's one =P young and pretty! hahaha but I'm the 'queen' of the day, I'm still the main focus! =D

Hmm in this case, maybe you should tell them to wear dark purple or dark pink...say that's your theme for the dinner and then u start decorating everything in dark purple/ pink just to make it less obvious.

Delicate situation since she's your SIL. You don't want to get into the in laws bad books. Anyway the bride will always be the focus, with your beautiful gown, hair & makeup, don't worry lah.

dear all pretty ladies,

i'm wondering if there's such a thing in malaysia or the chinese custom regarding the color(s) that the mother-in-law and sister-in-law can wear? i understand in the western culture, it is deemed rude for anyone else to wear white/ivory to a wedding. what more if it's the MIL & SIL...

why i'm asking is because FH's younger sister is an attention seeker... she's tall and pretty and bla bla bla so i'm sure she'd be wearing something revealing or eye-catching. as for the colors, is it "permissible" for her to wear the same as my wedding gown/evening dress? what about black?

my wedding is in september but i have not finalised the design and color of my evening dress so i can't tell them what i'm going to wear. i plan to have simple designs for both my gown and dress so that i could wear them again in the future so they will not be too elaborate (i'm custom-making them).

i have the same situation - but in the form of the FH's younger brother's gf - ;). lucky thing that she's not as good looking as she thinks she is lar (feel quite bad to say this :P)

i've seen her wear somthing to somone's wedding, looking like she's the bride more than the bride herself - find that quite rude too....

yes, it is rude and unspoken rule that no one but the bride should wear ivory or white or off white

There will always be 'attention whores' and 'camera whores' in many weddings. Let them be. Just be your beautiful self as the Bride. :thumbsu:

thats also quite true - theres so many of them - u cant take them all down ! hahahaha

Well, I'm sure the photographer and videographer will know what to do, you are still the main focus and she .. well .. just an extra flower vase to 'decorate' XD haahah yes I'm bad =P

yes - my photographer is very professional and i know he will not focus on anyone else but us and the close family ! :D

Saw your signature line, your photographer is Weng Yap.

Yes, your photographer will know what to do and of course you are the bride, the queen of the day, who else he needs to focus to!?

dear all pretty ladies,

i have the same situation - but in the form of the FH's younger brother's gf - ;). lucky thing that she's not as good looking as she thinks she is lar (feel quite bad to say this :P)

i've seen her wear somthing to somone's wedding, looking like she's the bride more than the bride herself - find that quite rude too....

yes, it is rude and unspoken rule that no one but the bride should wear ivory or white or off white

There will always be 'attention whores' and 'camera whores' in many weddings. Let them be. Just be your beautiful self as the Bride. :thumbsu:

thats also quite true - theres so many of them - u cant take them all down ! hahahaha

yes - my photographer is very professional and i know he will not focus on anyone else but us and the close family ! :D

hi all, just wanna update u all. i had my private ROM last weekend. guess what she wore? my god.....my ROm was in the morning and she wore a skimpy short one shoulder dress which is white in colour......all my friends were shocked.......they didn't know such ppl existed..

the dress is this short - http://images.werdyo.com/2011/08/11b/monique-coleman/monique-coleman-white-dress-4.jpg

and the dress was definitely too small for her.....and the whole day was a free show of VPL for my guests......OMG