meiteoh

Home made beauty recipes

I have this natural beauty book with me - it was a gift from some former colleagues who took a peek at my Amazon wish list. Anyway, it contains simple home recipes for anything under the sun from hair conditioners to soaps, etc.

So if you need anything, I'll see if I can find it and if I can, I'll put up a post, k?

NOTE: Ingredients can be found at health food stores! :)

To kick start, here are some on hair.

PERFECT HAIR CONDITIONER

For soft, radiant hair with body and texture. Recipe is enough for 1 treatment.

1 teaspoon almond oil

1 teaspoon avocado oil

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 egg yolk

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1. Mix all ingredients together and stir thorougly.

2. Massage into hair and scalp. Wrap hair in plastic wrap or use a plastic shower cap and leave for 15 minutes.

3. Shampoo hair as usual and rinse well.

DANDRUFF RINSE*

For dandruff condition, this rinse may help remove the dry flakes from your hair and scalp. If you have very flaky hair and skin and it doesn't get better, you should see a doctor. The vinegar in this rinse is a mild acid that gently clears the scalp of any dead skin cells.

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup of fresh or 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves

1 cup boiling water

1. Place the vinegar and mint leaves in a ceramic bowl. Pour the boiling water over the mixture.

2. Allow the mixture to cool completely and then strain out the mint leaves.

3. Apply the remaining solution to the scalp as a final rinse after shampooing. Rinse with cool water as a final step.

* Rinses are used after you have shampooed your hair and as a final rinse (before you step out of the shower). Remember to always rinse your hair with the coolest water you can stand for at least one full minute. Each recipe makes enough for one application

mabel,

i like the perfect hair conditioner recipe!!!

anymore? like home made mask for hydrating, cleansing n purifying?

Honey, milk and some plain rolled oats make a good purifying and hydrating mask. Just rub honey on your skin...it's also a good antiseptic.

However, of course use with caution for anyone allergic to honey or milk <---I am not sure but just in case la....hehe....so far its ok for me...I like the feel of the skin after the honey mask...so soft and smooth.

In Addition, up to this day i am still using the rice flour powder (bedak sejuk) made in Penang kind. I used it as a baby and continued until today! I cannot live without it. I feel it is cooling and makes skin very soft!

Oh and ever wondered why all the Bollywood female stars have such glorious hair? I swear by coconut oil! My mom makes home-made coconut oil for hair (the whole family uses it) by cooking coconut milk till it becomes oil. And btw I am 100% chinese....hehe...

What we do is massage the oil into hair and scalp, cover it in warm towel for abt 30minutes and then rinse off totally with shampoo. Your hair might get oilier faster later in the week, but just wash your hair regularly. In time u will have shiny thick black hair! The saloon my aunty goes to was so impressed with my aunty's black hair (aunty is late 50s) that she asked for the recipe! You can buy coconut oil from local Indian shops I think...

Yeah...honey, oatmeal is great for the skin. I tried this homemade recipe with bananas, honey, oatmeal and egg. My skin felt absolutely great!

I used to soak my hair in olive oil when I was younger. Maybe I ought to try that again!!!! Should have bought some coconut oil this morning when I went to Pandi to have breakfast!

I think olive oil will do the trick too! :)

What I dont like abt this oil treatment is just that your hair will be oilier a few days after the treatment...then have to wash more often until it wears off. But the hair is so shiny and very healthy!

I always use the olive oil method for my hair. The trick is to apply the olive oil to the end of your hair, never the roots or scalp. Wash twice with shampoo after that and the hair will be fine, shiny without oiliness

I always use the olive oil method for my hair. The trick is to apply the olive oil to the end of your hair, never the roots or scalp. Wash twice with shampoo after that and the hair will be fine, shiny without oiliness

i will try this...thx for sharing

mayb can jimat my hair treatment dy....hehe

Remember to use the olive oil for cooking, not the beauty olive oil

Olive oil nourishes, conditions, and improves the strength and elasticity of your hair, while the couldn't-be-easier process is both stress-reducing and health-promoting. If you have dry hair, use fingertips to massage the oil (warm up) into your scalp then put on an old shower cap for 30min. After that shampooing as usual. Your hair will be shiny and healthy then.

Olive oil nourishes, conditions, and improves the strength and elasticity of your hair, while the couldn't-be-easier process is both stress-reducing and health-promoting. If you have dry hair, use fingertips to massage the oil (warm up) into your scalp then put on an old shower cap for 30min. After that shampooing as usual. Your hair will be shiny and healthy then.

ohhh...I will try this too.

Thanks for ur info.....

Remember to use the olive oil for cooking, not the beauty olive oil

OK will do....

thx

same as yuomi-c too... have to save up the hair treatment outside by doing home-made recipe :lol:

yea is totally savin alot....My FH will happy for tht

if you use...

egg white, oat, yogurt mixed together and apply onto face for 20mins then rinse off.

i use this once a while when i have time and my skin feels so supple after that. It smells yummy as well and if you accidentally eat it, its ok. :D can apply onto lips as well. i have combination sensitive skin.

i have always wanted to try coconut oil for my hair as well but i'm afraid it will smells bad, wont it?

picopico,

u mean just buy the coconut oil & apply like that? or it needs to mix with something else too?? but my hair scalp is oily ke wor... use coconut oil, will it become more oily ah??

if you use...

egg white, oat, yogurt mixed together and apply onto face for 20mins then rinse off.

i use this once a while when i have time and my skin feels so supple after that. It smells yummy as well and if you accidentally eat it, its ok. :D can apply onto lips as well. i have combination sensitive skin.

i have always wanted to try coconut oil for my hair as well but i'm afraid it will smells bad, wont it?

Normally people just take coconut oil and apply on the hair but it's only for dry hair. If you have oily hair, I wouldn't suggest using it. Those with dry ends should apply oils and masks only on the ends of their hair. Don't forget to pile up and cover your hair so that the heat will help facilitate oil/moisture absorption.

In terms of smell, I think you can get refined coconut oil which has no smell at all. Just try looking in organic stores. If you don't mind the smell (which goes away after one or two washes), then just a trip to the regular Indian store will do. :)

picopico,

u mean just buy the coconut oil & apply like that? or it needs to mix with something else too?? but my hair scalp is oily ke wor... use coconut oil, will it become more oily ah??

i've never tried using the raw coconut oil before...but my indian colleague told me that it's very good..makes your hair black, thick and shiny wor...yea, she meant just buy the coconut oil from pasar...i also donno where in pasar got sell coz i seldom go pasar..:s

however, my mom recently bought the refined coconut oil, as mentioned by mei...it smells great and can use for many purposes.

The product: Orifera. Aromatic Virgin Coconut Oil. (Aromatic VCO)

http://www.orifera.com/aromaticvco.html

rosayee, if your scalp is oily, you should use a purifying shampoo to clear the last strips of oil and then you can condition your hair again with conditioner, mask, oils, etc. Even if you don't have oily scalps, using purifying shampoo once a week can clear all the chemicals/dirts from your hair so that it can absorbs new vitamins/minerals from the treatment. :)

mabel,

i do apply masks for my hair... just that I wants my hair to be darker & thicker & more shinning... so thought coconut oil will helps...

let me try out the organic stores... thanks :)

Normally people just take coconut oil and apply on the hair but it's only for dry hair. If you have oily hair, I wouldn't suggest using it. Those with dry ends should apply oils and masks only on the ends of their hair. Don't forget to pile up and cover your hair so that the heat will help facilitate oil/moisture absorption.

In terms of smell, I think you can get refined coconut oil which has no smell at all. Just try looking in organic stores. If you don't mind the smell (which goes away after one or two washes), then just a trip to the regular Indian store will do. :)

picopico,

where your mom brought the refined coconut oil ah? how much is it per bottle? how many ml ah?

I do use purifying shampoo.. with conditioner and mask every week... but yet still so oily scalp...

i've never tried using the raw coconut oil before...but my indian colleague told me that it's very good..makes your hair black, thick and shiny wor...yea, she meant just buy the coconut oil from pasar...i also donno where in pasar got sell coz i seldom go pasar..:s

however, my mom recently bought the refined coconut oil, as mentioned by mei...it smells great and can use for many purposes.

rosayee, if your scalp is oily, you should use a purifying shampoo to clear the last strips of oil and then you can condition your hair again with conditioner, mask, oils, etc. Even if you don't have oily scalps, using purifying shampoo once a week can clear all the chemicals/dirts from your hair so that it can absorbs new vitamins/minerals from the treatment. :)

it's 110ml. rm35+. she bought somewhere in Puchong...will get more info from her and let you know. :)

picopico,

where your mom brought the refined coconut oil ah? how much is it per bottle? how many ml ah?

I do use purifying shampoo.. with conditioner and mask every week... but yet still so oily scalp...