lilyrosey

goverment hospital

anyone can share ur experience in goverment sec-c? how much it cost?

Hi, pc.ling,

I m now coming to 8 mths preggie liao. I m going to a semi-govn. hosp. My plan is for normal delivery, if everything goes smooth. For normal delivery is RM 500++. For sec-c, if not mistaken shud b less than RM 1.5k. (actually i dun really know the actualy figure). Is wht i get to know from some of my frens & relatives. What i know if goes to the 100% government hosp. is much more cheaper. For normal delivery it takes only RM 20 - 30. But i the service is different la...

How many months r u now? Maybe u still have time to go for survey which hosp. tat u wan.

Cheers :P

lamb

sorry for the "very" late reply. i never had any bad experience with gov hospital, it was just no one seemed to answer my question that time. :)

perhaps this is my first pregnancy and im 36 weeks pregnant and im going to gov hospital for delivery. so far i found their services wasnt that bad just sometimes there were times that i need to wait very long Q before its my turn for check up and consult Dr.

PC.ling

do you prefer c-section? why is that so?

<_<

Do u hav any bad experience with gov hosp?

lamb

sorry for the "very" late reply. i never had any bad experience with gov hospital, it was just no one seemed to answer my question that time. :)

perhaps this is my first pregnancy and im 36 weeks pregnant and im going to gov hospital for delivery. so far i found their services wasnt that bad just sometimes there were times that i need to wait very long Q before its my turn for check up and consult Dr.

PC.ling

do you prefer c-section? why is that so?

<_<

Do u hav any bad experience with gov hosp?

Hi,

A friend of mine deliver her first child at ummc..she got a nightmare...she wanted normal delivery..but then induced..and the dilation was only about 1 cm after so long...somemore she got complication(high blood pressure)..so end up c-sec. After c-sec....then a few days later (gotto stay at least 3 days if c-sec), they find out the son got a bit yellow..then need to put under the light. The nurse didn't even bother to help out. She asked my friend to turn the baby every 30 mins herself..My friend end up didn't get much rest at the hospital.

I think it's typical govt hospital lar...the nurse don't care about your baby

hmm, didnt your friend lodge a complaint over the counter?

nowadays govt hospital improved alot.

you are right that its tiring that we need to take care of our baby

after delivery, that govt hospital wont provide this kinda services.

but like c-section they do helped out to take care and feed the baby

because the mother is not able to move alot, until the mother is getting better.

i mostly heard alot of bad experiences from other people about govt hospital.

a few of my relatives included my sis-in law, they all went to govt hospital,

so far so good, and i personally went to visit all of them.

last 2 weeks ago me and my husband just attended the "class peneman", it was a

great experienced for both of us because they actually brought us to visit the real

labour room and explained to us exactly what will happen inside the labour room, who

will be there and so on. it gave me more confident and i could be prepared before im going

into labour. so that i would not have to guess what would happen during the labour process.

you are right that its tiring that we need to take care of our baby

after delivery, that govt hospital wont provide this kinda services.

but like c-section they do helped out to take care and feed the baby

because the mother is not able to move alot, until the mother is getting better.

But nowadays even in private hospitals we need to feed the baby ourselves too BECAUSE WE BREASTFEED! :( Every 2 or sometimes as short as 1 hour the nurse would send the baby to you for feeding, just when you were trying to get some shut eye and try to recover from the exhaustion of delivery <_< But of course you can say no and ask the nurse to give the baby formula instead if you don't plan to breastfeed exclusively la :P And of course in private hospitals, you can extract your breast milk during the day and have the nurses feed your baby with it at night so that you can catch some sleep. I saw some mothers even have their babies sleeping in their room with them for convenience as breastfeeding is too frequent, it's almost as good as taking care of the baby yourself!

lilyrosey,

I delivered my baby at UKM, everything are fine. For sure, will ask hubby to accompany along as support or extra help.

however, i have no good experience at UMMC.

lilyrosey,

I delivered my baby at UKM, everything are fine. For sure, will ask hubby to accompany along as support or extra help.

coffee , i'm giving birth at UKM also i think by this week , can our hubby accompany us and stay at the hospital overnight after we gif birth?

lilyrosey,

coffee , i'm giving birth at UKM also i think by this week , can our hubby accompany us and stay at the hospital overnight after we gif birth?

I know in UMMC. the husband cannot accompany the wife in the hospital overnight.

I delivered my baby at Selayang GH. My experience was okay. The nurses were surprisingly patient and caring (quite the opposite to what I used to hear about gov hospital nurses). On the contrary, I found some doctors were a bit arrogant and did not care about the patients. They just did their regular checking and puff!... gone... did not even bother to talk to the patient.

lilyrosey,

lovelypiggy,

hubby can accompany during delivery... overnight, i think cannot. my time was hubby is tired too, so i ask him to go back, not very sure can or cannot stay overnight.

the nurses there were patient..hope now still the same.

But nowadays even in private hospitals we need to feed the baby ourselves too BECAUSE WE BREASTFEED! :( Every 2 or sometimes as short as 1 hour the nurse would send the baby to you for feeding, just when you were trying to get some shut eye and try to recover from the exhaustion of delivery <_< But of course you can say no and ask the nurse to give the baby formula instead if you don't plan to breastfeed exclusively la :P And of course in private hospitals, you can extract your breast milk during the day and have the nurses feed your baby with it at night so that you can catch some sleep. I saw some mothers even have their babies sleeping in their room with them for convenience as breastfeeding is too frequent, it's almost as good as taking care of the baby yourself!

yup, you are right! i had my baby room in with me throughout my stay :D but i dont mind! cant take my eyes off her :lol:

i have deliver my baby at UKM and i hae\ve a nightmare at thr, when i gif birth thr was no 1 free to come to help me give birth. After that thr was a pelatih doctor come and help me and when the baby is out ,the doctor help me sew my bottom and she sew 3 time. OMG i reli wan to cry now coz she sew until so losse now my down thr is separate and is not stick together, it just pass 1 week only. i reli cry out,few more day i need to go private hospital and check my bottom duno need to sew it back or not. And the nurse thr all also pelatih i'm juz like a doll at the ward. When i gif birth at thr i cant even can rest u need to look after the bb our self and when u need milk u need to go to the counter to take from the nurse. when in the morning we need to push the bb to the nurse to help the bb bath . reli cant rest at all. this is my first pregnancy and i promise i wont go back to the ukm anymore.

oh lovely piggy, so sorry to hear that u have a bad experience. this is what i worry thats why i never think of going to govn hospital because i heard from fren that she have bad stitch on the bottom and end up she have to go private to do it again. i think u better go fast to prevent any infection.

but most of them ask to do check up on both gov and private but i dunno where should i go for the gov check up. is it to klinik kesihatan or straight to hospital?

oh lovely piggy, so sorry to hear that u have a bad experience. this is what i worry thats why i never think of going to govn hospital because i heard from fren that she have bad stitch on the bottom and end up she have to go private to do it again. i think u better go fast to prevent any infection.

but most of them ask to do check up on both gov and private but i dunno where should i go for the gov check up. is it to klinik kesihatan or straight to hospital?

Dear all,

For those who are going to deliver, make sure the doctor do the final check. What I mean was the placenta must be out and it must be done properly. There are some cases where the doctor didn't check properly..and later after a week you get infection and need to spend more money to do D & C.

lovelypiggy,

sorry to hear bout your experience, really scary. did anyone accompany you during delivery?

i have deliver my baby at UKM and i hae\ve a nightmare at thr, when i gif birth thr was no 1 free to come to help me give birth. After that thr was a pelatih doctor come and help me and when the baby is out ,the doctor help me sew my bottom and she sew 3 time. OMG i reli wan to cry now coz she sew until so losse now my down thr is separate and is not stick together, it just pass 1 week only. i reli cry out,few more day i need to go private hospital and check my bottom duno need to sew it back or not. And the nurse thr all also pelatih i'm juz like a doll at the ward. When i gif birth at thr i cant even can rest u need to look after the bb our self and when u need milk u need to go to the counter to take from the nurse. when in the morning we need to push the bb to the nurse to help the bb bath . reli cant rest at all. this is my first pregnancy and i promise i wont go back to the ukm anymore.

lovelypiggy,

i am so sorry to hear about your horriuble experience :( . i agree with shereen, better go & have a ckeckup at private hospital asap just to make sure everything is ok. ~hugs~

when i delivery my hubby was accompany me inside. i will go for the private hospital for check up today. reli is horrible i remember that when i want to gif birth that time the bidan come in ask me push. then i push this is my first time pregnancy how i know how to push . the bidan staright away scold me "u duno how to push then dun gif birth" then she staright away go out the ward. walao me and my hubby get shock and blur jor = =" . This is so scary

Its it really that bad??? my friend just delivered her baby last week at hospital Putrajaya. So far her comment to the hospital was good.

For UKM I also have friend who delivered there b4 & the services was ok. Is there any misunderstanding happened? But if that really happen i think you can made complaint over the counter as they are not allow to act that way.

lovelypiggy,

wow, this is really horrible... anyway, hubby have been against the idea of going to government hospital ever since am preggie. the reason given by hubby is not bcoz of the unprofessional doctor/ nurse. but it's bcoz hubby is scare of baby switch at birth. read too many story about it in the newspaper.

in fact, my bro in law is almost switch during birth as well. luckily he got a mole on his face for his parent to identify him.

My hubby actually also do not allow me to go to the govement hospital. But bcoz of my MIL keep on complaint that private hospital is too expensive then ask us go to UKM, she say that the UKM how good this good and that good. We also no need her to pay the bill but she also keep on complaint until we canot tahan only we change to the UKM. I duno why i have a strange feeling that afer i gif birth then i go home my MIL tok to me i like dun reli wan to choi her i feel like very 'fan gan' at her. She even ask me when i gif birth y u gif birth is baby boy a i thought u say is baby girl why like that de a, How i wan to answer her. When i can go home that time she juz carry the baby and juz go away dun even wait for me and my hubby juz bring the grandson duno go whr. Then got 1 day she help my bb bath i know she got put some dettol inside the water , u all know ma she use the water that have added dettol to wash the bb mouth and lidah, when i saw it i reli faint = ="