Pop,

If you are not fully satisfied with the quality of the workmanship, get them to re-do it or fix it. I got them re-do my mum pendant as I found out that the back panel wasn't alligned properly. As for the shine of the stone, I always advice others to view/compare the stone under normal white light instead of those yellow spotlight. Also if the setting blocks/reduces the amount of light getting thru the stone, it will again affect the shine/brilliant - thus those wrap around kinda of setting is a big no no to me. One must understand that the stone will only shines/reflects light provided you are in a bright place. No light = No brilliant.

if i found out the setting of my diamond ring is not perfect (it has got 4 claws but somehow 2 out of it looks not so perfect), in within how long we can send back the diamond ring?thanks!

Pop,

If you are not fully satisfied with the quality of the workmanship, get them to re-do it or fix it. I got them re-do my mum pendant as I found out that the back panel wasn't alligned properly. As for the shine of the stone, I always advice others to view/compare the stone under normal white light instead of those yellow spotlight. Also if the setting blocks/reduces the amount of light getting thru the stone, it will again affect the shine/brilliant - thus those wrap around kinda of setting is a big no no to me. One must understand that the stone will only shines/reflects light provided you are in a bright place. No light = No brilliant.

if i found out the setting of my diamond ring is not perfect (it has got 4 claws but somehow 2 out of it looks not so perfect), in within how long we can send back the diamond ring?thanks!

On the spot if it's just adjusting the claws. 1 week to 10 days if requires to re-do a new setting.

Pop,

On the spot if it's just adjusting the claws. 1 week to 10 days if requires to re-do a new setting.

but but but...is taken by my FH, till now he proposed to me only i get to see it wor..is already been 6 months dy...do you think we can still go back to Degem?

Pop,

but but but...is taken by my FH, till now he proposed to me only i get to see it wor..is already been 6 months dy...do you think we can still go back to Degem?

If just adjusting the craw, should be able to get it done for free la.

Hi there,

Need ur advice here.. would u consider diamond in H color? Is there a clear difference between F and H? i cant choose D as my priority would be the size :P but with limited budget. So i have to compromise on color and clarity. Dun worry on the cutting as the cutting is Excelent. Would it be ok? Thanks

Is the below a good buy? These are the prices including white gold setting I got from Brilliant Rose's sale. They are standard GIA diamonds and not their signature Brilliant Rose. Brilliant Rose is too expensive for me. They can have everything ready in 2 days. How long does it usually take for other places to prepare a loose diamond and setting ? Appreciate some advices..

0.36 D VS2 RM3300

0.50 F VS2 RM5800

egan,

If the diamond has triple excellents with almost perfect cut (the higher end of the 3X instead of the marginal on), then the brilliant/fire of the diamond will cover up the slight yellowish of the H diamond.

gentlemen,

How about the cut, symmertry, proportion, fluorescence of the diamonds? A D colour stone with strong blue fluorescence will cost far cheaper than one w/o fluorescence at all as fluorescence is very bad for colourless stone ( D-F). Also a well cut stone of the same colour & clarity will alo cost more than a lousy cut stone.

gentlemen,

How about the cut, symmertry, proportion, fluorescence of the diamonds? A D colour stone with strong blue fluorescence will cost far cheaper than one w/o fluorescence at all as fluorescence is very bad for colourless stone ( D-F). Also a well cut stone of the same colour & clarity will alo cost more than a lousy cut stone.

I was told they are both triple X solitaire. I don't remember hearing anything on flurescence or seeing it in the tag, as well as other information you highlighted. They did show me the diamond through the magnifying glass. Well, I can't tell the difference other than the color and a brilliant rose diamond. What are the reasonable symmetry and proportion and fluorescence? Where can I see all this information, its not in the tag anyway? I'm a novice in diamonds.... and I'm reading as much as I could from this wonderful blog. :)

Since the colour is D & F, make sure the cert show Fluorescence : None. Since both are triple X, then the proportion, symrtry and cut must be excellent lor.

I assume the price is including of standard 4 o 6 prongs setting. The price quoted for F VS2 stone is quite good but the D VS2 is slight to the high side.

Not a direct comparison but...

1) I just bought two 0.3 E VVS1 3EX (can't remember about the fluoresence) hearts and arrows GIA cert' for RM5,550 ie. RM2,775 each.

2) I'm looking at two 0.5 E VVS2 3EX w/o fluoresence hearts and arrows GIA cert' for RM14,600 ie. RM7,300 each.

I notice that the differential between D & E colour is not much given everything else is the same BUT there is a bigger difference between a VVS2 and VS1.

I'm wondering if the 0.5 E VVS2 3EX w/o fluoresence is reasonably priced. Any comments???

Is the below a good buy? These are the prices including white gold setting I got from Brilliant Rose's sale. They are standard GIA diamonds and not their signature Brilliant Rose. Brilliant Rose is too expensive for me. They can have everything ready in 2 days. How long does it usually take for other places to prepare a loose diamond and setting ? Appreciate some advices..

0.36 D VS2 RM3300

0.50 F VS2 RM5800

Since the colour is D & F, make sure the cert show Fluorescence : None. Since both are triple X, then the proportion, symrtry and cut must be excellent lor.

I assume the price is including of standard 4 o 6 prongs setting. The price quoted for F VS2 stone is quite good but the D VS2 is slight to the high side.

My bad. I mixed up the information with Brilliant Rose diamond. Both the stones are just VG,VG,VG. That explains the price. I went to Degem Bangsar and sat there for 1.5 hours. Finally I get a smaller lazare diamond instead, 0.34 G VS2 at rm4060 with white gold 4 prongs setting. They can't give me an additional single cent discount, claimed its the best price they can give. So mean. Just kidding. About the same price I can get a 0.46 GIA H VS1. From my point of view, 0.34 is more practical for casual wear since she got a small little hand rather than keeping it in the drawer most of the times. If she is willing to sacrifice the spark for the size, I still have 1 month to exchange at the same purchased value, or upgrade at a later stage.

One thing I did find out is the price bracket for different carat sizes. For example, 0.40-0.49ct falls into the same price bracket. Once the size is 0.50ct, the price jump is quite significant. The same applies for 0.30-0.39ct. So if I'm looking for a 0.40ct diamond, I will ask for the biggest 0.40ct diamond available because the price difference is not much assuming its the same spec. However, that doesn't mean the biggest stone available in the range will have the better cut, clarity or color. So we still need to do the math on what to sacrifice vs price.

I'm happy with my purchase and thanks to bunnynwife for your advices.

I finally managed to find my diamond ring with the help of Micheal from DeGem Bangsar - he is very helpful indeed. Now onto my marriage proposal!

Carat: 0.30

Colour: I (not noticeable, to my eyes at least, even under white light - he even allowed me to take it out of the shop)

Clarity: VS1

Cut: Lazare Ideal

Setting: WG

Price: RM3430

One thing I found out when purchasing was that Lazare diamonds have Ideal Cut, but not necessarily Ideal Polish and Symmetry. The above diamond I purchased has a Ex-VG Polish and Symmetry. In fact, I was told that the newer certs won't even indicate the quality of the Polish and Symmetry.

Saw a stone in SK, may i know it is worth? I'm in low budget.

Cert : GIA

Carat: 0.34

Colour: G

Clarity: forgot is Si1 or Si2

Cut: Very Good

Symmetry : Very Good

Polishing : Good

Fluorescence : None

Price: RM1500 + RM500 (setting)

Thanks.

hi All diamond sifu... :smile:

I've been reading and gather info from this forum... I've visited few jeweller like D&P, Goldheart, TOMEI, SK and so far... I found Wah Chan gave the best price with bigger stone... I wonder why there's so much different comparing Wah Chan and the rest... example on SK, they keep promoting that they have the best diamond cut from Belgium... a .31ct G VS2 was quoted RM4200 (setting on a 18K WG)...

Is it worth to pay more $$ for those cutting? Isn't that if i get a diamond with 3X, it is as good as any branded diamond by those jeweller and even they are cut in Belgium?

This is what i got from Wah Chan, is this a good deal?

RM3100++ (stone only)

GIA cert

Carat : 0.40

Cut : 3X

Colour : F

Clarity : VS2

Non-fluorescent

Any comment are welcome... thanks in advance.. :happy:

Add,

Quite a good price for RM3.1k.

3X does not mean it will have equivalent quality of those international established branded diamonds. Those branded diamond usually have a set of criteria & parameter in cutting the stone based on their research of which usually are tighter/stricter than the GIA criteria of 3X.

bunnyNwife, thanks for the info...

Do you really see the differences between those branded and none branded diamond?

Too bad i can't take the diamond to other jeweler and compare them.. :biggrin: from looking at so many diamond from different jeweler, I can't really see the differences... unless those jeweler shows me a cert and none-cert diamond... guess i need to visit more jeweler to train my eye... :smile:

Do you really see the differences between those branded and none branded diamond?

Too bad i can't take the diamond to other jeweler and compare them.. :biggrin: from looking at so many diamond from different jeweler, I can't really see the differences... unless those jeweler shows me a cert and none-cert diamond... guess i need to visit more jeweler to train my eye... :smile:

Branding is very subjective. E.g. Bonia is a brand while LV is also a brand. Would you expect Bonia to be as good as or indifferent from LV? No right.

I can say that Tiffany, Lazare, Heart on Fire all are very good diamonds. Their stones really bling bling w/o any doubt. That don't means that GIA 3X diamond is not as good. Some 3X are as good as those branded one when its statistic is closer to the top of the parameter band instead of borderline case. You see, you gonna pay big premium for those international branded stone for the additional bling bling effect, you gonna justify to yourself whether it worth your money or not. Very subjective.

You should look at the diamond under normal white light in order to tell the real brilliance of the stone instead of being fooled by the spotlight reflection (strong enough to make a crystal blings like diamond).

Branding is very subjective. E.g. Bonia is a brand while LV is also a brand. Would you expect Bonia to be as good as or indifferent from LV? No right.

I can say that Tiffany, Lazare, Heart on Fire all are very good diamonds. Their stones really bling bling w/o any doubt. That don't means that GIA 3X diamond is not as good. Some 3X are as good as those branded one when its statistic is closer to the top of the parameter band instead of borderline case. You see, you gonna pay big premium for those international branded stone for the additional bling bling effect, you gonna justify to yourself whether it worth your money or not. Very subjective.

You should look at the diamond under normal white light in order to tell the real brilliance of the stone instead of being fooled by the spotlight reflection (strong enough to make a crystal blings like diamond).

Thanks again for the info… this explanation does help improve my knowledge towards diamond… hopefully after I purchase my 1st diamond, I get to compare them when I visit those jewelers next time… :lol:

we check out Brilliant Rose diamond by Soo Kee jewelry, excellent sparkles from the cuts, it is 68 cuts compare to normal diamond (gia, estrella, etc) with standard 55-58 cuts. The SA show me a 0.5 carat, I try on it and compare with my 0.71 GIA, Brilliant Rose' 0.5 look as almost as big as my 0.71 :S :)

This is due to their special design on the casing to accommodate the special 68 cuts diamond. Worth to check out BR if you are looking for premium rock.

I finally managed to find my diamond ring with the help of Micheal from DeGem Bangsar - he is very helpful indeed. Now onto my marriage proposal!

Colour: I (not noticeable, to my eyes at least, even under white light - he even allowed me to take it out of the shop)

One thing I found out when purchasing was that Lazare diamonds have Ideal Cut, but not necessarily Ideal Polish and Symmetry. The above diamond I purchased has a Ex-VG Polish and Symmetry. In fact, I was told that the newer certs won't even indicate the quality of the Polish and Symmetry.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and also have just got a proposal ring from DeGem 1 Utama :biggrin:

Colour: F

Clarity: VS2

Price: RM5700

I guess the price I paid was pretty steep.... any idea how much it should cost? Or was the price I paid for around that region? Either way, I'm happy with it, as I'm pretty sure my FW will love it :smile:

Dear all,

I've finalised these 2 diamonds at JB with following spec:

0.38 ct, E color, VS1, XXX cut, GIA cert: RM5200.

0.30 ct, G color, VS1, XXX cut, GIA cert: Rm4000

Are those 2 value to buy? or both are overpriced? They are come from different shop. Seeking your advice. Thx.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and also have just got a proposal ring from DeGem 1 Utama :biggrin:

Colour: F

Clarity: VS2

Price: RM5700

I guess the price I paid was pretty steep.... any idea how much it should cost? Or was the price I paid for around that region? Either way, I'm happy with it, as I'm pretty sure my FW will love it :smile:

Hi Newbie hubby,

is that v can identify whether is a lazare ideal cut or normal cut? I've not compare those and just wondering :wacko3:

If not, then yr ring is a bit costly. :cool:

I've been Degem (JB) and found 1 diamond (0.31 ct, E color, VS2, xxx cut and GIA cert) cost RM 3200).

Anyway, the feeling and 1st sight of yr diamond is vital and very subjective.

G.I. Joe

Degem does not have a boutique in JB. All their Malaysia boutiques are in KL/PJ area and they also have boutique in Spore and Jakarta.

The one in JB is a fake one.

Below is the logo of Degem

splash-degem-trans.png

Dear all,

I saw a pendant in D&P, the setting is platimum, simple and nice.

Here is the details:

0.3c

xxx

E colour

Estrella

cost: RM3500

My concern is D&P only grade the diamond with IGI and I read somewhere their grading is more lenient compare to GIA & AGS. Wonder it is worth to pay the premium for an Estrella diamond. :cool:

Thanking in advance for all comments and replies.

Cheers

Hi Newbie hubby,

is that v can identify whether is a lazare ideal cut or normal cut? I've not compare those and just wondering :wacko3:

If not, then yr ring is a bit costly. :cool:

I've been Degem (JB) and found 1 diamond (0.31 ct, E color, VS2, xxx cut and GIA cert) cost RM 3200).

Anyway, the feeling and 1st sight of yr diamond is vital and very subjective.

The only identification method I know is through the certificate it comes with.... using the naked eye, I guess it sparkles more, but if you don't put it side by side with another ring, I don't think you can tell the difference :tongue:

But like you say, the feeling and 1st sight of the ring is subjective, and to me, it was really nice and sparkly, enough to make me purchase it :tongue: