britmalay

Kuching girl desperate for wedding advice!

Hello ladies,

I've been trolling the blogs for several months and am currently deep in the throes of wedding planning. Here is what I've managed to secure so far for the wedding date in September 2008:

1) Ceremony to be held at St. Peter's

2) Reception dinner at Merdeka Palace -- any thoughts on this? How's their service for the day of?

3) Flowers and decor by Pretty Petals

4) Cake by Aunty Olive's Cakes --- mmm delicious! :P

5) Day of photography by Alvin Leong - banyak mahal leh.....!

6) Makeup and hair by Alvin's sister, Carol - any thoughts on her?

7) Beer and wine from Armada Wine and Liquor - really nice guy who owns the place :D .

Here's what I can't seem to be able to find online and really need help with :o :

1) I need a wedding band to play at the reception. A band that can do a mix of jazz like Sinatra and pop like Rihanna's Umbrella. Does anyone have a lead on a good band? I found "Groove Company" online, but not sure if they do weddings. Help help help!

2) MC to help with the wedding.

Any any gracious assistance would be appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you.

hi britmalay...

i'm not from kuching but fh is, our kuching dinner is at riverside crown plaza, n our church is also at st peters.. same hehehe.. have u done the wedding course? i'm doin the wedding course overseas.. have u booked at melaka palace?

how much is caro for mua? and the beer n wine ? i probably have to buy barrel of beer and some wine too.. hehee.. donn who to get for mua, was thinking of those cosmetic counter girls..

i have an mc contact : valentine 019 8882898 from my hotel person... donno how good he is thou... mayb can ask him about bands..

good luck

jojo

Hi britmalay:

I am going to have my wedding on Jan 09 at Kuching too. I am thinking to ask alvin as my actual day photograher too. How much does he charge you? as well as the MUA. Can you PM me the number of flower shop and cake shop that u have booked? Still doing survey on hand bounquet and cakes :P

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I was just looking through the forums and came across your post. I have just started looking into having a wedding in Kuching in december o8 (I know - not much time..) and was wondering since you have already done so much research whether or not you could please forward me some websites which you found helpful. How did you decide on the Merdeka Palace? And I have looked at Alvin leong's website - he is good, does he charge a lot? Anyway, I would appreciate ANY help at all! I am a bit overwhelmed with all the planning that's involved!

Hello ladies,

I've been trolling the blogs for several months and am currently deep in the throes of wedding planning. Here is what I've managed to secure so far for the wedding date in September 2008:

2) Reception dinner at Merdeka Palace -- any thoughts on this? How's their service for the day of?

7) Beer and wine from Armada Wine and Liquor - really nice guy who owns the place :D .

Here's what I can't seem to be able to find online and really need help with :o :

1) I need a wedding band to play at the reception. A band that can do a mix of jazz like Sinatra and pop like Rihanna's Umbrella. Does anyone have a lead on a good band? I found "Groove Company" online, but not sure if they do weddings. Help help help!

Any any gracious assistance would be appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you.

ange,

is still not too late to plan your wedding. mmm .. are you local or outstation?

alvin's price start frm RM3.5k and above but you still can negotiate with them. Alvin is a nice guy you just tell him what you want and your budget see how he can help you.

what kind of website you nid? if you can tell us then that will be easy for us to give you the link :)

Hi BG:

Wow, alvin charge 3.5k for actual day photography? Or is this price include pre-wedding photography package oso? If only actual day photography, then is very very expensive lor cos KL here only charge RM1000 which incude many things. Really out of my budget :( Have to find other photograher, any recomendation?

Have you confirm your florist? Can PM me the name and contact number of that shop?

Thanx.

Hi BG,

thanks for replying. I am finding it hard to plan because I am living in the UK at the moment. I am Malaysian from KL but lived in Australia before moving to the UK. We want a small beach ceremony in Kuching because we really like it there, but also need to organize accommodation for family who are coming from Australia in KL and Kuching. It sounds so difficult that we are considering eloping! I was wondering if anyone has had a beach ceremony in Kuching and where they would recommend.

Thanks!

ange,

alvin's price start frm RM3.5k and above but you still can negotiate with them. Alvin is a nice guy you just tell him what you want and your budget see how he can help you.

what kind of website you nid? if you can tell us then that will be easy for us to give you the link :)

adkate,

That is only for AD photography, actually their pre-wedding photography also similar price .. <_< weird right? mmm .. is like that lor

ya .. I know if in KL can get RM1000 or less than RM2000 for AD photography .. mmm .. another one is Michael RM1599 for AD photography or .. maybe you can try my colleague lo :P but I don't know how much he charge oh.

Florist ya .. I will use Claire Florist in town .. ahhh contact number I left it in office, I will PM you tomorrow morning :)

ange,

ic ic .. mmm .. if you like damai beach, you can contact them and see what they do for you, you can put your guests stay at damai beach resort, so that will be easy for your arrangement. :) ahh .. another good place is village house at Santubong, I have not been there .. I might going there once of these weekends la :) from the postal, it looks like a very nice place.

Hi BG,

thanks for replying. I am finding it hard to plan because I am living in the UK at the moment. I am Malaysian from KL but lived in Australia before moving to the UK. We want a small beach ceremony in Kuching because we really like it there, but also need to organize accommodation for family who are coming from Australia in KL and Kuching. It sounds so difficult that we are considering eloping! I was wondering if anyone has had a beach ceremony in Kuching and where they would recommend.

Thanks!

ange,

hi, ange...

if u like, u can try chck wif Damai Puri as well. it's newly renovated & i heard ppl said it's a nice place...

Hello ladies,

hi, britmalay

for the band tht can do a mix of both jazz & pop, i'm not sure about tht. but i do heard about the jazz band. if u want. i can try to help u ask for the contact details.

Thanks! I will check it out.

Hi BG,

Thanks!

ange,

hi, ange...

if u like, u can try chck wif Damai Puri as well. it's newly renovated & i heard ppl said it's a nice place...

Thanks! I will check it out.

Hi BG,

Thanks!

ange,

hi, ange...

Hi,

I'm from Kuching but now in UK too. It is difficult to plan from overseas.

I'm thinking of Alvin as well, mainly because he deals online, unlike other Kuching photographers.

I just wrote to him, and he can actually tailor the budget to the things we want.

Here I quote the prices:

Our Studio package starts from RM 2200.00 and our Pre Wedding Outdoor package starts from RM 3500.00 These are only applicable for shots that were done in Kuching only. Our Wedding Photojournalistic Shot starts from RM 2800.00

Again, it depends on whether you want how many albums, whether you want any parents albums, whehter you buy your own gowns etc etc.

Why don't you write to him, and get a personal quote?

I'm looking at around 7k for both pre wedding shots and AD shots.

Will post again once i get the full quotation.

DeeCat

Thanks for all the info. I will write to him and get a quote then.

Ange

Hi,

I'm thinking of Alvin as well, mainly because he deals online, unlike other Kuching photographers.

I just wrote to him, and he can actually tailor the budget to the things we want.

Here I quote the prices:

Our Studio package starts from RM 2200.00 and our Pre Wedding Outdoor package starts from RM 3500.00 These are only applicable for shots that were done in Kuching only. Our Wedding Photojournalistic Shot starts from RM 2800.00

Again, it depends on whether you want how many albums, whether you want any parents albums, whehter you buy your own gowns etc etc.

DeeCat

you can always let Alvin knows your budget, he is actually quite accommodative .. discuss with him, you may get something from him :)

Hi,

Here I quote the prices:

DeeCat

there are plenty of good actual day photographers in kuching. my friend is one of them. you pay much lesser but you get high quality professional photos. i am happy he took mine. :)

you can try him, no harm. shenspeaks.com. just say is amanda. he'll give you good price.

good luck gals.

there are plenty of good actual day photographers in kuching. my friend is one of them. you pay much lesser but you get high quality professional photos. i am happy he took mine. :)

you can try him, no harm. shenspeaks.com. just say is amanda. he'll give you good price.

good luck gals.

Hi Amanda,

what is your friend's phone number?

Maybe i can call him up...

hi crystalcrismoon

i dont have his number now. have to ask from my husband. but you can browse his web site at shenspeaks.com, there's his email address. he's a kind and fun person. i am sure you like him!

good luck.

good luck gals.

Hi Amanda,

I viewed his blog and also multiply .. not much photos to see .. wonder how good he is for PS and AD shooting.

hi crystalcrismoon

i dont have his number now. have to ask from my husband. but you can browse his web site at shenspeaks.com, there's his email address. he's a kind and fun person. i am sure you like him!

good luck.

good luck gals.

Hi Amanda,

hi beautifulgown

i totally understand where you come from. that used to be my concern too before i let my husband assigned him as our AD photographer. but as i said earlier, he only worked freelance for BS so he had to give the copyright away to the BS. (as far as i remember, one the of BS he worked for was one of the names people always like to mention in this thread) therefore it is understandable he can't post any photo in the internet at all. i think that's against the professionalism in photography world. :)

however, if you want to see his work, you have to call him out and let him show you the photos of AD he has taken in the past from his computer on the spot. this is what he normally does when there are enquiries. then you negotiate later. or you can email him to ask him to email you some sample work also, i think.

if you want me to inform him to call you, please let me know. i am happy to be the 'middle woman'. just a bit busy body.

other than AD photos, i think i can also help you a bit in other things as a person 'who experienced' wedding before. (hehe... sound like i am very good) i can tell you for me it was very tiring and stressful but really fun and memorable. if give me to go back time and to do it again, i will be very happy. so please enjoy every moment while you prepare for you big day. you will love it.

amanda

I viewed his blog and also multiply .. not much photos to see .. wonder how good he is for PS and AD shooting.

i

Hihi:

Have gone through the website, no sample photos on AD.

Just my opinion, since amanda gives him a good recomendation here, why not amanda share with all of us a few her AD photos for us to view the PG's professionalism and photos quality? Besides, how much does he charge for your AD (for our reference as well) since you said is cheaper than other Kuching PG?

wow. what a task for me. :)

i am with my husband in taipei but home is perth so i do not have soft copy at the moment. i try my best okie.

i have no idea how much is his charges as my husband paid for it. i just enjoyed the session. :)

ya ho, adkate is right :) amanda .. maybe you can share your photos with us? is that possible??