xiaoxiao

xiaoxiao ROM @ JPN, Putrajaya

if register with JPN then have to pay for some sort of licence... don't remember how much already i think it's around RM 100. alternatively, your friend can go back to UK to register the marriage there. after register then just inform the malaysia embassy lor... :P

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....never thot abt malaysia embassy... hehehe... thanks for update and reply!

Dear guys,

I'm new here & would actually like to know about the procedures for marrying a foreigner in M'sia, anyone can help? My fiance is from USA & I'm currently in Penang. Tks a lot !! :lol:

Thanks, Hippo for your information!!!

MOst likely my bf and me will need to change our IC address already if we want to register in Putrajaya..

But then, if we want to register in 'Tian Hou Kong' do we still need to change our IC address??

Thanks ya once again...

Selene,

I've checked with JPN. I'm from East Malaysia and bf from PJ. So in order to rom in putrajaya, i need to change my ic first. Same goes to both of you.. :)

Hello, anyone can advice if I would like to have my ROM outstation, i.e. pay for the Commissioner of Oath/Registrar to go somewhere else with me for the ROM?

I will rush to JPN to submit the form, but I need a registrat to be present on my ROM day, isn't it? Anyone has such experience? Please advice/help...

Hello, anyone can advice if I would like to have my ROM outstation, i.e. pay for the Commissioner of Oath/Registrar to go somewhere else with me for the ROM?

I will rush to JPN to submit the form, but I need a registrat to be present on my ROM day, isn't it? Anyone has such experience? Please advice/help...

you can have the registra to do the ROM out of the JPN office. but you got to pay for it. i did read about this b4 but i forgot how much is it liau... :P

mhyap1, then do you happen to know anyone who does that? I mean u know any registra who can help couple to do ROM outside JPN offices??

Thanks ya!!

Regards,

Selene

you can have the registra to do the ROM out of the JPN office. but you got to pay for it. i did read about this b4 but i forgot how much is it liau... :P

mhyap1, then do you happen to know anyone who does that? I mean u know any registra who can help couple to do ROM outside JPN offices??

Thanks ya!!

Regards,

Selene

hi selene.. u can go to jpn in maju junction and shah alam.. they will do it for you there.. the charge is RM500.. jpn putrajaya does not do this..

Thanks ya!!

Regards,

Selene

hi selene.. u can go to jpn in maju junction and shah alam.. they will do it for you there.. the charge is RM500.. jpn putrajaya does not do this..

Hi sseahorsee, is it?? Can I have the number so that I can call them?

By the way, the Registra will be speaking in what language? Can they be in English? Coz my bf donno mandarin and i think our parents cannot really understand Malay kua...

And do you engage them to do for you?? RM500 is the cheapest ar?? ehehhe.. maybe we can ask a few frens from this forum and go apply together.. hehehe, maybe can ask for some discount mah... what do you think?? hehhehe... coz I also happened to know someone from this forum who also needs this service.. :)

Thanks ya!!!

Regards,

Selene

Mimica: Welcome to my world. My FH is French and we were just discussing the paperwork that we needed to do. I checked out JPN here in PJ and they told me this: if your partner is non-Malaysian, you need to bring your passport (and copy), plus 1 photo and a Single Status letter which s/he has to obtain from the embassy here in KL.

To get the Single Status letter, me and my FH have to prepare the documents (birth certificate, proof of residence and ID), get the translated into French and then arrange for an appointment. After that, I'll registered the marriage at JPN in PJ (this is left to be seen - was told that I should register at a location according to my address).

After registration of marriage, I have to go the French Embassy with my marriage cert (the original must be notarised by Wisma Putra in Putrajaya by the Consul division) and a translated copy plus a list of witnesses and another document to register under French civil law.

You'll probably have to do the same BUT best to check with American Embassy here - I'm sure they have a website you can go to. :)

Hey everyone,

m very very "kan cheong" now, cos gonna hav my ROM on this fri at Putrajaya. I stil don't have all the things yet, except my dress. Is it ok if i don't have a hand bouquet? How's the flow of the whole ROM on actual day? I heard frens saying that i need a ring pillow, a hand bouquet, a cake..................... OMG i don't hav time to get all these things.

Pls help....................

ROM at putrajaya....

reach there early to take the nombor giliran. then just wait for your number to be call. when it's your turn, you'll be ask to go into the ROM room wil your witness and guest as well. in there, you'll have the oaths reading and sign session. after that you can take photos there and viola it's done... :)

no bouquet also nevermind lor... in fact my sis ROM without a ring too... :P

Thanks!!

Cos me sort of blur out now. SInce hand bouquet is not necessary than will forget bout it, lucky i stil have my ring with me. Any do n don'ts during the ceremony?

just remember that ROM is a legal ceremony. If you have all the nice flowers with you and a fantastic gown, then great. Else, it still won't take away the charm of reaching a major milestone of your life...Remember to enjoy it!! rather than worrying whether i have this or tat,

Hi Reen, after your ROM in Putrajaya, share your experience with us ya...

Btw, let us know also what language the Registra uses during the ceremony??? Thanks...

And, most of all, congrats to you on your big day!!!!! :D

Regards, Selene

Hey everyone,

m very very "kan cheong" now, cos gonna hav my ROM on this fri at Putrajaya. I stil don't have all the things yet, except my dress. Is it ok if i don't have a hand bouquet? How's the flow of the whole ROM on actual day? I heard frens saying that i need a ring pillow, a hand bouquet, a cake..................... OMG i don't hav time to get all these things.

Pls help....................

they'll do it in malay language too if you request for it...:P

and i don't think they'll do it in other language/ dialects liau coz most of the officer can only communicate in malay and english nia ma... :)

Thanks everyone!!!

Heheh, I of course hope it is in English... coz if Malay sound a bit weird.. and my bf donno Mandarin..

but my parents not really good in english and malay worr.. hehehe. abit headache on the type of language need to be used... but i think English shud be the easiest to settle the problem.. hehehe...

Thanks again!! :lol:

Selene

they'll do it in malay language too if you request for it... :P

and i don't think they'll do it in other language/ dialects liau coz most of the officer can only communicate in malay and english nia ma... :)

If I wan to choose ROM date on 15/oct.. can I submit the form on 4 May 07 cos that day me and fiance will take leave ...... izzit too early to submit the form ?

i think JPN do accept the ROM application 6 months ahead... but it's better you double check with JPN. just in case if they have change of policy...

Is JPN at Putrajaya or tien hou gong open on Sunday and Saturday for ROM? Need go wedding counseling before ROM?

JPN at Putrajaya is a government body, so not open on Sat and Sunday. Whereas Tein Hou Gong is private, they open on Sat, not sure about Sunday. No need wedding counselling, i mean i know for chinese, not sure about other races.

Tien Hou Gong do ROm from mon - sat. but saturday is half day nia lor... usually ROM no need to attend wedding counselling unless your religion required too.

Hi Girls ,

Some bit of info would like to share with all of you :)

I've just submitted my form yesterday at Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN). Indeed the procedures was pretty easy without much hassle. I actually called up JPN for some detailed info b4 proceeding there.

For my case, as Im from Kedah, and hubby from KL. We r only eligible to register at Putrajaya if both of our IC are KL/Sel add. Therefore, I will need to change my IC add.

On that day (14-June-2007), I went to JPN IC department at 2nd floor to get my address change, if you are using for marriage registration purposes, please let the person know and asked them to issue a Temporary IC for u. The reason I say this is, if u din let them know, they will ask u to keep ur old IC until they called up to collect your new IC for the next 10 days... I've also informed them to send my IC to the JPN branch near the place I stay for my convenience.

Remember, we cant use our old IC for registration as it's not KL address... .... After getting the Temp IC, proceed to 1st floor to fill up the form.

You only need to pay RM30 on the day of ROM ...

Office open for Submission of form:

Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM

Office open for day of ROM = 15 couples allowed for each day session

Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 7:30AM - 11:30AM

Hope this info helps!! :)