Sign in to follow this  
philipjohnlau

Petrol Station Mogok

Heard from one of my FH Frenx who open Petrol Station on the 26th June until ??? Entire m'sia Petrol Will Mogok Due on their salary no increase..Juz now, a lot of car..We oso pam it juz now when received the Sms from HB frenx...

heard from one of the petrol owner when we go to pam said until 30th June to her employee

Sigh .. rumous! rumous! stupid rumous!! It also happened to Kuching lah, last night I went back (time to feed my car) queue at the Shell station <_< I saw a lot of cars pump full tank <_< well, actually my car still have half tank :P but it is my habit to 'feed' my car once it is half tank.

there will be mogok in all petrol station soon.... this is a true thing.... not rumors... not much info can be given here but it is true...

Hi all,

Just to share my experience yesterday.Me and hubby went to pump our car yesterday after getting an info form our frens that the petrol stations in malaysia will go on strike for three days.the petrol station is only 10 minutes from home but guess wat, we can only pump after a very long queue of nearly three hours.started our journey at 4.30pm and got home at 7.30pm(journey back home was only less than 10 minutes).according to my dad who asked the station atendant if they were really going on strike, the guy said that all Shell station throughout M'sia will close on the 26th and 27th.this whole thing is really frustrating,i've never been in such a terrible jam before.

Anyway TheStar published an article sayin that it's all rumours. So I don't know which is for real and which isn't

PETALING JAYA: Petrol stations are not going to close in protest – that is the assurance given by the Petrol Dealers Association of Malaysia.

Association acting president Wahid Bidin said business would go on as usual although operators are complaining that higher credit card charges resulting from the increase in petrol pump prices had eaten into their profit margins.

"Somebody has been circulating the rumour via SMS. It did not come from us," he said.

Wahid said the association was currently discussing with Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Samad over issues concerning credit card charges.

Petrol stations had to pay credit card charges to banks amounting to 1% of every transaction.

This means with the increase in fuel prices, credit card charges for one litre of petrol was now 2.7 sen instead of 1.92 sen previously.

However, the profit margin for petrol station owners is based on a commission of each litre sold. That commission has not been increased despite the increase in petrol pump prices.

Esso Petroleum Dealers Association of Malaysia president Alang Zari Ishak also assured motorists that Esso petrol stations would not close in protest.

Alang Zari said closing stations was not an option because it would cause too much hardship.

"I hope dealers won't be emotional," he said.

Alang Zari said he met Shahrir a few days ago and the minister had agreed to allow petrol stations to close as early as 11pm if they did not have sales in the early hours of the morning

Source:TheStar

yeah~yesterday oso my petrol low liao..soo oso nd to pam cause my FH today drive to sarikei for business..

I owes pump while my car still have half tank, so if anything happened, my car still can bring me to work for at least a week without problem :P

And yesterday my car is half tank, so is time for me to pump .. mana tahu :blink: kena the rumous case.

yesterday on my way home, i noticed mostly that is at the petrol station is those commercial vehicle like lorry... anyway, the petrol station is still open today though there is some petrol kiosk that will only take cash payment for the fuel purchase.