xinyi_d

Hilton KL Sentral

been there b4 for a company dinner.. the ballroom is reli grand, superb, beautiful! the food is quite good. it can accomodate a lot of ppl. but usually they take reservation of 70 tables & above.

xinyi_d,

Yes, been to a few weddings there. WHen you plan to book them? I think they are already full for every weekend till April 07. Their ballroom is really huge and wonderful. What is your budget like and how many people?

Bride2be and Melissa,

Thx 4 the info but 70 tables?! wow!!!

Hv any idea if they have anything to accomodate 20 tables?

Don't thk i got so many friends to invite. haha!!

Most of them are in Singapore somemore. I tried to call Hilton Kl

but its very difficult to reach the wedding exec.

I shall keep on trying lor.

Mind to share where's ur dinner will be held?

i think maybe u can ask them for function rooms.. or i'm not sure if they hv a smaller ballroom next door (le meridian)

how much is ur budget?

mine is gonna b held in crowne plaza mutiara. the old KL hilton..

bride2be,

Oh! That is oso in my list. My bf like the place very much. Have you booked the space with them yet? Can share some info?

My budget is around 30k. You think its enough?

xinyi,

Me not marrying yet..so cant answer your question. :P

RM 30k for 20 tables.. Hmm.. I think it depends on what kind of food you are looking at.

Le Meridian's ballroom is kinda small. You can trying asking them if you can booked the ballroom with 20 tables. They might allow. WOuldnt suggest function room cause the ambience is somehow different from the ballroom, unless really no choice.

xinyi_d,

nope, me din book or hv any quote from them.

30k for 20 tables, maybe u can chk out Ritz Carlton? no quotes from them though but saw reli nice pics of the ballroom which caters up to 30 tables only.

I have a friend who used to work at ritz carlton. She said the food there not good but the ambience is reali good. I've trying to call both Hilton & Crowne Plaza Mutiara but to no avail. Looks like they busy. Wedding season i guess. ;)

xinyi_d,

when is your AD? if it's this year then it'll be damn difficult to get a venue.... if it's next year then u got to be hurry. as i know some hotel and restaurant is already fully book for up to Mar '07 now..

mh yap1,

Thks for the adv. Mine not so soon la. Hehe. Shud be end of 2007. Actual date not confirm yet. I heard bout the fully bkd thingy that's why start early lor.

I still can't decide yet. Date not confirm yet la. Was trying to check out Crowne Plaza Mutiara. Been to the place before and quite happy with their service lor.

fusionista,

As I know, they have 3 ranges of price. All from 1k and above. I think after tax and nett is 1.2k, 1.3k and 1.5k. Not sure if there's any changes.

My bf is working at KL Hilton but not in the banquet dept. but i can help u all to look for the price. :)

Frankly, the ballroom is really glam and they have different lights to suit the ambience for different events.

hi

I haven't been to a wedding in KL Hilton, but have stayed there, and had my breakfast and tea there before. The rooms are beautiful, very 'executive' kinda feeling. The breakfast was superb. As for tea, their cakes are quite alright, esp their Chocolate Mud Cake, so if u're gonna have western desserts, then u're safe. In fact, i think most Hilton hotels serve pretty good desserts. My father in law told me they performed some kung fu like moves while serving tea at their Chinese restaurant. He did comment the Chinese dishes are quite good la. Hahaha, i dunno if they do tt for weddings or not though....

I tried to peek into one of their ballrooms. It looked really grand to me. I remember the grand ballroom can fit over 100 tables.

Overall, the ambience there is good.

And side track abit. The rooms are, ahem, quite kinky.

Hi all BTBs,

I've my wedding banquet at KL Hilton last October (2005). That time, one table cost us RM1200 nett but for this year definitely the price has increased.

Their grand ballroom can be separated into 3 but if you are thinking of holding your wedding dinner on weekend, they require a minimum number of tables (70 tables) or you can top up your dinner menu if you have less tables.

The setting is very simple and elegant, thus, dont need extra decor. And their bridal suite is superb. The suite has 2 bathrooms (one for guests at the small living room area and another BIG one inside the bridal room - cosmes with small digital TV, shower area and bath tub. And the best thing is, there is a small garden outside the room where a jacuzzi is placed. Very romantic, over-looking the city skyline and dont worry, the area is very well secluded.

Seems like everyone likes KL Hilton's bridal suite! :)

beetle bum, did you realize that the shower area doors are actually the wardrobe's doors? Was very cute..

Hi Melissa,

The bathroom and the dressing room in the bridal suite are actually separated. In normal rooms, yes, the shower and the wardrobe's door is actually same and from outside you thought is a huge mirror! Then when you slide the door...ta da...the bathroom.

But in the bridal suite, it has actually got a walk-in closet so the bathroom is on its own. Let me see whether I can find some pics to show u all.

Hi Guys, I am thinking (almost at the stage of making a deposit) to book KL Hilton for my reception in 2008. Really the choices for me were Shangrila, Mandarin Oriental and Hilton. The Shangrila is fully booked so I am deciding between MO and Hilton. Like others in this forum we are a little concerned about the food at Mandarin and I am hoping some of you may have either attended a wedding or even had your reception there. Help!!!

I have small pax so considered small shrimp business. Hilton was very snobby and rude to me.

well I did the booking via my wedding planner so I guess I have not had to deal with their rudeness! To tell you the truth although we are planning for august 2008, all the places we want are almost booked up so I guess cross my fingers and hope for the best!