Sign in to follow this  
menkki

probably the only guy here asking this... pls help

Hi everyone... thank you in advance with the help.

I actually live with my wife in Germany. I'm malaysian-chinese and she's chinese-chinese.

But anyway we don't have many relatives in Malaysia K.L, so I'm kinda stressing how to get a wedding dinner at a restaurant or restaurant section that holds only 10-12 (around 110 pax).

I've had an offer in IMBI PALACE, but there has been some "different" reviews about that, and i'm kinda having second thoughts. Moreover I was there in april 08, they say they could split the room in half, but I would get the section without the stage. (might look stupid)

I was hoping if anyone please could help me with their own expereinces on a smaller wedding dinner. In K.L. Would help immensely, because I am not in K.L myself, but some relatives are. So If I find ( if you guys can help me) something neat, they could go check it out.

Thank you so much in advance.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Though i may not be able to help you on this, i'm sure others will be sharing their ideas and venues here soon.

For your info, there are many restaurant related topics in this forum, feel free to click about to read more.

Cheers!

Menkki, my wedding dinner was around 12 tables (including 1 reserve) and I held mine in the small hall at Royal China in KL. What sort of experience are you looking for? Personally, HB and I are very happy with the service and food provided by Royal China, particularly myself since I did most of the planning and arrangements. If you like, you can contact me via PM and I can share with you on the details and stuff. :)

Dear menkki,

r u only want to choose having ur dinner at hotel? if not maybe u can try on damansara palace restaurant...they have few room which suitable for the small dinner and party...each room have their own stage and karaoke...I will haviny my AD dinner at there also...

u can have a look on the below add

http://www.dpalace.com.my/

myhap1, it's okay! Apa nak pai seh la? :P

Kelly, I think menkki stated that he's planning on holding it at a restaurant. ;) I think it's suicide to have a small dinner at a hotel - the cockage charges alone can kill you! =.=

Hi Menkki,

U may chk out this new Jaya Palace restaurant....

they served delicious food....

Jaya Palace Restaurant.

Ground Flour Wisma LYL, (A few blocks away from Menara Axis)

No 12 Jalan 51A/223, Petaling Jaya.

Call 03-79682000 for reservations.

Chk out this blog for details:-

http://eatfirstthinklater.blogspot.com/200...restaurant.html

U may opt for Oriental Restaurant http://www.orientalrestaurants.com.my/cuisine.html

They have various different location of restaurant in klang valley...

Tai Thong Restaurant http://www.taithong.com.my/

They also have various restaurants in Klang Valley..

Good luck & Happy Wedding!

Hi, recently I just do some research on Restaurant. These few restaurants may help you. (But all in PJ area).

1. Restaurant Oversea (Jaya One) price start from RM598nett (I prefer most coz a lot of free gifts) :lol:

Tel: +603-7956 9911

2. Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant at PJ price start from RM668nett

Tel: +603-7960 4988

3. Ming Cuisine Restaurant price start from RM638nett

Tel:+603-7955 1218 / 7956 1218

This is restaurant where I already short listing for my own wedding. :P Hope can help you. You also can reach me at lcl33@hotmail.com ( I got the scan copy menu for this 3 restaurants.) :)

Hi, recently I just do some research on Restaurant. These few restaurants may help you. (But all in PJ area).

1. Restaurant Oversea (Jaya One) price start from RM598nett (I prefer most coz a lot of free gifts) :lol:

3. Ming Cuisine Restaurant price start from RM638nett (try not to go for this restaurant, the services is very very BAD. )

This is restaurant where I already short listing for my own wedding. :P Hope can help you. You also can reach me at lcl33@hotmail.com ( I got the scan copy menu for this 3 restaurants.) :)

3. Ming Cuisine Restaurant price start from RM638nett (try not to go for this restaurant, the services is very very BAD. )

Edwin, instead of just saying that it's bad which is hardly constructive/good feedback...can you elaborate?

This Ming Cuisine used to call Restoran Chow Yang @ Pelangi Club. Now change to this name. I'm about to book this restaurant for my wedding banquet next month. Luckily i didn't book it as i've tried their food there....not bad but kinda very small portion & expensive. Alot of ppl eat there tough but i still prefer bigger portion food...looks generous. What i like of this restaurant is that their stage are higher & longer walking path for the groom & bride to march in. Anyway, still need to try their food b4 placing your deposit.... :cheers:

Omg ive seen so many bad feedback about Ming Cuisine. Surprisingly, i had my wedding there on Dec 13 and the food tasted good. The service was also acceptable and not as bad as what a lot have said. If i got to know of this website before my wedding i wouldnt have booked the restaurant. Hmm i guess they must have changed the management. Anyway i went to the same restaurant for dim sum a week ago and it tasted good. Furthermore, there was also a 20% discount. I guess they are having some sort of promotion to promote that place. But so far, i think the place is not bad.