jean_jj

How many bottles of red wine consumed during ur wedding dinner

CherYee,

Erm I donno how much is my own bottle as my uncle is buying that for me coz initially I asked him to get it from Langkawi for me but then the officials over there too much :P Thought bribe them a little then enough but they keep going back to my uncle's restaurant there with their WHOLE family for free meals and then my uncle calculated and say it's not worth it. Might as well he get it back in KL full priced rather than let these greedy officials take advantage. But anyway I've asked a shop and they quoted me RM 150 per bottle.

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

Now I realized the bride's dinner does not provide liquor!! Aiseh man!!

Only my 4L wine , soft drinks and tea. Luckily only 7 tables ...kids, oldies and big boys.

Maybe nobody will even noticed too.

Also dont have yum sang, so they Might not noticed the absence of expensive liquor!! hahaha

I have 35-37 tables for my reception and I am trying to est. how many bottles should I prepare for 1 table

p/s: we don't have that many drinkers among our guests. We bought 12 bottles of hard liquor, but i guess it is not so popular.

how many bottles of wine are there in 1 box usually? Am trying to decide between serving beer or wine on top of the hard liquors we have......suggestions are most appreciated ... :)

sfgoh,

It really depends on the wine. Some they sell by half a dozen and some sell by a dozen. The ones I buy here in Melb sell by half a dozen.

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

:lol:

Oh, sorry if my post wasn't very clear. It's not meant to compare or say that your prediction is wrong or even insult you.

Just that in my case, it's not really true, that's all. Maybe the guests I had for my wedding are different than the norm. You don't have to clarify or anything like that. I'm sure the other members can understand me and you just fine. :)

Personally, I think in general, it depends on the type of people you're inviting. Like in my case, my mum's side (they are a mix of old + young, Chinese & English ed) prefer hard liqour and my dad's (same mix as well) side prefer beer & stout. Unfortunately for us, they all tasted the wine and had too much of a good thing so they didn't touch the rest. HB's side (old, young, French, Singaporean, educated) and my friends (mix age, educated), no need to say la...all hear about the wine coming from France rush to taste and drink rounds of just that. :lol:

meiteoh,

I'm feeling better now. Come, we hug hug. :)

Actually it depends on our personal prediction cuz it's only we ourself knows our guests well & what they prefer. :)

Bravo to both of us for being able not to waste the liquor, beer & wine.

sfgoh,

I am planning to serve wine and hard liquor only.

I have 35-37 tables for my reception and I am trying to est. how many bottles should I prepare for 1 table

p/s: we don't have that many drinkers among our guests. We bought 12 bottles of hard liquor, but i guess it is not so popular.

how many bottles of wine are there in 1 box usually? Am trying to decide between serving beer or wine on top of the hard liquors we have......suggestions are most appreciated ... :)