Sign in to follow this  
beautifulgown

More and More spammers in MB

Hi Ladies,

I bet you must have noticed, lately MB has lots of spammer around, and I had reported to Mod for more than 10! aiks .. and this morning has 3 again!!!

Any solution? or Admin, can your system blocked specific topic?? like those words, fxcking, sxcking etc?? sigh!! so irritating to see those threads!!!

Perhaps new registrations should be screened first and approved by admin? Surely those brides/groom to be who are serious in getting info and sharing ideas wouldn't mind waiting a day or two for registration approval? But it will means more work for admin lah!

Perhaps new registrations should be screened first and approved by admin? Surely those brides/groom to be who are serious in getting info and sharing ideas wouldn't mind waiting a day or two for registration approval? But it will means more work for admin lah!

But then ppl can still pretend to be good initially and later start spamming the forum :(.

Hi Ling...yalor...its getting more and more..

I saw that 3 new threads this morning as well and yiaksss..it is those stupid fool link & pics, I had reported to the MODs as well and now it is clean...

Hope there is no more in the future...

staycool,

ya! sigh .. I oso reported to Mod this morning.

at first they tumpang ppl's thread, post it there .. these people, never stop want bo!

hope Admins and Mods will think of way to handle it, cos lately really getting more and more oh!

actually this is bots which automatically register itself and spam... i think we need to upgrade forum version and this thing will stop.

Spammers, IMHO, are just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. I just spent Sunday night pruning out all the junk from spammers AND advertisers who are advertising on MB illegally or join just to get free advertising. Personally, I think we have a very relaxed system of signing up/new member registration. Something that I think we ought to change as we grow bigger.

We're in the middle of discussing on what to do - I for one would like to see that we implement some form of authorization on new member registration instead of allowing any Tom, Dick and Harry to sign up or have multiple accounts. A bot certainly won't be pretending and most of the time, these advertisers take advantage of easy registration or access to any forum to spam. So they certainly won't bother "pretending". At least it will help weed out most, if not some of the culprits.