bashfulbride

Tailor for Bridal Veil

what kind of veil u looking for?

I get mine in JB but not sure the tailor still willing to help or not coz they dont serve walk in customer.

i can post up the photo for u to see

regards

xiaoposh

bashfulbride,

From what I know, if you get someone like a designer to do your bridal veil, its very very expensive like RM 400. (I don't know why). Actually I think it should be quite easy kua, like just buy the cloth, cut cut, and maybe sew or some flowers on it then can already. Hehe.

Or you can try Hm Brides in Cheras, UE3. They got sell veils too. I think its around RM 30-40. :)

what kind of veil u looking for?

I get mine in JB but not sure the tailor still willing to help or not coz they dont serve walk in customer.

i can post up the photo for u to see

regards

xiaoposh

Hi xiaoposh,

I'm looking for a fairly long one... with lace and some beads. Would be really great if you can post a picture... Thanks so much

bashfulbride,

From what I know, if you get someone like a designer to do your bridal veil, its very very expensive like RM 400. (I don't know why). Actually I think it should be quite easy kua, like just buy the cloth, cut cut, and maybe sew or some flowers on it then can already. Hehe.

Or you can try Hm Brides in Cheras, UE3. They got sell veils too. I think its around RM 30-40. :)

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the reply. I had already checked out HM Brides (bought my wedding gown there a few months ago) but I did not quite like the veils they have.

I planned to go to a tailor in Ampang that a friend recommended. I even bought lace and soft net from Jalan TAR to match my bridal gown. (Lace and netting is pretty cheap at Jln TAR)

However, when I went over the weekend, the tailor showed me samples of her work and it looked weird... (The tailor charges RM 40 for workmanship + beading ... so all in all it would have cost me less than RM 70 with the material I bought)

So here I am looking for another tailor....

hi bashfulbride

maybe u can try this shop in berjaya times square - Red Lantern studio , Lot 01-71, Level 1

Tel: 21489882

redlantern_studio@hotmail.com

Gary Kuan (name card that i picked up when i was looking around)

The gowns they had on display caught my attention - so went in to look see look see .

Saw a veil (long one) & quite nice but i think the price he quoted between RM200-RM300.

Since u already have the material, why not give them a call or e-mail and see what they can do for u. :rolleyes:

hi bashfulbride

maybe u can try this shop in berjaya times square - Red Lantern studio , Lot 01-71, Level 1

Tel: 21489882

redlantern_studio@hotmail.com

Gary Kuan (name card that i picked up when i was looking around)

The gowns they had on display caught my attention - so went in to look see look see .

Saw a veil (long one) & quite nice but i think the price he quoted between RM200-RM300.

Since u already have the material, why not give them a call or e-mail and see what they can do for u. :D

Hi ashley,

thanks for the recommendation. I called them up and they do made-to-measure veils for RM 120-150. I will head over to Times Square to check out their samples!

Yalor, I don't understand why veils are do darn expensive. It can't possibly cost so much for a few metres of tulle, right??? the construction is also so simple <_<

Hi ladies!

I am looking for a "Mantilla" style veil....has anyone seen something similar to the attached pic?

I will be visiting KL to have my PS there...wondering if I can find something like that, or even get it made by a tailor?

I will have about a week to find/make my veil...so worried now since I can't find anything I like here in Australia!

Pls help me out, thanks!!

post-1220-1170339984_thumb.jpg

I remember that I have found a few shops with online services what have these kinds of veil before. BUt they are from US or UK. It's near US100 if I remember correctly but high quality material cost more and also tailor made cost more. If are interested I'll look them up again for you.

I think you can get them on ebay easily.

Hi fusionista,

Yep I have been to EBay to look around....and there are few of them. But the problem is that I am leaving AU tonite, and will be at the hotel in KL...so don't think it's enough time to order on EBay...sigh :(

Hopefully I can find something in KL!

I remember that I have found a few shops with online services what have these kinds of veil before. BUt they are from US or UK. It's near US100 if I remember correctly but high quality material cost more and also tailor made cost more. If are interested I'll look them up again for you.

Hi Zelda,

Thanks for your info....as I am leaving my home tonite, I don't think online shopping is an option for me....

Originally I thought I would go without the veil, but when I saw these mantillas, I fell in love with them....and the trend has not reached the downunder yet. It's huge in Japan (where I am originally come from), so I thought I maybe able to find it in KL. Will have to look around, or get it made I guess... Do you know any good tailor in KL who might be able to do this kind of veil?

hey people... well... i did my veil with beading and crystal all along the edge..and i did it in a way that its sew onto the end and not on one side...so with mine...either side you use the beaddings and crystal is still showing as it hangs off the edge...will take a pic and post it...took me about 3 days to do it with allowing mistakes and designing it...its really easy and paid mine...not more than RM20 only!!!

hey people... well... i did my veil with beading and crystal all along the edge..and i did it in a way that its sew onto the end and not on one side...so with mine...either side you use the beaddings and crystal is still showing as it hangs off the edge...will take a pic and post it...took me about 3 days to do it with allowing mistakes and designing it...its really easy and paid mine...not more than RM20 only!!!

Hi ,

Do u mind sharing ur veil pic here?

Cheers ;)

hiya.. i can ask my designer if he can sell the veil separately if you're interested.

they normally bundle with the gown and comes with the ring pillow as well.

let me know ya...

Does anyone know where i can buy/make new wedding veils....? sort of like a pantang of mine, not to wear 2nd hand veils....

TQ

hi girls.. i finally found someone!! :) my cs designer, kenneth of butterfly, makes veils too!! :) i think his prices are quite reasonable.. less than rm200, depending on what you want to put on it.. :)