ceetee

Vaccuum Robot

Hi gals,

My HB bought me a vaccuum robot during the last house reno expo, Picabot it is....

It's very smart and cleans well.... It really helps me a lot in house work.... It will sweep and vaccuum by itself without any supervision required, and when the battery is low, it will return to charging base itself, really so intelligent.... :smile:

There are actually 3 brands in M'sia now, i-robot import from USA (RM2300++), Picabot from USA with M'sia distributorship (RM1300++) and Oha XX (forgot the name) (RM980++).... There is also 1 robot for mopping, called Scuba, from USA also, but quite pricy....

It's really a superb invention for working ladies.... Something that i feel it should be shared with you all.... Now i can spare more free time relaxing while my house can be clean too........ :lol:

hey ceetee, glad u shared about yr i-robot. i was wondering whether it really works or just advertisements. wanna ask u some questions.

1. can it vacuum the corners of the rooms?

2. any service or maintenance fee?

3. need to replace any spare parts?

4. how long hv u been using it?

5. where to buy?

6. any cons about using it? i'm wondering about under the chairs, or if got a lot of stuff on the floor, will it "trip" or cannot clean the area?

thanks!

hi happi,

We got an i-robot courtesy of Aetis from a wedding fair lucky draw. Am glad to help ceetee provide you some answers to your questions as we've passed it to my mom and she's been using it for more than a year now...

1. Yes, it can definitely vacuum corners. It has these small brushes which rotates to sweep all areas.

2. Nope. Unless, you consider electricity a form of maintenance fee? It's pretty low by the way.

3. Yes. When any of them are worn out. We replaced a set of brushes, they are expensive tho....RM50 I think....

4. A bit over a year

5. Aetis, brand distributor or home deco fair?

6. It will not trip if there are stuffs on the floor, chairs include. It will bump, clean and rotate to clean other directions. It will not even fall when it cleans close to stairs. However, the more stuff you have, the longer it takes to clean. Takes about 45 mins to completely clean a regular room, but you can always picked it up and move it to another room manually. It's very effective in picking up hairs (most difficult by sweeping).

Hope the answers helped. Happy selecting your brand of vacuum robot!

hey ceetee, glad u shared about yr i-robot. i was wondering whether it really works or just advertisements. wanna ask u some questions.

5. where to buy?

6. any cons about using it? i'm wondering about under the chairs, or if got a lot of stuff on the floor, will it "trip" or cannot clean the area?

thanks!

There're 3 brands with all 3 different price range. And I notice the range is wide, from RM2300++ to RM980++? What's the difference between these 3 brands? I know my friends bought i-robot roomba, and they said it's really helpful... but what about other brands?

5. where to buy?

thanks!

happi,

the unit i got is Picabot, from Corven. You can read more from HERE

Thx Flora for the answers, may i top up some views too: :lol:

1. It does clean corners but up to certain radius. Bear in mind it's a round - plate sized machine with a brush extension, it's like putting a coin near the walls corners. There are some 'blind' spots tho...

2. No technical servicing required, but domestic ones can be done at home, pretty easy.... like emptying the trash compartment, washing the filter etc. You can send back to manufacturer for other technical problems. EG vaccuum no suction, robot not moving etc...

3. Yup, any parts subject to wear and tear can be replaced, the price of spare-parts is different from brands, i-robot spare is comparatively higher becoz' it''s fully imported. Picabot spares are still ok, eg roller brush is approx RM15, filter = RM5.

4. I got mine last friday only, have been using it for few days basically. My colleague got his last year, has been recommending me to buy for quite some time... :happy:

5. You can chk on-line, buy from home expo etc.

6. Wouldn't say 'con', maybe the 'shortfall' is the robots are all 'blind', they can't detect rubbish or dust, they are just programmed to run in few modes. You have to give them some time to fully cover your house floor. To get better result, leave it alone, don't walk around when it's doing its job. Besides that, treat it as a vaccuum cleaner, not trash monster... it cleans small pieces not big chunks... It won't trip like what Flora said, but wires or any long object can make the roller brush entangle, when robot senses it, it'll stop working... smart?! :cool:

There're 3 brands with all 3 different price range. And I notice the range is wide, from RM2300++ to RM980++? What's the difference between these 3 brands? I know my friends bought i-robot roomba, and they said it's really helpful... but what about other brands?

Starzband,

Yup, the price diff is wide. I-robot got 2, Roomba & Scuba, vaccuum & mop.... they are all from USA, price on-line is USD345 only, but the local dealer has jacked up the price so much.... Flora is so lucky to get it free... :lol:

My Hb initially planned to get it from the states, but their international warranty is somehow very limited... heard from a friend that local dealer will not render any services or any sell spare-parts for USA purchased ones.....

I believe Roomba should be the best coz the rest are just copy-cat.... But for the price diff.... hihihi... no choice loh.... :tongue:

I'm not sure how clean Roomba can do, but i'm very satisfied with my Picabot as of now... HB named it Daisy.... hahahaha... :biggrin:

The RM980 one looks kinda filmsy, and the fittings are very China-made...

Vaccuum Robot?? First time I heard about it, how effective is it??

BG,

Round plate shaped, something like flying saucer.... a good helping-hand to keep the house dust-free..... :rolleyes:

Hehe...ceetee, yep. We were very lucky indeed. All thanks to the bridal fair we attended and our deposit for the bridal package which got us the forms.

You are right, the cost for Roomba is not only much higher, even the spares cost alot. We have nothing to complain about it as we got it free :lol: . But, for it's function and capabilities, my dad says that it's very much worth the price. He insisted on getting us another one as we gave ours to mum. I told him I didn't need it cause we live in an apartment where the space is much smaller and we could sweep and mop manually.

I've not tried other brand but have seen demos of them, I think they work the same way. Just need to check on the vacuum capacity (the wattage) to make sure it's strong enough for your usage. Roomba is very durable. It's exterior is of great quality, very solid, not at all flimsy....don't think it will break even it tumbles over the stairs. But, I would think that some other brand can be comparable too...I've seen a korean one and think that it's pretty good either. Can't remember the name tho.....

Sounds good solution for busy working couple who wanted to keep the house clean.

Is it quiet during cleaning? RM980 one is reliable or not?

hi ceetee

Thanks for sharing.

If I wish to vaccuum and mop, need to buy 2 machines? do you know how much is Scuba for mopping? as if you are selling it.. haha...

flora,

yup, Roomba looks very tough physically... :cheers:

I used to spend 3 hours sweeping and mopping my house every week.... now i'm much more relieve...

xiaomaomi,

not very noisy, just like hand-held vaccuum cleaner.... I'm not too sure about it, looks great at 1st sight, but its hardware looks very 'china-made', some more got the oval 'High Quality' stickers that can always be found on China made product... :happy:

Maybe gotta look for feedback from any MB using it.... Well, sometimes china-made product can be of good quality too...

bride798,

Welcome, good things are meant to be shared.... :biggrin:

What i know, in M'sia now, only i-robot got mopping machine. Yes, they are separate robots, you need to buy both.

Scuba is around RM2000++ also... Maybe you can try on vaccuum one 1st coz' i find my house floor very clean even I just use Picabot.... dust-free, non-sticky.... :lol:

Based on the decription above, i think i may just go check it out. Of course i'm going to wait till more manufacturers come into the market, with the hope of them reducing the price...hehe.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Thanks ceetee, for sharing.

I guess I must be hardworking doing housework until the price go down to affordable price :)

thanks ceetee & flora. most probably hv to wait for price to go down. too bad they don't make vacuum cleaner + mop in 1, then really worthwhile!

Mr Donny, xiaomaomi,

Welcome. I guess more local designs will be out soon.... price will definitely drop.... :wink:

happi,

maybe in future, there'll be 2in1 robot.... that'll be perfect huh?!

However, i'm a bit sceptical on mopping robot as the water compartment is small, how clean can it mop? :mellow:

hi ceetee,

actually my aunty borrow me her irobot last 2 days for a trial. we love it very much.

but after i saw ur comment on picabot and i called them to check. u knw wat, i might change my mind to picabot bcz 1st is the price and 2nd is the function.

next week there will be an exhibition at MV wher picabot will participate aso. i will go ther to see their demo and may b got some further discount.... :p

anyhow, thx for ur info.

hi ceetee,

actually my aunty borrow me her irobot last 2 days for a trial. we love it very much.

but after i saw ur comment on picabot and i called them to check. u knw wat, i might change my mind to picabot bcz 1st is the price and 2nd is the function.

next week there will be an exhibition at MV wher picabot will participate aso. i will go ther to see their demo and may b got some further discount.... :p

anyhow, thx for ur info.

Exhibition in Midvalley? What is the exact date... oh dear, I'm going to KL this weekend, dun wanna miss this...

hi ceetee,

anyhow, thx for ur info.

Exhibition in Midvalley? What is the exact date... oh dear, I'm going to KL this weekend, dun wanna miss this...

here you go...

Modern Home & Lifestyle Fair 09

17 - 19 July 2009

MVEC, Hall 1, 2 & 3

hi ceetee,

anyhow, thx for ur info.

Sweetie_kua,

really? wow, i think the economy is really at the verge now.... there was just an expo 2 weeks ago... another one coming.... good for consumers like us... :happy:

When i bought mine, the free gift was 1 UV light bulb and 1 extra filter for Picabot, try to get extra filters from them. It helps as you don't have to wait for 1 to dry up if you wanna use again.

Maybe i should let you know 1st, the sales person for the RM980- Ohuxxxxx are very very 'hard-sell' type, they can tell you all wonders, do ask them for proof... and if can, bring some talcum powder for demo. Picabot and i-robot counters do have 'dust' for demo, but the Ohuxxxx only used papers... :ph34r:

hi ceetee,

anyhow, thx for ur info.

Sweetie_kua,

really? wow, i think the economy is really at the verge now.... there was just an expo 2 weeks ago... another one coming.... good for consumers like us... :happy:

When i bought mine, the free gift was 1 UV light bulb and 1 extra filter for Picabot, try to get extra filters from them. It helps as you don't have to wait for 1 to dry up if you wanna use again.

Maybe i should let you know 1st, the sales person for the RM980- Ohuxxxxx are very very 'hard-sell' type, they can tell you all wonders, do ask them for proof... and if can, bring some talcum powder for demo. Picabot and i-robot counters do have 'dust' for demo, but the Ohuxxxx only used papers... :ph34r:

thx ceetee for ur advice. looking forward to next week. :smile:

thanks ceetee!

I'll go and see see at Mid Valley... If can, really prefre 2 in 1 product.. hehe

bride798,

yup, if got 2 in 1 lagi best... esp when you are going to have kids, floor really gets 'sticky' very fast....

Do let me know if there's any good gadget yah... :lol:

ceetee, is it "okusano" ?

i got one, price is 988. overall is good, can clean up carpet dush n very small partical...keke

really great invention, help us save time...:p