Sign in to follow this  
Worby

Baby's Heartbeat

Hi girls! I'm really glad to have stumbled upon this forum and to see to many concerned mothers here (its great to know I'm not the only one). :) Hope to learn more about pregnancy here from your experiences and share the little knowledge that I have on it with you guys too!

Currently, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. Last week (when I was 6 weeks), I went to the gynae to see my baby's heartbeat and he mentioned its a little slow at 90 - 95 beats per minute. :( Although he said he has seen it before, that made me really worried. So just wondering if any of you went to see your baby's heartbeat and what was the rate? Appreciate if you could share your experiences.

Foetus' heartbeat is normally more than 130, or at least that's what my babies heartbeats were when I was pregnant with them

Violet's heartbeat is kinda fast but I don't know the rate I need to check back the card.

I only see gynae when I'm in 8th week and my gynae said she is healthy, heartbeat very strong.

worby,

You just don't need to worry too much, I'm sure your little one will be alright =)

He didn't exactly say its alright... :( Well he said he has seen it before and yet it can be because the baby is not healthy. Sigh! The woes of being a mother.

I read in certain places that at 6 weeks, the baby's heart has just begun to beat hence its slower as its just developing. So I was just wondering how true that is... Has anyone here seen there baby's heartbeat at maybe 6 - 8 weeks and what's the rate?

Mine was between 140-150. People say if it's a girl, the heartbeat is normally faster. Yeah don't worry too much. Worrying will only make matters worst! Just tell your baby that you're looking forward to see him/her.

Worby,

Some even cannot see the heartbeat at the beginning.

So just don't worry first, wait till you are 8th week old or more go to your gynae there to check again.

worby, i went to see doc around 6weeks too coz i couldn't wait any longer :tongue: at that time doc wasn't able to detect heartbeat - he said it was too early. he couldn't even ultrascan me thru my tummy; he inserted something like a stick into my vagina and scanned from there, then only confirmed i am pregnant.

therefore, i think you need not worry too much as 6weeks is really very early stage. just rest well and take good care.

Thanks for all your replies and comfort. :)

My gynae asked me to go back next week (8 weeks) to check. Hopefully everything's alright... Sigh!

A good fetal doppler can be accurate. But at 7 weeks, it may not be able to pick up the heartbeat. Even OBGYN's changgih machine sometimes can't pick up heartbeat at 7 weeks, and they have to do a vaginal scan. And you don't want to worry yourself unnecessarily if your home fetal doppler can't pick up the heartbeat.

Worby, your child's heartbeat is low. If I were you, I would go for a second opinion from a reputable, recommended gynae. You'll never know - the gynae may recommend some medication/hormone pills to help support the pregnancy. I don't think I can wait 1 week, as a lot of things can happen in 1 week.

In the meantime, get loads of rest, don't do anything strenous and eat healthily.

All the best!

Ally's Mom: Is it low given that baby is only 6 weeks? Does it pick up over time? This is my best and only hope for now. As for my gynae, he is a recommended and reputable one... Sigh. Maybe my next option is to see Dr Raman ~ heard and read a lot about his talent.

Agree with ally's mom, I was told by my 1st gynae that I have low amniotic fluid. I am so scared, and then i went for 2nd opinion and turns out to be fine.

I agreed with Ally;s mom, for me i am very kan cheong person, i wont wait for 1 week.. Even 1 days is too long for me.. I will direct go for 2nd opinion.. In wk 7, i guess u can hear the beat faster than wk 6..No worry, u will be fine..

Ally's Mom: Is it low given that baby is only 6 weeks? Does it pick up over time? This is my best and only hope for now. As for my gynae, he is a recommended and reputable one... Sigh. Maybe my next option is to see Dr Raman ~ heard and read a lot about his talent.

I am also a very kan cheong person... Hehehe. But I did my fair share of reading before I started to panic, and found that sometimes its because the fetal's heart just started beating ~ that's why slow a bit. We shall know the truth next week during my next scan.

Meanwhile, appreciate if any mothers reading this listened to their baby's heartbeat at 6 - 8 weeks let me know what the heart rate per minute is... Thanks in advance! :)

I did my scan on wk 7 - that time Dr didn't even tell me what is the rate...He just ask me to listen. That time is my first time check. i dont even ask any just abit excited listen n see the fetus..

I am also a very kan cheong person... Hehehe. But I did my fair share of reading before I started to panic, and found that sometimes its because the fetal's heart just started beating ~ that's why slow a bit. We shall know the truth next week during my next scan.

Meanwhile, appreciate if any mothers reading this listened to their baby's heartbeat at 6 - 8 weeks let me know what the heart rate per minute is... Thanks in advance! :)