Wan Yee

Air-cond

Me too, i purchased most of my air-conds from Legend, ss2. 1st was bad/costly, but 2nd istallation was better, with lessons learned. Just to share, and if RM100++ matters, on the day you purchase your air-cond u can do the following:

Firstly, ascertain where u want the compressor to be located. It should be as near to the rear of the air-cond and try to be non-visible to sight (cosmetic) but still easily accessible for repairs.

Secondly, measure the distance from the air-cond to the compressor. It should be from the right of the air-cond(if u r looking at it) to the right of the compressor.

Lastly, before buying, ask the shop-owner if the 'installation charges' include the distance measured.

Good Luck

Me too, i purchased most of my air-conds from Legend, ss2. 1st was bad/costly, but 2nd istallation was better, with lessons learned. Just to share, and if RM100++ matters, on the day you purchase your air-cond u can do the following:

Firstly, ascertain where u want the compressor to be located. It should be as near to the rear of the air-cond and try to be non-visible to sight (cosmetic) but still easily accessible for repairs.

Secondly, measure the distance from the air-cond to the compressor. It should be from the right of the air-cond(if u r looking at it) to the right of the compressor.

Lastly, before buying, ask the shop-owner if the 'installation charges' include the distance measured.

Good Luck

Thx for ur advice, will take note next time. :smile:

Hi all,

After scouting aroun my hb n i decided 2 get d daikin inverter a/c...any idea from where/who we can get it 4 a gud rate?

hi all,

some information bout the DC inverter that i would like to share with u.

make sure what kind of place that you wan to install the air cond, if is bedroom that is well conceal so that temperature is stable, go for inverter. if u wan to put the air-cond in open space like ur living room then go for non inverter.

this is how the air cond works. for those normal non-inverter air cond, the compressor is on and off by time to time. when the temperature get stable, they will off, then when the temperature rise, they on again. so they will consume more power when wan to turn on the compressor.

for those inverter air-cond, the are using the so call DC inverter. Which will convert the AC to DC, so that they can run the compressor in lower speed (not totally off) then run like normal again when needed. so in way, they save energy by not on/off the compressor all the time. but if you choose the wrong air cond (ie small hp in big space or living room that air can leak out all the time) then your compressor definetly need run all the time to bring down the temperature and you may never reach to the set temperature as the air cond is not strong enough. so in this way the inverter air cond will consume more power.

so for my recommendation and actually what i purchase for my new condo is 3x inverter air cond for 3 bedroom then 1x non-inverter for the living room.

pls let me know if you need more information bout this. thanks and have a nice day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi ray07 and all friends..

i have problem to choose which aircond that reliable and easy to maintain plus the price is affordable(budget not exceed rm1500 if possible..hehe :biggrin: )..planning to use 1.5hp for my living hall...seems u have a wide xperience about aircond...do u have any info about Topaire brand?

i have been using panasonic for both of my previous homes...for my new place im also using panasonic...in fact my air con installer who inst supplying the a/c to me recommended that i use panasonic...

no need to buy inverter cause its high maintainance...for common area, standard ac is good enough..for bedroom you may want to consider ioniser

i have been using panasonic for both of my previous homes...for my new place im also using panasonic...in fact my air con installer who inst supplying the a/c to me recommended that i use panasonic...

no need to buy inverter cause its high maintainance...for common area, standard ac is good enough..for bedroom you may want to consider ioniser

hmmmm...most of member here promote panasonic...will survey 2morow for the price..anyway any member here heard about topaire? i think i'm the only one heard about it...hehe

Anybody heard Gree A/C before?

gree a/c? never heard of that...oredy make a survey topaire a/c..quite dissapointed service..call many time didnt answer n i wondreing if anything happened to my aircond if this kind of service...but the btu for 1.5hp is quite high 13000 btu...

Hi Guys,

There is another great brand for air con which is Toshiba. Especially the Daiseikai model, it has the highest efficiency among so many brands. Althought the Malaysia Toshiba website does not show the info, but you can refer to thei main website for the similar model: http://www.toshiba-aircon.jp/products/daiseikai/index.htm

Anyone using the Daiseikai, pls share your thought....

i have ppl recomend me to get pana.. but i have not decided yet...

read one of the post here.. get an ionizer for the bedroom.. i agree on this.. at least u will sleep and breath better at home..

and if ur budget permits.. get ionizer for your living and MBR.. since it will only cost few more hundreds but for a better and healthly lifestyle.. hehehehe..

will be getting my wifey uncle to do my reno and other installation. so can i save the installation cost from the air cond seller?

for aircon, no need extra feature like ionizer...those feature will make u headache in future....

to use inverter air con or normal air con that's few pro and cons:

• inverter: is take time to cool down the area (therefore if you need a immediate cooling effect example when your friend visit you..and you thought of on the air con to cool the place immediately, i think it is not as what you wan)
  • inverter: area that you intend to turn on your air con in long hours like your bedroom it is something good reason being it will save energy in long run. But if thought of on for 1-2 hours, the energy saver ratio is not much different in compare to normal air con.
:)

Hi All,

After reading thru this topics, most of the forummer are mentioning bout Pany and Daikin...any other brands that other forummer are using? Can share the experience? I plan to get a 1.5 hp with inverter for my master bedroom, but still in the mid of deciding which brand.. pany is reliable but a bit expensive, one elec. shop recommended hitachi 1.5 HP with inverter and UV air cleaner @ RM1890, i notice BTU is higher compare to others brand, but there are feedback that the compressor is noisy, my MIL is using it(1hp) for quite some time and she said it cool down fast but did not complaint bout the noise, a forummer also mention his hitachi is not cool... My budget is below 2K for a 1.5HP aircon...Any idea? LG is out of my list...

Hi all,

need some advice here... for those who have installed panasonic inverter, mind to share how much the contractor charges for the piping, since it's different? abit confused on how they charge here, since the contractor says the inverter piping is double the price of normal AC piping -_-

I am using Carrier, 1hp, price comes with installation is only RM1000, we bought from electrical shop. Love this aircond very much because totally cannot hear the aircond noise. Well, I have another aircond, Panasonic Inverter 1hp, prices comes with installation approx RM1400/RM1500, can't remember. Doesn't like it because can't feel the coolness. That's why we try other brand, Carrier, is very satisfy.

I am using Carrier, 1hp, price comes with installation is only RM1000, we bought from electrical shop. Love this aircond very much because totally cannot hear the aircond noise. Well, I have another aircond, Panasonic Inverter 1hp, prices comes with installation approx RM1400/RM1500, can't remember. Doesn't like it because can't feel the coolness. That's why we try other brand, Carrier, is very satisfy.

what about the power consumption?

daikin is rm100-rm150 cheaper than panasonic for the units itself.

piping noneed special type for daikin inverter, also cheaper

gas use normal type as well, meaning cheaper service maintenance in future

daikin is also more quiet compare to pana

so the only thing is less environment friendly compare to panasonic.

save your own pocket or save the world is up to you. :wacko3:

what about the power consumption?

I am not sure how much the power consumption for Panasonic Inverter. Initially we bought Panasonic Inverter was thought it consume less power, however, in fact, I dont really feel it save any electricity in the bill.

We bought one more Carrier for another room. It is really good! not purposely promote it, but it works exceed my expectation. Usually, we know that we have switching ON the aircond because we can hear the aircon sound. For Carrier, it works so quiet, everytime I want to check whether the aircond is switching ON or OFF, I have to LOOK into it or look on the plug point. Cannot judge based on the "sound".

Other aircond I came across, mostly have the noisy sound. :)

inverter save electricity if you run your aircon for long hours with the right situation.

if you use just for 1-2hrs than that makes no different, when the temperature reach the desire level, only the saving start but you already "wong fei hong sao tong"

if you use it at location which the desire tempreture beyond to be reach, under power aircon and the compressor will keep running at max, than the compressor can never slow down and use less current. this what most people do :wacko3:

Hi there,

Have u all heard about the portable air-cond available in the market recently? Available in 1.0 HP or 1.5 HP, the selling price is RM1,200 to RM1,600. Any comments for this air-cond? What is the pro and con? Is it worth buying? Because i was thinking to get one but need to do some survey before making further decision.

Thanks!