Sign in to follow this  
GuESs

When to be pregnant?

Hi All,

i jz married. But i always a bit short of breath after a short walk.. and have very bad stamina... cant jog much..

My hubby keep on ask me to exercise more so i have better stamina.. nx time get pregnant will be good for mother and baby.

erm... i wonder is it a silly question to ask..

Is short of breath will affect natural giving birth? cannot push?

Is it mz be 100% fit like sports woman onli can be preggy?

I am always taking antacid.. due to gastric pain... is it ok if getting preggy?

how is the body health to be.. if wan to be preggy?

not really must be fit like sport women but then

if too lembik also difficult...

actually what ur hb said is true also..

starting maybe u wont feel the impact but then when ur tummy getting bigger that time

will be difficult for u... if a short walk u already shortness of breath

then what is u taking short walk with extra few kilos everyday?

i also very lembik that type now i always tired i cant really do much physical work..

i feel not healthy at all..

To be very honest, it is good if you can be in relative good health when you're pregnant as to enjoy a fuss-free, smooth pregnancy. A good immune system plus average fitness level is important as your body is more susceptable to illnesses when you're pregnant and you may experience shortness of breath as well as fatigue due to your body working double time to provide energy, food and oxgyen to your baby. If you can't even care for yourself, then how will your body be able to cope with providing the best for your baby?

Having said that, you don't need to a be a sportswoman to get pregnant. Try to eat well and squeeze in some exercise not just because you want to have a baby but because it really does do wonders for your body and soul.

I was glad that I maintained at least 30 mins of brisk walk + jogging thrice to four times a week as well as long hikes (2-3 hours minimum) before I got pregnant (my HB too pushed me to exercise) and while I was pregnant, I still went on hikes and long walks (thanks to my HB). As a result, I didn't have any water retention, nearly no morning sickness (just feel nauseaous) and a relatively smooth pregnancy. Only problem were piles, mild heartburn and pelvic pain - the last was towards my final trimester. In fact, I was still up and about until the day before my water bag broke!

i always used to wonder if i am pregnant, can i give birth naturally or not? This is cos i have very low stamina, why i say this, cos i cant jog very long.. although tall with long legs, i never come 1st,2nd ,or 3rd during school race... i am just not athletic at all, never played for any sports.

And now, i am a mother to 9month old baby, natural delivery, no epidural :)

so dont worry much. If u plan to TTC, i'd say cut down on alcohol and dont smoke (you shouldnt anyways :P)... start taking folic acid supplements, eat healthy and keep a positive and stress free mind.

If you have further doubts, always consult your doc before you TTC.

to conceive, doesnt really need to be feed , just normal will do. Mayb u can take some nutritious food to strengthen yr womb. Gotta get yr period to be regular and if you're a chinese, drink pak zhan or bak foong yuen pills after yr menses. i have a fren who got her backbone injured last 3 yrs. She's now on treatment and also doc said her womb is not so strong. she gotta made improvement for tht b4 she can conceive.

i think ginseng can help to improve yr breath right?

i'd like to add.. my cousin - a mother of 2, is even worse than me in fitness, used to be overweight till the age of 20. Only after 20 she lost weight to a better BMI... she gave birth to both her babies, with <5hrs of labour... relatively smooth delivery. THe only exercise she did during preggers is walking and walking. Main thing is once u are pregnant, you have to take good care of your health, not to fall sick, and eat well.

ya lo..

i always feel shy bout askin doc this ques...

coz i haven know when i will be pregnant also..

is a bit too early to do preparation..

but i think what u girls say are true.. mz keep healthy..

but.. haih.. i am always takin antacid due to gastric and muscle relaxer due to migraine ..

i oso very worried it will affect my baby if i get pregnant ~.~

once u are preggy, always ask your doc before taking any kind of medicine... some are safe some are not... the best is always avoid medicines la...

im not a fitness freak but im the sportier kind, rockclimbed, hiked, briskwalked, spirited drives etc just to give my muscle/mental some "workout".

generally, it gives u wholeness, body and soul.

being fit for pregnancy is one thing. being fit overall, mentally and physically when one becomes a mother is a whole new ball game. it doesnt end at being pregnant.

we dont have to be fit like a sports person but having a healthy body for pregnancy is important because you surely want to have a smooth sailing journey and a healthy baby in your tummy.

i didn't exercise much during pregnancy except for a short walk every weekend in the park plus I ate healthily and took supplements like pramilet and maternal milk.