Skinny Girl

cut hair in ghost month

hi Gals!! long time no chat!!!

aiya.. really sian with the work, until no mood go to cut hair.. now like "za cao" liao..sian..

any one know can cut in this month??? :unsure:

need to wait till next month ??

if not cut now, i willbecome "siao za bo"..... help!!!

tolong !!tolong!!!!

Arigato!! :)

Hi skinny girl,

nv heard of such pantang leh ... i only heard frm my granny, avoid wearing dark / black color cloths & dun go out at nite too much .

hi fluene,

today is the 2nd day of the 7th lunar mth ... :) :)

I tot one cant cut hair during CNY oni? Didnt know you can cut hair during the 7th mth. Oh well what you didnt know wont hurt you that's what I always tell myself. :unsure:

I also never heard of this cutting hair thing, only dun go out at nite, dun go swimming, etc. But not cutting hair things.

Skinny Girl: if cannot cut hair maybe can try to curl ur hair? Straighten hair? So many alternatives now. :)

very confuse leh..... ;) how...

if really no way, then no choice, go cut lor..

like u said don know wont hurt !

btw, anyone else know got this pantang ?

got any others pantang that u gals know? :blink:

me also want go to cut hair but yesterday my colleague told me cannot cut hair on 7 month wor. So, i listen to them lah. Since heard already, then try to avoid lo...

i heard from my granny, recently my uncle when to the temple to check on this mth " status ".

According to the sami, on the lunar ( english ) day 4 (16) , 7 (19), 14 (26) , 15 (27) , 29 (10sept) is bad day ...

during the month do not wear dark / black color cloths. If u're drying ur cloths in the morning make sure u bring them back before 5pm ( sunset ) to avoid those thingy attached on it .... most important avoid goin out at nite.

i dunno hw true is it, somehow i'm a christian. Just follow wat the elder hav to say lor .... no harm afterall.

But .. 10 sept is my birthday !! so, only can stay at home self celebration :(

Hi gals,

Never heard of cannot cut hair this month. Only cannot move into new house this month and no wedding this month. Try to avoid attending funeral too. Don't stay out after midnight. Pray more.

in my mum kampung, there is 1 of the family whose son got married on 14th of 7th month in chinese calendar... so they said basically he invites "those" to his wedding also lor. :P.... this guy is really rich now and have a happy family lor... at least this is what we outsider saw lar...

and there is this restaurant behind my house that open on 14th of 7th month also... wah... the customer keep on coming and they have quite a good business also ler....

so i think it's really depends lor... not sure whether it's coincidence for the restaurant case but for that guy who married in my mom hometown he actually consulted sifu there and the sifu give him that date... :blink:

never heard of this pantang .. as what I know is .. avoid to cut hair on the 1st and 15th (lunar date) on every month .. but I have no idea of why? hehehe

i never care of that .. as long as I think is time to "clear" them then I will make appointment with the saloon before I go .. if not .. long queue till 2 hours, 3 hours pun boleh!! I don't want to wait oh!!

i heard from my granny, recently my uncle when to the temple to check on this mth " status ".

According to the sami, on the lunar ( english ) day 4 (16) , 7 (19), 14 (26) , 15 (27) , 29 (10sept) is bad day ...

during the month do not wear dark / black color cloths. If u're drying ur cloths in the morning make sure u bring them back before 5pm ( sunset ) to avoid those thingy attached on it .... most important avoid goin out at nite.

i dunno hw true is it, somehow i'm a christian. Just follow wat the elder hav to say lor .... no harm afterall.

But .. 10 sept is my birthday !! so, only can stay at home self celebration :(

i feel hor... sometimes dont thinks so much... if u need to cut then just go and cut... somethings are not so logical to follow, then dont follow... some ppl tell me friday cannot cut finger nail... wattt??? some ppl said cannot sing at night... watt??? some ppl said cannot play music at night... if u wanna follow all cannot cannot wan... in the end, u onli sit at home look at ur four walls with light bright bright...

wow...finally know really have pantang for this month!!!

Hi stephy, is the date given by the temple is advise for all people or just your uncle ?

ops... your birthday... then you can celebrate at day time lor.. back to home before sky dark ...

ya ya, also cannot get married in this month... :P

my uncle's business also affected... :huh::angry: cos he sell the traditonal wedding biscuit mah...:) no choice.. :P

but near mid of the month, many order come liao for the month of Aug (very good month ) :) funny....

like this .. i think i should make appointment for cut hair early august.. haha first customer... kia see...

i feel hor... sometimes dont thinks so much... if u need to cut then just go and cut... somethings are not so logical to follow, then dont follow... some ppl tell me friday cannot cut finger nail... wattt??? some ppl said cannot sing at night... watt??? some ppl said cannot play music at night... if u wanna follow all cannot cannot wan... in the end, u onli sit at home look at ur four walls with light bright bright...

babysiew ..

Hahahhaha .. I agreed with you!! either look at our four walls light bright bright .. or another pantang is .. don't switch on the light after 12, if not *THEY* will be able to find you .. so .. end up is .. look at our four walls with NO light!

Don't worry .. just go ahead and have a new hair style :) we will support. Just do whatever you think is right. We have no time to follow all those pantang-lalang, if we wanna follow .. OMG!! that is not our life but is pantang-lalang's life!!!

kwai lo doesnt have such pantang... they live happily... cut hair anytime they wan... so dont worry much... :) huggies... but if u really afraid hor skinny girl... then better dont cut lor... later u sum lor lor luen...

wow...finally know really have pantang for this month!!!

Hi stephy, is the date given by the temple is advise for all people or just your uncle ?

ops... your birthday... then you can celebrate at day time lor.. back to home before sky dark ...

ya ya, also cannot get married in this month... :P

my uncle's business also affected... :D:angry: cos he sell the traditonal wedding biscuit mah... :) no choice.. :P

but near mid of the month, many order come liao for the month of Aug (very good month ) :) funny....

like this .. i think i should make appointment for cut hair early august.. haha first customer... kia see...

skinny girl,

i think is for all of us gua ... coz my granny keep on repeating the whole thing to all my relatives & her frenz.

my bday 10/sept is monday need to work during day leh .... but not so disappointed coz bf is flying over on 7/sept & he say he will b my driver to bfast, work, lunch, back home .... it's gonna b the first time in our r\ship :huh:

Please don't be supertitous-la. Chinese Lunar July month is an joyful and auspicious month and not a ghost month. I just sent a new post in my blog at here about why Chinese Lunar is a auspicious month.

My blog :

http://urna.wordpress.com

Another article about some proved of July month is better than August month here.

http://tzuchig42.multiply.com/journal/item/5

I am in part time photographer biz, since I am also a real Buddhist believer. Since I am advocating of this July month is auspicious month, any of you or your friends (chinese) who have wedding, AD, dinner fall in this Chinese month. I wish to offer you 70% discounts of my photograhy services for your AD and dinner in this period. [but applicable to Penang or Prai only]. My portrait gallery is at http://www.pbase.com/quahyc

i hv never heard a thing bout cutting hair pantang... nobody's ever tell me not to cut hair whenever i wan to cut it!

n for hanging laundry outside, actually i oso no pantang. in fact, yest nite i hand rinsed my work clothes n hang it drip dry outside till daytime!

I thought we cannot cut hair during CNY only, and even on normal days, my grandma forbade us to hang our clothes at night. Anyway in U.S. we just dry our clothes in the dryer :P

ya, i ever heard cannot hang clothes not so late , cannot after 7pm, because "that thing"

will assume is their cloth & will wear it... :D ...scary...

eh, how r..if saw someone is burning the "jin zi"at the road side or

at the flat that we stay?

i first time own my house.. so, i also follow others people to downstair to burn the

"jinzi" but don know how to "bai"leh...? (pai seh..i english very teruk) :D

is it have to do hah if stay there ?anyone knows?

in my mum kampung, there is 1 of the family whose son got married on 14th of 7th month in chinese calendar... so they said basically he invites "those" to his wedding also lor. :P .... this guy is really rich now and have a happy family lor... at least this is what we outsider saw lar...

and there is this restaurant behind my house that open on 14th of 7th month also... wah... the customer keep on coming and they have quite a good business also ler....

so i think it's really depends lor... not sure whether it's coincidence for the restaurant case but for that guy who married in my mom hometown he actually consulted sifu there and the sifu give him that date... :angry:

Dun't who reluctant to believe the supertitious have well control on their life. They believe their fate is own by their hand not external. Please don't be supertitious (mi xing) !