SallyComMy

All about breastfeeding

Hi Yvonne,

Instead of buying a bottle sterilizer, I use the food steamer to sterilize the the baby bottle. I find it very convenient and can sterilize around 20 bottles at one time.

For milk warmer, there's a brand call "lucky baby" only around RM89.90.

Hi linlin,

Mind to share with me which brand of steamer u are using? How much it cost? 20 bottles at one time is a lot.. how long u used to steam the bottles?

Where can i buy lucky baby? Cause the cheapest warmer i can find is Snow bear. Sorry for asking too many questions. :)

beibei, u can check on Snowbear warmer too. i m using it now and i found it is quite good and can use in car.

Thanks ogosdream. May i know where u bought it? And how to use in the car?

Is it can fit the Avent or Tommee Tippee Bottles? Cuz these 2 bottles is 'fat' type.

yvonne118,

im considering the Avent Food and Bottle warmer now. As Jusco got 30% off. But havent decided. My mom ll help me to do the confinement. So i wish not to 'san fu' her too much if need to warm the bm. Wt the warmer, she ll be easier.

I ll get the Ameda too if i really need a electric pump later.

beibei,

about the avent warmer, i got the discount voucher from jusco as well but the SA in jusco told me steriliser and warmer not entitle to 30% discount wo. den i asked, but it says 30% discount for normal price item ma, den she say onli applicable to those product with blue sticker wo :rclxub:

august8,

yameh??? alamak!! But that day i went to Jusco Mid Valley the SA didnt told me that. SHe just told me that i need the voucher. And the warmer out of stock so i didnt buy both first. Thinking ll go this sat.

Which Jusco u went?

Hi linlin,

Mind to share with me which brand of steamer u are using? How much it cost? 20 bottles at one time is a lot.. how long u used to steam the bottles?

Where can i buy lucky baby? Cause the cheapest warmer i can find is Snow bear. Sorry for asking too many questions. :)

Hi,

you can buy the warmer from here http://www.babyjaya.com/product_info.php?m...roducts_id=3493. I have not tried it before. Currently I am using mothercare warmer and I leave the warmer with the babysitter. This is to prevent my baby sitter from pouring hot boiling water to the milk just to make the milk warm up faster. At home I don't need a warmer. My baby nurse directly.

I can't remember which brand of steamer. I need to go back home and check it. Any brand food/vegetable steamer will do. I sterlize momslittle ones and medela bottles so the steamer can fit more. If you were to sterilize wide neck bottle like avent, maybe less. I sterilize the bottles for 10 minutes. Usually I will bring back all the bottles from baby sitter place and sterilize it one go at home. This food/vegetable steamer i have been using it for five years already eversince my first child.

august8,

yameh??? alamak!! But that day i went to Jusco Mid Valley the SA didnt told me that. SHe just told me that i need the voucher. And the warmer out of stock so i didnt buy both first. Thinking ll go this sat.

Which Jusco u went?

ya lor, so disappointed. was so happy to saw the 1 and onli set of Avent warmer left so i quickly grab but den wen wanna pay the SA told me not entitle for discount wo. i checked with both jusco tmn. equine and jusco cheras selatan wo.

:dash2:

if u came accoss any other jusco tat have the items and manage to use the discount voucher pls let me know ok ? thanks :smile:

baysiew,

that's one time pump... only happened when i pump 6am in the morning...

usually i pump at 12, 3am and 6am

then 9am..

bei bei,

i'm not using any warmer, i just soak it in the hot water... takes time a bit la..

coz out from fridge straight into hot water... need to change hot water 1-2 times in order to get it warm fast..

i'm thinking to get a warmer... but now not time to survey la

Aishiteru, how's your bb now ? discharge ? hope he is ok..

Wow, u so hardworking to pump every 2 hours !!! BTW, which type of pump u use ? manual or electric operated ? I using Avent pump too, but manual, very tiring ! so most mid night I can't wake to pump...last pump ard 8, 9 or 10 pm and wait til early morning 4 o 5 am to pump again...& I also found that the early morning pump can get more !!! like today I can get 85ml already !!!!! so happy !

BTW, how's your confinement ? so far so good ?

august8,

ok. I think i ll try puchong ioi jusco today right after work.. But i feel like cheated le.. Cuz the voucher written that normal item woh..

Hi, juz would like to share my breastfeedng experience. My breast started to engorge 4th day after delivery and I only managed to pump out abit of colestrum for my bb. Feel like wanna give up at that moment cause the breast so engorged and I have fever. When I keep pumping, nothing much come out. Luckily my hubby was there for me, encouraging me and help to massage the breast with hot towel. It took me 1 hour just to pump out 11/2 oz. From there, my milk production starts to increase. At the moment I am able to pump out on average about 30 oz a day.

Initially, my bb is ok with direct breast feeding. Now he seems to prefer bottle feeding than my breast. Every time when I try to latch him on to my breast, it takes a lot of effort and screaming from him. I guess its easier for him to suck from the bottle. So, I have been giving him EBM now. At times I will still force him to breast feed direct as I feel more bonding. But pity him lor. He will scream and cry for about 5-10 minutes before accepting my breast.

yvonne118,

DKSH will be having sale this weekend. I saw from their pricelist they have steamer for sale - brand MORGAN & the price is RM140.00 if I am not mistaken. I am not sure this is a good brand or not. Maybe you wanna go & have a look?

Allison,

If you wanna try get your boy back to your breast, try not to paksa him ler cos the more you paksa, the more he'll resist. Here is a link for you to read. Hope this will help & fgood luck.

Tips for Getting Baby Back to the Breast

- Try nursing when your baby is asleep or very sleepy, such as during the night or, while napping.

- Vary nursing positions. (see illustrations.) Some babies will refuse to nurse in one position but will take the breast in

another.

- Nurse when in motion.

- Nurse in a quiet, darkened room or a place that is free from distractions.

- Give your baby extra attention and skin-to-skin contact, which can be comforting for both of you.

- When offering the breast, undress to the waist and clothe your baby in just a diaper when ever possible. Use a shawl or

blanket around you if the room is chilly.

- Use a baby sling or a carrier to keep the baby close between attempts to nurse.

- Take warm baths together to soothe.

- Sleep together in order to provide closeness and more opportunities to nurse.

** Tips taken from the above link

janicely,

Ya, i notice the DKSH sale. But such sale usually is very crowded and limited units left. Need to go there early to get the item i want. This sat full of appointments. I will check out in normal eletrical shop instead. Thanks for your info.

august8 and gals,

Just back from Jusco IOI. Very disappointed! August u r right!!! The Avent Sterilizer and the warmer not entitled for the 30% discount. I try to persuade the SA as the voucher written as all normal item mah.. Then the answer i got is that 2 items r Best Buy item. Is not normal item. That's y not entitle 30% off.. :sauer2:

Then i bought Avent Disposable breast pad wt 30% off. only rm35 for 50 pcs. I think is cheap. Cuz pigeon rm36 for 36 pcs only.

Bao B,

no choice leer have to hard working a bit coz i'm direct feeding so scared my milk supply not enough..

then if i dont pump on time later get engorged want to pump lagi susah and pain lor...

I'm using avent electric pump... now i'm searching see got any pump that can handfree or not... hehehe..

my bb discharge liao, but still got jaundice la so every morning have to bring him out for sun bathing...

so far i totally cut off from liquor and only take some ginger...

my left hand numb i also duno why... kinda painful also sometimes.. the numbness as if u soak ur hand into ice water...

august and gals,

hi.. just managed to get some info from hb's fren who know the Avent supplier.

For the Avent Sterilizer got 2 version, 1 is import from UK and 1 from US. Better to get the UK 1. Same price but UK 1 got the brush. And currently the best price is at mom care at RM299

And i heard that The wamer is selling at RM70 at singapore!!!

sorry i think this info is out of the topic liao..

august8 and gals,

Just back from Jusco IOI. Very disappointed! August u r right!!! The Avent Sterilizer and the warmer not entitled for the 30% discount. I try to persuade the SA as the voucher written as all normal item mah.. Then the answer i got is that 2 items r Best Buy item. Is not normal item. That's y not entitle 30% off.. :sauer2:

Then i bought Avent Disposable breast pad wt 30% off. only rm35 for 50 pcs. I think is cheap. Cuz pigeon rm36 for 36 pcs only.

my fren told me pigeon Disposable breast pad is nice to use.. oso, do check out sometimes they have buy 1 free 1, i notice IOI usually put 2 packet of buy 1 free 1 there ... then d rest normal one is at another side..so sometimes ppl didn't notice that..

aishiteru,

i know some selected medela pump can use for handfree. but you'll have to buy the handfree accesories for it.

islandgal,

ya lor. I saw it before at jusco got buy 1 free 1. But didnt saw it just now. And i got 2 frens who recommended piqeon breast pad too

august and gals,

hi.. just managed to get some info from hb's fren who know the Avent supplier.

For the Avent Sterilizer got 2 version, 1 is import from UK and 1 from US. Better to get the UK 1. Same price but UK 1 got the brush. And currently the best price is at mom care at RM299

And i heard that The wamer is selling at RM70 at singapore!!!

sorry i think this info is out of the topic liao..

beibei,

ya lor, me went again to jusco cheras selatan yesterday coz its member day yesterday. met the supplier there, so i asked her about the discount and she says the same thing as well lo, best buy item so no discount wo. i got my steriliser from mom's care as well but how come no brush 1 :rclxub: onli got free 2 bottles.

aishiteru,

i know some selected medela pump can use for handfree. but you'll have to buy the handfree accesories for it.

Only Medela Frestyle can be used as handfree pump (incl all necessary accessories). It's damn expensive - RM2199 retail price and even with discount it's still going for RM1999.

Yvonne, thanks for your info on BM storage...ya play safe, I just keep BM under room temparature for 1 or 2 hours...as my HB help me to surf also told me it can tahan even 10 hours under room temparature with air cond ...

Aishiteru, glad to know ur BB discharge..and back to u ! hope the sun bath helps him recover soon !

oh, can I ask u take how long to pump the quantity u shown the other day ?

I think your hand numb got many causes too beside u said u washing with tap water...just try to find out but try not to wash using tap water again..use boiled warm water, see how is it....

Bao B,

i pump around less than 1 hr for both breast.. but i also did massage my breast when i'm pumping that time..

i not always got that amount.. sometimes only... maybe once a day.. normaly got 3oz only..

mhyap & bunnynwife,

ya lor so expensive leer the medela handfree pump..

the other day when my bb admitted to hosp.

i did tell the doc that i took bromocriptene to stop my milk production

but only took 1 pill, so just to know whether does it affected my bb or not..

according to him it's ok just that my milk supply will be reduce.. so i need to

take another type of meds to increase the milk supply... have u all heard of it before?

he mention the name but i forgot

see this is wat happened when a hard working cow milking around the clock...

hopefully the cow wont get mad cow disease hhehehe...

anyway i got so much stock also becoz night time i feed my bb fm as i'm lazy

to go to the kitchen to get the milk and warm it up...

by the time the milk is ready my bb will be crying non stop liao..

btw i want to ask how long can i keep the milk if i keep it this way?

milk.jpg