autumnlove

Emcee for Wedding Reception

I have the emcee contact for KL & PJ, her charges is RM350+, she is an English accent, quite fun and nice person, understand simple mandarin and cantonese.

May I have the Contact No and also his Name?

Need one for My wedding too :)

Hiya! Most MC can help with organisation of the event flow, etc. However, the couple still need an "idea" regarding how they want the flow of the event to be. At least that's what I feel after MC-ing for many many friends and also MC-ing for others whom I don't know! hehe! However, indeed the MC is the one running the show that night to ensure no hiccups! *smile*

(Unfortunately, I can't MC my own wedding in August 07! haha!)

Anyway, I know of some good MC contacts, for English/Mandarin. If you would like some performance, singing is the most common lor! General pricing for an MC is about RM500-RM1200, depending if they're speaking one language or two languages. With or without performance.

James is an interesting guy who create some "games" during wedding banquet. Very funny indeed! It does help in spicing up the event! (Charge: ~ RM600 - RM1000)

Alternatively, if you've prepared quite a number of slide shows and also speeches, you might want to omit the performances part and just have an MC to help you with the event flow and creating some jokes during the night, Han is a very good speaker, who can bring the "crowd" to an all time high! =D (Charge: RM500 - RM750)

PM me for their contacts.

Cheers!

Hi Dolphina,

Heartiest Congratulations to you!

Could I please have the contact details for James and Han? Are they both fluent in English?

phuiling_c@yahoo.com

Thank you!

hey would appreciate if you could gv me the contact number for James & Han.

looking for MC for wedding dinner.

thx!

Hi all,

My FH and myself were looking for a master of ceremony (emcee cum co-ordinator) for our wedding dinner. We visited a mini bridal fair at Equatorial Hotel last month and my FH had a conversation with one of the invited vendor Alan Wong. He was impressed by his short presentation. We gave him a call after the bridal fair to talk further about what he can do for our wedding banquet.

Alan is very professional and he has whole set of info that needed for a prefect wedding. He knows what works and what doesn't in a wedding. He knows exactly what sort of ideas about how to run it. He contributed lots of suggestion to us. He lead us from A to Z and everthing has turn to simple and easy with his clear explanation and helpful tips.

As our wedding is only less than two months ahead. We were thinking is it too late to engage him. But as what I always like to say, "It's never too early to prepare, never too late to execute." We decided to have him as our master of ceremony. He'll not only host the ceremony on that evening, he'll also be part of the 2piece band (keyboard and saxophone). Also, he will enhance the ballroom's sound system with a better quality speaker, providing smoke machine during bride&froom march-in, etc...

Although we have not work with him before, but with the pleasant conversation and all the testimonials from his website. We are very confident that he'll be able to make our event a very interesting one with lots of fun and laughter for everyone there on that evening.

As most of our guests are Chinese (atleast 95%), we were initially concerned about the language barrier. Alan speaks very good English but simple Cantonese, we are just concern that our guests might not be able to catch up with his powerful english. But after we had a meeting with him yesterday, we realized that he actually willingly to bring himself down to a level which everyone would easily understand the simple english that he's saying. I find that this is very important for a succesful emcee. Cause there's not point if you can host very well but the crowd don't understand what are you trying to say at all!

My FH and me feel very release after we met up with Alan, because we know we have found the right person to arrange and co-ordinate our Wedding banquet. We can enjoy and have fun on that evening!! Hurray!!

I urge couples outhere who are still considering whether to spend that amount of money to hire a an emcee or not, you can consider Alan. He is very friendly and been flexible to adapt to our needs and requirement. And he has the full set of ideas and infos to a perfect wedding after he host more than 400 wedding events!

Alan's contact -6012-313 6500

his website: www.wong.net.my

All the best to you along your preparation~ ^_^

Cheers~~

hi, the whole package cost us RM2800, which included a master of ceremony, a two piece band, smoke machine during march in, sound system. You may try to bargain for a better deal, especially it's now quite an off-peak season for wedding(lunar july).

all the best to you. :)

cheers~

Hi ALL,

Sorry for my disappearance, been busy with my wedding and also honeymoon. Just got back online few days ago.

Han's contact for MC is 012-3750288 (fluent in both mandarin/english). If you have hired a band, he can sing few songs for you too! He has got a lovely voice. Although compared to Alan, he is less experience, however it's also nice to have some new kid on the block to host your event with fresh ideas and new jokes, don't you think? For his service, you pay around RM800 for bilingual service + a song or two.... If you require co-ordinator on the day itself (also someone to plan the programme flow for you if you do not have a wedding planner), extra service can be provided for additional RM350.

For James, his speciality is to play some entertaining games on stage, inviting some of the sporting guests to join him. Very entertaining guy, only speaks English. Charges less than RM1k too. Phone number is 012-2093130. Only basic coordinating service will be provided, you still need to have a floor manage to oversee everything.

Good Luck to those of you planning wedding, it's GREAT fun!

By the way, with regards to the "smoke machine" that Alan provides.... You might want to consider having something else instead, e.g. bubble machine or something.... I had my march-in with smoke machine, and I felt suffocating... It didn't give a grand feeling honestly! I had two weddings, the one without the smoke machine but a lovely carpet roll-out was much much better! (Me and hubby walk, while the two waiter roll-out the carpet in front of us.... felt like royalty! hehe!)

Also, for photography purpose, the smoke machine does not help either! Photographers would much prefer without the smoke.... For the photograph of the PERFECT MOMENT!

But yes, Alan is very experience, thus his charges is considered reasonable!

Anyway, just my two cents....

Cheers!

Hi ALL,

Sorry for my disappearance, been busy with my wedding and also honeymoon. Just got back online few days ago.

Han's contact for MC is 012-3750288 (fluent in both mandarin/english). If you have hired a band, he can sing few songs for you too! He has got a lovely voice. Although compared to Alan, he is less experience, however it's also nice to have some new kid on the block to host your event with fresh ideas and new jokes, don't you think? For his service, you pay around RM800 for bilingual service + a song or two.... If you require co-ordinator on the day itself (also someone to plan the programme flow for you if you do not have a wedding planner), extra service can be provided for additional RM350.

For James, his speciality is to play some entertaining games on stage, inviting some of the sporting guests to join him. Very entertaining guy, only speaks English. Charges less than RM1k too. Phone number is 012-2093130. Only basic coordinating service will be provided, you still need to have a floor manage to oversee everything.

Good Luck to those of you planning wedding, it's GREAT fun!

By the way, with regards to the "smoke machine" that Alan provides.... You might want to consider having something else instead, e.g. bubble machine or something.... I had my march-in with smoke machine, and I felt suffocating... It didn't give a grand feeling honestly! I had two weddings, the one without the smoke machine but a lovely carpet roll-out was much much better! (Me and hubby walk, while the two waiter roll-out the carpet in front of us.... felt like royalty! hehe!)

Also, for photography purpose, the smoke machine does not help either! Photographers would much prefer without the smoke.... For the photograph of the PERFECT MOMENT!

But yes, Alan is very experience, thus his charges is considered reasonable!

Anyway, just my two cents....

Cheers!

hi Dolphina,

thank you for your feedback.

I am happy with the package cause RM2800 I got an experienced Emcee and co-ordinator, sound systems enhanced, 2piece band throughout dinner, and also smoke machine during march in.

As I have a church wedding on the 15th, will be using the bubble machine. So would like to try smoke machine. But will take your advice into consideration.

thanks again for your input. :rolleyes:

cheers~ :lol:

hi YLC & Jiun,

ello...unfortunately, my AD in Penang , this emcee from Penang... can PM me if ur AD in PG as well, i will pass u his contact, have another two emcee contact as well, if u r looking for mandarin speaker, charges is more cheaper, RM150 only.

let me know ya...

hey...u plan to engage wt the emcee in Tesco to be ur emcee during ur AD ah??

How come english rm 300 and mandarin rm 150 niah....??

wink.gif

Tesco near my hse only..possible i can have a look.... tongue.gif

Hi friend, u mentioned the chinese MC just RM150? May i knw where's the MC come from can i hv the contact?

hi YLC & Jiun,

ello...unfortunately, my AD in Penang , this emcee from Penang... can PM me if ur AD in PG as well, i will pass u his contact, have another two emcee contact as well, if u r looking for mandarin speaker, charges is more cheaper, RM150 only.

let me know ya...

hey...u plan to engage wt the emcee in Tesco to be ur emcee during ur AD ah??

How come english rm 300 and mandarin rm 150 niah....??

wink.gif

Tesco near my hse only..possible i can have a look.... tongue.gif

I will be having my AD in Penang also... Can I have the contacts?? Thanks :)

Hi, I'm interested, mind to share?

Best Regards

Sylvia

Hi ! autumnlove!!

wah , ur name got romantic feel leh ! :P

is ur wedding banquet in KL ?

my wedding dinner hired 2 MC, 1 girl & 1 guy.They are quite good !

This is include my package with a sound system company which incharged the whole night's performance.

if u interested , pm me! :)

when is ur AD? where?

;)

Dear all,

I would like to introduce my AD wedding dinner emcee, William Lee. He is a professional bilingual emcee. He is fluent in many languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese and so on. He is a good-looking guy, and had years of experience organizing and emceeing for many charitable events, concerts, wedding dinners, press conferences, company annual dinners etc.

For those who are searching for a friendly, easy-going and sincere emcee, I'm pretty sure William will fit the bill! Please PM me for his contact details. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Caley

Hi wendy,

he is from KL. i think JB is not a problem for him. please PM me if u need the contact no.

Thank you.

Regards,

Caley

hi, caley, ur this emcee is frm where??cos i frm JB n so my wedding dinner will be at JB too....

Dear all,

I would like to introduce my AD wedding dinner emcee, William Lee. He is a professional bilingual emcee. He is fluent in many languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese and so on. He is a good-looking guy, and had years of experience organizing and emceeing for many charitable events, concerts, wedding dinners, press conferences, company annual dinners etc.

For those who are searching for a friendly, easy-going and sincere emcee, I'm pretty sure William will fit the bill! Please PM me for his contact details. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Caley

Dear all,

Regards,

Caley

Hi ALL,

I have used WILLIAM as my wedding dinner emcee too. And many guests are impressed!

Please allow me to share my personal encounter here.

Our wedding banquet of 63 tables was during weekday. In our Wedding Invitation Card, it written that we will start our dinner at 8pm. According to the experienced manager, she thinks we won't be able to start anytime earlier than 8.30pm.

We have WILLIAM LEE and Alan Wong as our dinner emcee and co-ordinator. Also, we have a two piece band performance.

That evening, at 7.45pm, hubby and myself were busy welcoming guests. As more than 85% guests have arrived, so we decided to start at 8.10pm. William came and remind me to change into march in gown at 7.55pm. He didn't just give a reminder and leave, but he make sure I go to changing room on time and have great communication with Alan, who is preparing the video montage before march in.

Everything went smooth, the march in, cake cutting, dish presentation...

During the band performance and before the third dish came up, William came to remind me to change another gown for champagne pouring.

When I came out in my evening gown with hubby, William told us we are early, so we decided to do toasting table to table for few tables. William has been very professional, he followed us and time us (tell us how many minutes more we have to be back to the main table).

Also, he has been so thoughtful to take an initiative to dilute red wine for us.

There are many more little things that he has done that make hubby and me feel very greatful to him.

Although our wedding is over for about 2months, but everytime when we think back what he has done for us, we are still very touched! He has do all these beyond what an emcee do. He is so sincere, helpful and thoughtful.

William is also very adaptive. Although this is the first time he works with Alan, but they have make a flawless event. Even Alan, being a professional emcee who has host more than 400 weddings, rated our banquet a 10/10. He complimented William is very professional and easy to work with.

Few girl friends actually ask for William's contact from me. He is too good looking! Especially those who look for "white horse prince" type, William is the one! Haa... :D

Our dinner ended by 10pm. Many guests were happy with the puncture timing. I think I would definatley have to give this credit to the wedding team. Without them, I am sure our dinner will start sometime around 8.45pm like many other wedding dinners. Even during weekend, most of the wedding dinner won't start any earlier than 8.30pm if you notice.

for groom and bride to be, All the best along ur wedding preparation journey. There are some budget we can constraint. but after our wedding dinner, hubby and myself are very glad that we spent that amount of money and have got such a perfect team to help us in our wedding dinner. So that we can have a peaceful mind throughout the dinner and enjoy being a super star that night! Worth every single penny!

That's all my sharing. thank you for ur time. :D

Cheers~ :)

Help!! I need an emcee for my wedding! besides alan (booked already, hans, james (only speaks english) and william (booked already), is there anyone else that someone can recommend? I need someone who can speaks english and cantonese..

at my wit's end. :(

Hi wendy jia,

i already sent the info to ur mail box...please check it up.

Regards,

Caley

caley,can pm me his details???tks in advance...

Hi may wong,

i already sent all the info to ur mailbox. please check it up.

thank you.

regards,

caley

May I know how much is this Williamm charging? really working under very tight budget here...

Im having it at tropicana as well....

hi there. i'm new to this forum.

dont know if you're still looking for an emcee but... my boyfriend.... erm, now fiance (ha ha!) does emceeing for weddings and corporate functions. he speaks fluent english and cantonese and is known for his fun and humourous style of emceeing.

too bad he cant be our own emcee for our OWN wedding! tongue.gif so are you still interested?

Hi Joonie,

Read that your hubby is doing emcee service, do you mind how much he charge for the service for wedding dinner. TQ.

Hi caley,

Can you please email me his contacts and his charges? My email address is rosayee@hotmail.com

Thanks alot :)

Dear all,

Regards,

Caley

Hi rosayee,

Please check ur email. The info was sent to ur mailbox.

Thank you.

Regards,

Caley

Hi caley,

Can you please email me his contacts and his charges? My email address is rosayee@hotmail.com

Thanks alot :)

Dear all,

Regards,

Caley

Hi all. I need an affordable emcee who can speak well in cantonese and english? Does anyone of you can recommend to me. My wedding is on November in KL.

Thanks.