meiteoh

Resources (books, websites, etc)

Hi there ladies and gents...mummies-to-be and so forth...

I was surfing the web for some podcasts (for my iTunes downloads) and came across a very interesting one which I think will benefit all mums-to-be. It prompted me to start up a resources thread on parenthood and pregnancy. Basically, I'm looking for recommendations for books, articles, online sites, blogs and podcasts for anything related to parenting and baby care...even health is welcomed! I'll add it to the list below!

No business sites though, k?

PREGNANCY

This includes pre-pregnancy, breastfeeding, birthing, health and even shopping tips...anything related to having a bump!

Books

What To Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg, Sandee Hathaway

Dr. Miriam Stoppard's New Pregnancy and Birth Book by Miriam Dr Stoppard

Website

www.babycenter.com

Podcast

PregTASTIC Online Radio

CHILD CARE & DEVELOPMENT

For the parent with toddlers and babies already delivered by the stork!

Books

The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two by William Sears, Martha Sears, Robert Sears, and James Sears

Asian Parenting Today by Jennifer Hor, Hoi Ai Ling and Jocelyn Oo

实用育儿百科宝典

让孩子做主 by 小巫

Website

www.babycenter.com

www.brillbaby.com

Breastfeeding Links

Dr Jack Newman - The Birth Den

Kelly Mom

La Leche League International

Breastfeeding.com

Breastfeeding Videos

Breastfeeding Babies Channel

Baby Wearing

Wear Your Baby

Malaysian Babywearers

The Babywearer

Parenting

Ask Dr Sears

Dr Jay Gordon

IParenting - Baby & Toddler Channel

Last updated: 11 March 2009

i would like to recommend these book : Asian Parenting Today, Price RM39.90..

Book Description : This book was born from numerous requests by parents with whom we have worked over the past decade to publish a book that specifically addresses the issues and concerns of Asian parents today and its addresses many of the very common childcare issues that parents today face, with special emphasis on and respect to Asian cultural beliefs and practices.

Author:

Jennifer Hor; Ho Ai Ling; Jocelyn Oo

Publisher:

Rhino Press

I received this book from my fren as a gift after i gave birth.. its quite a good book for new mummy n daddy..

Hi all mothers-to-be,

I am 34 weeks pregnant and would like to share these resources:

Book

- Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize (can be purchased at Canaanland - Christian bookstore @ RM26.90)

Book Description: Supernatural Childbirth is a practical and realistic look at God's promises for conception, pregnancy and delivery. This is not "pie-in-the-sky" - this is a personal testimony of how one couple overcame defeat and triumphed in God's plan! Jackie Mize had been told she could never have children. However, by unlocking powerful truths and dynamic faith principles she and her husband, Terry, found in the Bible, they now have four miracle children! This exciting book shares with you these truths and faith principles.

Website

- Next Generation Parenting http://NextGenParenting.com

I just bought Asian Parenting Today for RM 33.90 and now am planning to get the below book. Have anyone read this book before? Is it a good book?

Title : The Complete Book Of Natural Pregnancy And Childcare Conceiving, Giving Birth, And Raising Your Child The Way Nature Intended, From Birth To Age 5 - An Essential Companion Guide For Every Parent And Carer

Author : Kim Davies, Anne Charlish, Sara Lewis

Publisher : Anness Publishing

Title : The Complete Book Of Natural Pregnancy And Childcare Conceiving, Giving Birth, And Raising Your Child The Way Nature Intended, From Birth To Age 5 - An Essential Companion Guide For Every Parent And Carer

Author : Kim Davies, Anne Charlish, Sara Lewis

Publisher : Anness Publishing

Hey.., I got this book, costed RM29.90 from MPH. Quite extensive with lots of pics. I read it together with my bb, she loves the pics. :D

Hi all,

For those pregnant moms, I'd like to recommend a book on pre-parenting.

The title is The Secret Life of The Unborn Child (by Thomas Verny)

ISBN: 9780440505655

The review says that a newborn is born with a memory of its birth process. So when the baby reach his/her talking age, he/she would be able to tell you how was the birthing process. For those who were born thru caesarean, some toddlers were able to tell that the exp is like coming out of a zipped bag or an opening.

Also, the book teaches how mothers can encourage learning to the unborn babies. Even to the characters shaping.

I'm getting a copy from Kinokuniya. It costs RM69.09

I would like to recommend this book "Asian Parenting Today" by Jennifer Hor, Ho Ai Ling & Jocelyn Oo. I got this as present in full moon. Most of the books are written for western culture, except this book fully clear the doubt of Asian/Malaysian questions. There are Q&A session which is easy to read and understand.

Hi I have developed a website for early childhood education which consist of basic knowledge (more academic based), recipes for baby and children and parenting skills too. here is the site http://sites.google.com/site/earlychildhooddiscovery/

Let me know whether you find it useful or not. I am still constructing, there is always so much to share.

I would like to recommend this book "Asian Parenting Today" by Jennifer Hor, Ho Ai Ling & Jocelyn Oo.

i would recommend this book too as its writting base on our asian culture & it has all the info..its only RM39.90 if not mistaken.

Hi I have developed a website for early childhood education which consist of basic knowledge (more academic based), recipes for baby and children and parenting skills too. here is the site http://sites.google.com/site/earlychildhooddiscovery/

Let me know whether you find it useful or not. I am still constructing, there is always so much to share.

Hi to all mummy, due to popularity among friends I have decided to purchase a domain name for my website (easier for people to remember). Here is my website http://www.earlychildhooddiscovery.com (it is linked to the google site that I posted above). Hope you will find what you need about early childhood education.

Hi all,

HB and I have been reading to prepare ourselves for pregnancy. We bought a few books, and this particular one is really good.

Your pregnancy Week By Week - What to expect from conception to birth

Author : Lesley Regan, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (she's also a mother to twins).

While its quite pricey, I think its chock full of information and also has a section on miscarriages, and what one should know about it. She has also written a few other books on miscarriage.

As I bought the above-mentioned book in the UK, I'm not sure if they have it in Malaysian bookstores. You can buy it from Amazon though.

Highly recommended. :)

Hmm seem like asian parenting is really recommended here, ok i shall get a copy then.

Er any book on what to eat during pregnancy and stay fit?

Yah, that book is very good.

Err.. thought you already delivered? You pregnant again?

Hi,

For early childhood education, I have some experience to share. I use glenn doman flash card to teach my baby when she is 2 months old until now.

She is able to read when she is 7 months. And now she can start to read Peter and Jane, she is only 18 months now.

Amazing teaching method!

Hi Yunny!

It's amazing!

Where can i find the source?

Is there any seminar to attend?

Hi,

For early childhood education, I have some experience to share. I use glenn doman flash card to teach my baby when she is 2 months old until now.

She is able to read when she is 7 months. And now she can start to read Peter and Jane, she is only 18 months now.

Amazing teaching method!