amyho3

> Choosing BS Criteria / Factors to consider when choosing BS

agree with mhyap1. if you're comparing at packages level only, most of the basic package starts from 2688 onwards. and of course the ones which are more famous tends to ask for a higher price compared to those which are not so famous.

if you're comparing at the total cost u have to pay in the end, then sky is the limit!

jacq, what i'd suggest to do is to see some of the ps of the btb here. then u'd roughly have a choice. also, when choosing bs, please consider the fact that you'd actually need to do about 6-7 trips to the bs.

1. sign up package
  2. gown fitting
  3. ps
  4. choose photo
  5. view album layout and confirm (u might need another day if design is not satisfactory)
  6. gown fitting for AD (if done on another day)
  7. collect AD gown and stuffs
  8. return gown

so location is vy important. unless u dont mind the hassle of travelling. so once u have choice in mind, go and have a look at their shop, gowns and a feel of services. also prepare beforehand, a list of the items you'd like to have, eg no of poses in albums, no of albums, etc. if there's any package by the bs that look similar, u can nego with them based on their package. else, u can ask them to quote you based on your list. if you have plenty of time till your AD, shortlist the bs that u'd sign up with and wait for the bridal fair. that's the best time to grab as much goodies as possible. hope it helps! B)

Hi Brides-2-be,

Am scouting for BS too, its a tiring job, but is fun. Hv not decide on which one yet. So far have seen 2. Big contrast. Most will persuade u to sign on the spot and give discount. But I will look at their professionalism and the way the 'consultant' talk. Bridal gowns are impt too, cos i dun like fancy fancy one, prefer more simple and elegant type. Look into their past records, photo shooting, angle and lightings.

And if possible talk to the MUA and PG, to get a better understanding. Its all about communicating what u want during the PS. When u walk into a BS, observe and check out if there are any customer, couple taking shootings and MUA in progress. All this are clues in selecting ur BS.

Hopefully I can engage the same PG for my AD.

Oh yeah, reading forums in this website helps too, cos its sharing experiences!

Good luck!

lemon :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just wanna share something about my experience.

I oso signed up with the 1st BS i visited, but i've gone through some samples in this forum b4 i shortlist a few. I even show the samples to my FH then only we decide which BS to go 1st.

In fact i went to exhibition at Mid Valley in Oct. We got the offer at booth but not too satisfactory, so we try our luck in their shop on next day. Surprisingly, they offer us more things and discount. Of coz it's from different SA. So i think sometimes it really depends on luck. SA do matters. She's friendly and I think would be happy working wif her.

After reading this thread only i found that i forgot to clarify few things; like photos in CD is design or original. Fingercross the end result is wat i wish to have. ^_^

Happy searching!

i just would like to add one thing here.

from my own experience, and also information gathered from all my frens tt had already did their PS, it seems like at the beginning stage, from signing up till PS session, the BS are very nice and helpful. once the PS is completed, from the discussion of the topping up during the photo selection onwards, till the collection of album, returning of gown, things tend to turn the other way round.

most of my frens used to say, before PS one kind, after PS completely one kind.

hmm.. this is a very subjective question... every BS offer different things for the same price... some BS can offer loads of stuff but their photography is so so nia... and vice versa...

I signed up with a BS last month and I would like to get some ideas from all of the experts here.. :)

1) I didn't want the hand bouquet cos I'm not going to chut mun in M'sia and get them to top up my chi muis photos from 36pcs (3 poses) to 80pcs (8 poses). After much thinking of it, I realised that I was stupid to offer such replacement! So I was thinking of asking them to give me corsage for my and FH family and to give me extra 20pcs (2 poses) chi mui photos. Does this reasonable?

2) I don't want the car decor as well cos again not chut mun in M'sia. So they replaced with free family shooting (8-12 poses) and out of the poses, they will free 1 x 8R photos for us w/o the frame. Only photo. I come to think again, how can the price of the car decor compared to 1 silly 8R photo? Any suggestion of what to ask for my compensation?

3) They reluctant to return CDR after touch up! :( I have 50 poses in total. 30 poses on digital and 20 poses on full page. BS said either I pick 30 poses touch up or all w/o touch up. I've reluctantly accepted it and now regreted! So, I'll ask them to make sure CDR is returned to me after touch up. Psst, I recommended my friend there and she signed up last week. They offer CDR after touch up for her! Fook!

4) DVD (Slideshow): They only allow me to choose 30 poses out of 50 poses to be inserted into the slideshow and with only 1 song. My friend get to put up to 40 poses into the slideshow! So I wanna get them to put in ALL 50 poses into the slideshow with 2 songs!!!

5) My big photo size is 16" x 40". Bcos I don't want it that big, they replaced me with a medium one (can't remember the size) and 2 small one (12R or 10R, can't remember). Guess what? My friend has 16" x 40" and on top of that, they free her 2 small photo in 8R! *all photos is with frame* How come I don't have free??? :(

I think and think until wanna go crazy already! I got so little extra thing out of my package. Pls tell me what can I ask for more. I'm going for fitting early Dec.. So your speedy reply is much appreciated.. :)

Btw, my friend's package is cheaper than mine.

I signed up with a BS last month and I would like to get some ideas from all of the experts here.. :)

1) I didn't want the hand bouquet cos I'm not going to chut mun in M'sia and get them to top up my chi muis photos from 36pcs (3 poses) to 80pcs (8 poses). After much thinking of it, I realised that I was stupid to offer such replacement! So I was thinking of asking them to give me corsage for my and FH family and to give me extra 20pcs (2 poses) chi mui photos. Does this reasonable?

2) I don't want the car decor as well cos again not chut mun in M'sia. So they replaced with free family shooting (8-12 poses) and out of the poses, they will free 1 x 8R photos for us w/o the frame. Only photo. I come to think again, how can the price of the car decor compared to 1 silly 8R photo? Any suggestion of what to ask for my compensation?

3) They reluctant to return CDR after touch up! :( I have 50 poses in total. 30 poses on digital and 20 poses on full page. BS said either I pick 30 poses touch up or all w/o touch up. I've reluctantly accepted it and now regreted! So, I'll ask them to make sure CDR is returned to me after touch up. Psst, I recommended my friend there and she signed up last week. They offer CDR after touch up for her! Fook!

4) DVD (Slideshow): They only allow me to choose 30 poses out of 50 poses to be inserted into the slideshow and with only 1 song. My friend get to put up to 40 poses into the slideshow! So I wanna get them to put in ALL 50 poses into the slideshow with 2 songs!!!

5) My big photo size is 16" x 40". Bcos I don't want it that big, they replaced me with a medium one (can't remember the size) and 2 small one (12R or 10R, can't remember). Guess what? My friend has 16" x 40" and on top of that, they free her 2 small photo in 8R! *all photos is with frame* How come I don't have free??? :(

I think and think until wanna go crazy already! I got so little extra thing out of my package. Pls tell me what can I ask for more. I'm going for fitting early Dec.. So your speedy reply is much appreciated.. :)

Dear Angela,

Can I know which BS you have signed up with?

Lamb

Dear Angela,

Can I know which BS you have signed up with?

Lamb

Hi Lamb. One of the BS in SS2. :)

Hi Angela,

Well don't compare that much, the more you compare the more heartache u gonna feel. Anyway, since they do give your fren more freebies, maybe you can check with your friend if she mind you quoting her or not... if not... then just talk to the BS nicely. Tell them also you have few frens in local and overseas planning to get married and is asking you for your recommendation after your wedding.. so just talk to them and try ur best lor~

But i did went to 1 BS and the PIC did admit to me this fact "b4 paying deposit, everything also can be discussed. once paid, that's it!" :P but I read from the forum that a lot of the other forumer managed to get more things even after they pay for the deposit. So you can always try to talk to them.

Some friends told me that if we walk in will get 'kill one piece-piece'...is that true?

really afraid choose wrong BS la....like previous member said....That SA starting will treat u very nice...but maybe when choose the photo and they must persuade us to top up...if we did, of course they will happy till we complete. But if we didn't...hehehehe....see......their look will turn like 'pian lian'.

ai...is that we need to pray more.....hahah

Hi! i got trouble choosing the bridal studio.( france taipei, touch, taipei taipan, citi image & gtc)

anyone real share me ur pre-wedding photo?

how much package taking n total paid of the package?

how the bridal service?

thanks!

this is my email-address: mayall0621@hotmail.com

hey,

i signed up with venice-loke yew.. took the 3988 package..before we paid for the 3988 package,my hubby asked if they cld let me try on the gown..they let me tried few really nice gowns,love them! so we paid the deposit..and went back to choose gown on the 2nd day, then only they told us that the gowns i tried on the 1st day were all designer wear which are not included in my package..kinda felt cheated but who to blame but ourselves being too careless...(as we live overseas,need to rush thgs up)

however,the sales person is quite nice..managed to negotiate from 50poses+5mv to 55poses+10mv..60sister photos to 100 and plus 1 designer gown,and some bits and pieces lke music box,plated gold certificate annd stuff..

will be taking the shoots in may,2008..looking forwad to update u guys on the service!

P/s: quote klamman: "try negotiate to pay atleast 20% when u take album" - Good tips! ..haha! we had to sign a contract saying that we will pay full amount on the shooting day itself..so gals, do not hesitate to ask for more before u place any deposit/signing the contract! cox once deposit placed,we lose our fun or right to bargain! ;)

hey,

i signed up with venice-loke yew.. took the 3988 package..before we paid for the 3988 package,my hubby asked if they cld let me try on the gown..they let me tried few really nice gowns,love them! so we paid the deposit..and went back to choose gown on the 2nd day, then only they told us that the gowns i tried on the 1st day were all designer wear which are not included in my package..kinda felt cheated but who to blame but ourselves being too careless...(as we live overseas,need to rush thgs up)

however,the sales person is quite nice..managed to negotiate from 50poses+5mv to 55poses+10mv..60sister photos to 100 and plus 1 designer gown,and some bits and pieces lke music box,plated gold certificate annd stuff..

will be taking the shoots in may,2008..looking forwad to update u guys on the service!

P/s: quote klamman: "try negotiate to pay atleast 20% when u take album" - Good tips! ..haha! we had to sign a contract saying that we will pay full amount on the shooting day itself..so gals, do not hesitate to ask for more before u place any deposit/signing the contract! cox once deposit placed,we lose our fun or right to bargain! ;)

Need to add more things nowaday, check how long they have been in business also because lately there are a few cases where BS just Vanish after taking full payment and PS

Hi mayall & gals,

Ive selected City Image during the bridal fair early March.

Ive actually visited to the BS long before signed up for the package during the fair.

As when i visited them in their BS, the SA serves well and kind of friendly and helpful.She promotes the package and explain very clearly although she knew that we wont sign up at that moment.

In the bridal fair, another SA who serves me was kind of friendly and honestly too. hehe ... FINALLY, i signed up with them! Althought it seems like not much ppl discuss about City Image over here, but i think their service/gowns was good enough for me.

I was only worried about their make up technique and photo shooting technique.Anyone who have experience with City Image ? pls share with me in hueyling6006@yahoo.com !

SUMMARY : Good service is very important for me.

Photo shooting/make up technique is important for me too ! ;)

Hi, gals.

Based on your experience, may I know what are the points you consider in choosing a BS?

Is it important to select one that is near to your house?

Pls. share. Thanks!

hihi xiuli,

my package is RM3588

so paiseh tat i cant remember all la...wat i remember is on PS i got 8 gown,AD got 3 gown,30poses in big album,n another 20 poses in small album(diff poses),24 x 36 pic flame,n so on..

hi yee

may i know how did u choose ur big day ?

by feng shui master or u just simply refer the calendar

i am choosing the date now, dun know which date is good .... but, i wish in may 09 .. any idea ?

i sign up at LV, SS2...u might check my package details at this LV forum oh...

oh ya..when is ur AD oh??next year oso??

Hi AmyHo3,

For my opinion, the BS not neccessary near to our house.

The most important is you able to find ur lovely gowns in that BS and the services they provide is good n nice enuf.

If not, you will get a big headache after signed-up. :P

Besides that, of course the package that the BS offered to you is worth.

You can browse through the threads inside the forum. You can get lot of info about the BS on their gowns la, services la ... PG la, SA ATTITUDE la .. n bla bla bla ....

anyway, think properly before sign-up with any BS ... :)

Good Luck ya .....

hi, i'm a new member here. I have just signed up w a BS. but the payment schedule is so unreasonable coz they requested me to settle full payment during selection of design. the BS said it is the rule used by all BS ..Is it true that all BS also follow this payment schedule?

dear member here,

do u think i need to survey the package right now since my wedding will b next year Nov?

PLS advice~

hihi siewhui,

my AD is next year DEC,but i've sign up oledi lor.. :P

and u know wat...d BS tat i sign up is d 1st BS tat v for survey oh..n v like thier style so v jus sign up lor..overall v jus go surveyr 1 BS only but i did take opinion from my fren n oso thru this forum oh.. :rolleyes:

hi, do u mind to tell me the BS's name that u signed?

Dear All,

I have signed up a apackage before I sign up for this forum. A bit regret that I should have signed up here before hand.

Anyone of u have the ecperience of bargaining after sign up the wedding package? Please kindly share with me. Really apprecaite it.

Many thanks.

hey,

hi

i aslo signed the venice and also take the shoots at may'08

Dear All,

I have signed up a apackage before I sign up for this forum. A bit regret that I should have signed up here before hand.

Anyone of u have the ecperience of bargaining after sign up the wedding package? Please kindly share with me. Really apprecaite it.

Many thanks.

hi

can i know which bridal u selected