smurf

How Fast Do You Lose The Weight You Gained During Pregnancy

i think i am the champion, appetite too good :dash2:

Weight Gained : 26kg

Weight Lost 1 day after deliver : 5kg (normal delivery)

Weight Lost after 30 days confinement : another 1kg (eat a lot during confinement by forced)

Weight Lost after 2 months : another 5kg

Weight Lost after 4 months : another 9kg

after 6 months: 2kg

total weight lost : 22kg (still 4kg to go!)

now bb is 11 months, i am still bf.

Exercise: None

Weight Gained : 19 kg

Weight Loss After 1 Month : 11 Kg

Weight Loss After 3 Months :3 kg

Exercise : try my best to spend at least 15mins everyday on uRobic machine, else play rattan hu-la hop + sit up & angkat kaki at least 10 times each b4 bed (provided i still have energy on that day)

Now is 3 mths+, still have 5 kg to go. the fat are really stubborn on my tummy n waist area, and my upper body is bigger than pre-pregnancy, really hate it a lot! im breastfeeding and i control my diet, donno why the weight still cannot go down??!!

I couldn't remember the exact number but during the first 6 months when I was bf-ing exclusively I lost all my pregnancy weight which was abt 25kg and even more. I was about 55kg before I got preggy, and I was 50kg when Ashley turned 7 months old. But the weight loss was because I had a wedding to be busied with and I exercised by lifting light weights and walking around the field. But UNFORTUNATELY after the wedding I gained weight like crazy! Now I have to lose about 15kg urgh!

Anyway thumbs up for all those who has successfully shed their pregnancy weight and for those who are still working hard on it, all the best! You can do it! :lol:

Weight Gained : 18kg

Weight Lost After 2 months: 14kg

Weight loss after 6 months: 18kg

Inches : Didn't measure but can fit in all my pants, jeans and skirt.

Exercise : None

Reason of weight loss: breastfeeding and lack of sleep. But I still wish to loose 2kg more. I still eat like nobody business as if I'm still preggy. 5 meals per day. 3 main meals 2 tea time. No choice, feel hunry very fast..

Mabel,

I find working in office (if work doesn't require much walking and is based in the office) can slow down the weight loss cause sitting in front of computer all day long..

Wow.., jealous!

Actually I am at lost on how I should measure myself, since I hadn't even lost the weight from 1st pregnancy, then got pregnant again. But overall,

1st pregnancy Weight Gained : 15 kg

Weight Loss After 3 Months : 10 kg

2nd pregnancy Weight Gained (On top of 1st pregnancy weight gained that I haven't shed off) : 12 kg

Weight Loss After 3 Months : 10 kg

To go back to my pre-pregnancy weight, still another 7 kgs to go. But seems like it just stubbornly refused to go off. And I cannot fit in to my shirt + jeans anymore. So sad~~

Escudo, you're not the only one leh...I have about 4 to 4.5 kg left, I think. Managed to lose a bit - am happy to note that I drop one pant size! - since I started watching what I eat and my yoga but it's slow progress.

Well.., luckily I am losing the fats (or water?) from my thigh and arms, but tummy bits by bits, slowly and painfully. :rclxub: I supposed I need to bind my tummy to keep from sagging.

Wow everyone seems to have very good achievements! As for me...

Weight gained : 23kgs

Weight lost after 2 weeks : 11 kgs

The rest still pending....

Exercise : None as I went for c-sec

Haven't tried fitting back into my old jeans coz I can still see that my ass is HUGE! So are my thighs.. wanna cry already!

diana, don't worry.. u will shed it off pretty soon.

as for me, c-sect :

Weight Gained : 15 kg

Weight lost after delivered : 6kg

Weight Lost After 1 Month : 11kg

Weight Lost After 3 Months : 14kg

Weight Lost After 4 Months : 15.5kg

Total weight loss = all :)

exercise : none. haha working + breastfeeding = no time for anything else :P

but tummy part is still flabby. :(

wow, looks like majority succeeded in losing the pregnancy weight.... that's great as i've already gained 16 kgs at 7th month... hope i can be as lucky as you gals...

btw, could this weight lose be affected by the food we take during confinement? my friend's mom told me to avoid 'sweet rice wine' during the 1st 12 days and plain water (even for cooking).... anyone has any idea?

Plain water has no calories and in fact, drinking more water helps to reduce water retention. :P

thats interesting meiteoh, a lot of ppl say drinking a lot of water after delivery causes water retention.. LOL

also according to my mom's 'pantang', drinking a lot of water during confinement causes the tummy to remain bloated

Hmm..you should drink more water during confinement coz all the confinement food that you consume's really heaty so if you don't have enough fluid then it'll lead to constipation. Plus if you're breastfeeding it's always good to drink more water. Just my 2 cents :smile:

Garezma, for me, I drank 5 L of water because I was BFing. It's important to drink heaps of water when you're breastfeeding as breastmilk is 80% water! Usually if diet is one of the culprits behind low BM, it's often specifically lack of water... :(

yea agree with the rest here, drink lots of water/liquid to maintain the BM supply and also to reduce heat.

if not, drink lots of red dates water.

what are the benefits of red dates water?

how to prepare it?

hmm..... lotsa confinement pantang i was told... one of them is plain water... usually red-dates water is consumed instead of plain water during confinement bcoz it's believed that plain water is too cooling and like qarezma said, it makes one's tummy bloated, even after confinement... that's why for most of the people i know, red-date water will be the substitute for plain water till at least 3rd week of confinement...

Red dates water is supposed to help replenish the iron supply in your system BUT note, it didn't work for me. I was drinking tons of the stuff for a week at the hospital and when I was discharged, they told me that I had mild anaemia and I had to take supplement iron pills. T.T

Just go to any Chinese herbal store and tell them that you want to boil some red dates water for confinement. They'll pack it and give you instructions. :)

almost everyone can lost back all the weight eh..good, it gives me inspiration! :)

total weight gained: 13kg

weight lost few days after delivery: 8kg

weight lost after 20days: 10kg

exercise: none

bf: hardly...

still have 3kg to go..

qarezma,

My mom just boils the red dates with dried longan. Before boiling wash and soak them for awhile.

ceetee,

Hmm.. well I guess really up to the individual but somehow I feel really dehydrated so I tend to drink more water but then I don't think it's as much as Mabel's 5L :tongue:

Eunice,

You only have 3kgs to go! Very fast! I'm still where I am..not dropping yet so far.. Maybe after my mom leaves it'll probably drop more..If only my mom won't leave! Mom's are the best!

yea agree with the rest here, drink lots of water/liquid to maintain the BM supply and also to reduce heat.

if not, drink lots of red dates water.

what are the benefits of red dates water?

how to prepare it?

for red dates water -> boil red dates (lots of it), dried longan, tong sam, kei ji, blue/black dates.

weight lost 5 days after delivery: 7kg

weight lost after 4 month: total 16kg

breastfed my gal til 6months. Pre-pregnant weight was 46kg, during Bf dropped to 43kg.

After stop BF gain back 3kg.

I drank lots of plain water, red date water during confinement but lucky my belly stil not flabby/bloated. But i believe BF and the tummy wrap do help me in loosing weight and get back to my pre-pregnant figure.

weight lost 5 days after delivery: 7kg

weight lost after 4 month: total 16kg

breastfed my gal til 6months. Pre-pregnant weight was 46kg, during Bf dropped to 43kg.

After stop BF gain back 3kg.

I drank lots of plain water, red date water during confinement but lucky my belly stil not flabby/bloated. But i believe BF and the tummy wrap do help me in loosing weight and get back to my pre-pregnant figure.

ya, i also believe BF and tummy wrap help on getting back pre-pregnant shape. Before pregnant I was 51kg, now drop to 48-49kg. but sadly, i didn't bf very long, only 2 months