peipei

Dark underarms

girls,

Can't wait to see pix of fusionista's armpit posted here!!!! :P

for my case, I've never been a fan of deodorant, tht's why i try to avoid wearing sleeveless to work. and i keep a bottle of baby powder nearby whenever i need to keep my ketiak dry :huh:

the contrast between my ketiak & my arm not tht big...still it's darker. so i've embarked on daily scrub as suggested by folks here and I'll be investing on an epilator.

keep u posted on the progress/improvement few months down the road ya! ;)

hehe..dun think fusionista gonna post her armpit pix here...:huh:

i dun use deodorant much. but really sometimes hv to use...i spray perfume around my throat area and wrists..to go to work...

I dare not use my 10-year old epilator on my ketiaks la. Call me chicken la. :P I think my beautician does waxing, think I'll try that.

:lol: girls girls! calm down!

I have not bought the epilator cuz I want to get it from amazon.com, it's a little cheaper but still expensive lah!!!

peipei:

NEVER NEVER use baby powder in your armpits and ahemm... private parts. Experts say that using baby powder on babies bottoms are a big no-no because it actually causes skin rash and various infections.

I dun use baby powder on my armpit but my sister does and I can see a big difference in the complexion between her armpits and mine. Actually, I only use my Dove anti-perspirant/deodorant stick when I go to the gym. I dun think I have a BO problem so I just don't use it regularly.

To correct any misconceptions out there, I think using the deodorant stick only darken some ppl's armpits. My hb uses his deodorant stick night and day and his armpits are as clear as a baby's complexion, with the exception of it looking like a haunted forest with all the hair growing in every direction :lol:

I think only most women have this dark armpit problem and I do think the culprit is th ingrown hair situation. Men don't shave or tweeze their armpits so they don't get dark armpits??? :lol: Just guessing here... I think we just have to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate... and not tweeze or shave!

Err..too late for that too. I've been using baby powder since I was a baby. If I've bathed and didnt sprinkle some baby powder on my body after that, I'll feel like I didnt shower at all.

peipei:

:lol: u sound like my sister!! she cannot live without baby powder! everytime she comes out of the shower the floor is spotted with powder and she looks like she's coming out of the fog ...

peipei:

:lol: u sound like my sister!! she cannot live without baby powder! everytime she comes out of the shower the floor is spotted with powder and she looks like she's coming out of the fog ...

;) sounded like my cousin also.. :lol: and the other cousin of mine can't live without baby lotion...

bumblebee:

peipei will hv to cross over my dead body before she can see my ketiak pictures posted in here!!! :D

I think talcum and deodorant will cause built up if we don't clean and exfoliate properly. Plus, all those tweezing only make our ketiak more sensitive. Hence, the color difference. Sometimes when we tweeze, it is even worse with all those ingrown hairs and infection also

Hi Girls

would like to update you folks on the epilators. I went shopping for it today in MV I found out the epilator i posted earlier cost RM99.

I've bought the Braun Silk Epil. even tried it on the armpit area......works beautifully......

thanks for all the advice !!

Athena, then you should post your ketiak pic here so that we know just how beautiful the epilator works. Hehehe!!

Fusionista, I just realise your avatar is a smurf. I like smurfs! Where did you get that pic?

there are 3 types

1. old model - no longer available. they are just clearing the stock. i think this is rm 129

2. model 2170 - this is the one i bought. rm 159

3. model as mentioned in the forum : this is rm 239. the difference with this and model 2170 is that this has an additional shaver attachment on top of the epilator head!

Hi Girls

would like to update you folks on the epilators. I went shopping for it today in MV I found out the epilator i posted earlier cost RM99.

I've bought the Braun Silk Epil. even tried it on the armpit area......works beautifully......

Athena,

You sure are quick in getting the epilator! Well.. gone are the days of hairy armpits now. Dont you think its sometimes tiresome to be girls..you must constantly be pulling out hair..from armpits la, legs la, eyebrows la, bikini lines la..ahem..there la (for those kinky ones only).

:P Guys dont have to do all these. Think of the money and time they saved. <_<

Fusionista, I just realise your avatar is a smurf. I like smurfs! Where did you get that pic?

fluene:

I just googled it and got it from the Net la... I am and 80s kid, Gotta love the smurfs!!

OK the epilators convinced me, and I will get one after the next credit card billing cycle. :lol:

peipei:

Just use your hb's money to buy things to "maintain" your attractiveness la... Isn't that how it works? :lol:

peipei, totally agree with u tht we girls tend to have more maintenance routine :(makes me wonder why do we need armpit hair in the first place? (me not a very good biology student) :P

fusionista, my credit card billing cycle has been refreshed but trus i used up the quota to stock up my skincare product. think gonna psycho hb to "sponsor" the epilator.....<_<

phuisan:

I can ask for a scientific explanation when my Microbiologist sister gets here or you can look up the Internet about how the French love their women hairy :lol:

Smurfette!! soooo cute! :wub: I grew up in a small town and I used to watch all the cartoon every saturday morning on tapes my Singapore cousins used to record for me :D

Hi Girls

Just wondering, when u worked it on the armpit, was it painful?

actually, there is something i'd like to share, i know someone who used to tweeze her amrpit, then the follicles got inflamed and she had to undergo 3 operations to remove the inflammation. Her doc said it's getting very common mainly because of waxing, tweezing and epilator usage... anyone is prone to it, u'll never know when ur hair follicle ruptures and gets inflamed :( so the doc's advise is not to use these methods on sensitive areas like armpits and bikini line. Or go for laser hair removal, which of course is costly :wub:

A couple of years ago, the Braun sales person did caution us that epilators are not recommended for armpits. well, maybe the epilators are very advanced now :)

no wor...i din feel any pain at all.. maybe too used to all the tweezing....i find tweezing will be a greater culprit of inflammed follicle as compared to the epilator.