Sign in to follow this  
shaun

Attending friend wedding

For my case, even i'm cant attend my friend wedding dinner (any reason like outstation or emergency matter no in plan) I still give away my angpau or wedding gift to them.

So far I have never failed to attend any wedding except for 2 (as I'm in Miri), 1 I managed to give them a wedding gift whereby another one was a bit sad, because none of my family members inform me about the invitation, they couple came and only my brother is around and he just forget the whole thing until my mum discovered the invitation card but it is too late and the wed-couple didn't even call me or email me too =( alamak! I got to know from my mum and a friend in SG .. aiks!!! I felt very bad about it and quickly send them an email to apologize and my brother? kena my mum marah kau-kau! hahahaahhaha

Now matter how busy of my schedule, I will definitely arrange it and attend the dinner, either for first half or full session. But I know some are just not like me, they will say 'I will come, I will definitely come' but? no news and didn't see him/her at all, until my friends (from the same table) asking me, you didn't invite him/her? I said "I sent the invitation card to him personally and I remember that afternoon was heavy rain some more and he said he will come no matter what" so .. is this call friend!? I think that's it liau la.

Yeah, even if I can't attend the wedding dinner, the gift/angpao will always reach them. But normally will try my best to attend. To share their happiness. :wink:

JUST SHARING

It is extremely impolite not to attend a wedding after getting an invitation. This is especially so if the wedding is held in a restaurant where seats are limited. One must always consider it as a great honor to have been invited to such an auspicious occasion. We must remember that sometimes people may still have a long list of names of guests to be invited but because seats are already filled up they have to put the names in queue. So, unless there is another matter which is more critical to attend to, we must try our very best not to disappoint our hosts who are the king and queen of the day. Our failure to occupy the seat would deprive our hosts of the chance to give that seat to someone else.

A friend of mine once confided to me that he felt like as if he was being forsaken by a close friend of his by not turning up for his wedding because that friend had a church meeting to attend.

He said, "Since he regard his church meeting as a more important matter to attend as compared to my wedding, so be it. What to do?"

From the tone of his voice, I could sense the hurt in him when he told me the story.

So, we must be considerate. Unless we are already committed to another matter which really cannot be avoided, we must not fail to attend a wedding. Sending over "ang pow" in lieu of personal attendance is only a second best alternative which should also be avoided if possible. In a matrimonial banquet, people want the crowd, not the money.

Ask my mother friend who believe in feng sui, said within 1 month period (before & after your AD) only not to attend.

Basically is up to ppl (pantang)

:whistling:

So now (with my FW) manage to attend my friend wedding which is on sept 2010. :cheers:

Hi shaun,

Glad to hear that you and your FW manage to attend your friend's wedding finally! :wink:

Thanks

Thanks

MB members :wub:

You're most welcome. Enjoy yourselves by then with your FW, ya?

Cheers! :wink: