Sign in to follow this  
CFA

The One That Got Away

Over the weekend, there was quite a good article in the Star about "Lost Love".

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?...p;sec=lifefocus

How many of you still think about the "Lost Love". It does not matter whether you are still single or already happily married and with kids, do you still think about "The One That Got Away" or perhaps, you are "The One That Got Away."

As for me, I have not thought about my ex in ages and though we separated more than a decade ago, suprisingly, have never bump into each other at all. Save for one phone call about 8-years after we broke-off, that too was to sell me some financial products, there has been no contact. A clean break always work best for all parties. Still, I would always want to wish her well, just like any other person that I knew and nothing more.

Is it the women who think about "Lost Love" more than the men. Kate Winslet sang a very good song about this - What If and coincidently, also starred in a very good show called "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Am trying to find the DVD. ANyone saw the show?

i dont think abt my ex in that way but if i didnt get to marry my hubby, he'd be 'the one that got away'... cos we were having so much pressure and opposition from my parents, we almost didnt make it

For myself, yeap the phrase will be he's 'the one who that got away'. At least i'm married and he's not . Not that i'm proud of my self or look down on him but i feel that i gotta settle down with life and hv family. Only thing i knew tht he still got sad over the r/ship and whining for being single now.

Over the weekend, there was quite a good article in the Star about "Lost Love".

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?...p;sec=lifefocus

How many of you still think about the "Lost Love". It does not matter whether you are still single or already happily married and with kids, do you still think about "The One That Got Away" or perhaps, you are "The One That Got Away."

As for me, I have not thought about my ex in ages and though we separated more than a decade ago, suprisingly, have never bump into each other at all. Save for one phone call about 8-years after we broke-off, that too was to sell me some financial products, there has been no contact. A clean break always work best for all parties. Still, I would always want to wish her well, just like any other person that I knew and nothing more.

Is it the women who think about "Lost Love" more than the men. Kate Winslet sang a very good song about this - What If and coincidently, also starred in a very good show called "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Am trying to find the DVD. ANyone saw the show?

Honestly, I can't think of anyone who fits the bill of "The One That Got Away". Maybe I was that to my ex but that would be tooting my horn, so you'll need to ask him that. :p

When I look at my exes, I don't really think of how things would have been if I had married them - not in a good way that is. In fact, I'm glad that we aren't together anymore or worse, married. Yup, it was that bad. Like you, I had a clean break - sort of. We tried the whole staying together as friends bit as how I am with ex no 2 but it didn't work because the wounds were too deep for the both of us. When he first contacted me again, it was ackward - he showed up for an interview with a company that I was working in. Needless to say, he didn't get the job. When I moved to Switzerland, he contacted me to tell me that he was glad that I was moving away (WTH, I know).

Believe it or not, he's on my FB and we're civil, he's still single, etc but otherwise, no, I don't wish that he was the one who got away. You could say that I was lucky to have found and caught hold of the love of my life.

i would like to believe that i am the one that got away for my ex, but after being the person i am wit my hubby, i dont think i suited my ex either.. so it was for the better of both of us

most of the time, during the lowest point of my life.

he called me almost everyday when i was in uk because i ran away to think things through for myself and my then bf, now husband.

he was my ex colleague from another division, though we work together. when i first joined the company, he just got himself engaged and i was with my then bf, now husband. day in day out, he will come up to my office several times a day, under all sort of pretexts. of course he can fool me, but he cant fool my other male colleagues. of course i got teased about him having feelings for me but i shrug it off coz his fiancee was working 2 floors below my office.

that was more than a decade ago. but we kept in touch often after he left the country and subsequently got married and have kids, building his career in the land of opportunity.

i never thought of the day when he will ask me this, but he did. a couple of years back. he asked, what if we were both single at that time? would i (him) have married you instead? i didnt wanna stir up old feelings so i said, i dont know. it never happened (us being single at the same time back then).

definitely the one that got away as he is the one with all the quality i want in a husband. just that he got engaged just weeks before we met.

I'm happy with my fiance, and that's what really matters. I don't see a reason why one should be clouded by the past or even still hoping to reconcile with the so-called "Lost Love".

If the love is meant to be lost then it is what we called "fated" in this real world.

I used to cry myself to sleep everynight when I broke-up for the first time. But I am now super glad to be able to lose "that love" to someone else and found a love that is fated to be mine.

**Have Faith**

Cheers everyone!

I usually don't miss an ex. But I've just started seeing someone where I'm contemplating whether it's worth it or not - and I fear if I don't give it a chance he'll end up being the one that got away because I have alot of love for him. It's hard to say though. I've never experience that feeling yet...

The truth that it is already missing, significance, its not used to be. So for me its just a pointless and sentiment to think of someone from your previous.

-----

Faucets

My exs some are dissapear after break up, some happily married, some are single n hopeless and some still dunno what to do with his own life.I feel grateful to get to know my current husband cos of his one word."I will never hurt you like ur exs did." That is why I start my life with him.Well, one still contacted me and never know that i am getting married then he is trying to come back to me after 11 yrs apart from me. LOL...life move on after bad relationship.Nothing can stay on so to all people out there watever happen, happen for a reason so be it and move on with your life with the person that love and appreciates you more than the one that got away~~ Not all that got away are bad just timing not right. :) Cheers!!