smurf

France & Italy

gals & guys,

I found this site, Frommer's Travel Guide which gives loads of maps and tips on self organized tours! worth checking out!!

sharon,

Thanks for all tips! anne's place is not featured in venere. :( how did you book ur place there?

Recommended places to go in Italy: Rome, Milan, Venice, Liguria, Pisa, Firenze (Florence)

Recommended places to go in France: Boulogne-Sur-Mer, Falaise d'Aval, Le Havre, Honfleur, Provence et Cote d'Azur ..

Paris is a nice place to shop if you know where to get the cheapest bargain ;)

if take cosmos tours for 15 days including air tickets... u need rm14k just for the tour and the airplane... not including ur shopping

How about d weather 4 Italy in Sept/Oct? If spring in Apr, then shld be fall in sept & oct rite? hmm...is it a good period to travel? Thinkin of goin for Europe tour sumwhr around thr but only nex year...hehe! planning to concentrate on 2 or 3 countries only rather than 6/7 countries in 1 shot! too many travelling involved & tiring!

hmm..still winter...dunno whether can stand the weather..ehehe....

ohh boy...april is long after wedding...seems like no mood for honeymoon then...

how cold would it be on feb/march in italy?

Yaya, totally agree with babysiew but the reason is because it is damn hot around july/aug (depends which part of italy). I been to Rome early July a few years ago with my family, it is about 36 degrees and the environment is very dirty during summer. Probably is it ok for youngster but it is just too hot and tired for my parents. Cant take it.

best to go italy is apr/may... dont go in aug as all italians will go holiday

apr/may huh? hmmm....so long...ehehhee

howz the weather in feb/march? how cold would that be? howz the temperature?

It is still chilly, and often windy and rainy too in feb/ march. The average temperature is ranging from 3 -16 degrees C. Tourists are few and u can get cheap flights and hotel rooms.

Spring starts at the end of march, the weather is getting more pleasant.

The weather is warmer in the south.

Smurf, me planning to go Apr or May 2008 after my AD in Jan 2008... cos Italy is best in Apr or May isnt it? hehe...

Smurf, got! Jewels of Italy got go to Florence and see Leaning Tower...

TUSCANY. EXCURSION TO PISA.

This morning enjoy the short drive to Pisa to see its world famous Square of Miracles and Leaning Tower. Take a stroll down the busy Via Santa Maria, perhaps Pisa's most typical street. Plenty of time this afternoon at leisure or join one of the optional excursions available. (B,D)

Hi Fong,

Mind to share your itinerary ? my email: dorinchin@gmail.com

I plan to go on June 2008

tqtq

dc.

Hi!

I actually did my own tour in Rome last July. And we took a 2-day tour to Sorrento (which is actually the best part of the trip). If you like, I can share with you my experience in Italy. We did a 2-week trip to Rome and London, itinerary all planned by me :)

hi fong, can share ur itinerary ? i plan to go on june 2008.

my email: dorinchin@gmail.com

tqtq..

dc

travelling in Italy must be extra caution and alert! :lol:

i had bad experience of losing all my cash and digital camera on an overnight train from bologna to napoli. :(

there are tons of tourists' property got stolen with varies tactic, so don't really trust people there, looks may deceive.

oh...thanks babysiew.

will PM her. hehe..

i ask my colleague, he said need spent arround 10k (rm) for 2 weeks vacation. :wacko:

train from milan to france cost Euro 120 (wif bed)...huh...not cheap

ya... the tour package i have in mind is around 9-10k for two persons and flight is around 4-5k for two... so add up also around rm14k - 15k... hope got balance of money after home renovation hehe...

Already booked the air tickets to Rome for next year chinese new year. Very very excited. Best thing is, the air tickets are free caused redeem using enrich points :blink:

ya... the tour package i have in mind is around 9-10k for two persons and flight is around 4-5k for two... so add up also around rm14k - 15k... hope got balance of money after home renovation hehe...

baby, you are joining cosmos right?...9-10k for 2 person...i dont think its enough..for 15days is about RM7k per person already..return flight for one person to rome is already 4k...and wen you go on cosmos, meals are usually not included...and there are lotsa optional tours...you will probably spend a lot more...but their tours are awesome...i went with them the last time i was in europe...

but this time around iw ont be going with them...its too pricey....after the reception hubby and i will be close to bankrupts already...cant afford cosmos....besides we want to shop till we drop when we go to milan...hehe....we signed up with GTT...much more affordable...but the trip is much shorter of course...we are thinking of extending our trip...but gotta make arrangement with the tour agency...seem quite troublesome

but last time i checked it was Rm5-6k per person for italy... 15 days excluding flying in and out... so shld be around rm10-12k lor for the tour... my fren bought return flight during matta fair and it was only rm4k-5k for two person... the 14k-15k that i mentioned is excluding shopping and eating... just flight and tour onli hehe.. :)

GTT is wat?

oh...thanks babysiew.

will PM her. hehe..

i ask my colleague, he said need spent arround 10k (rm) for 2 weeks vacation. :lol:

train from milan to france cost Euro 120 (wif bed)...huh...not cheap

about taking the train, word of advice : be very careful and alert!

we took the train from rome to venice and back. rome to venice was an overnight train. 4 of us decided to pay more and get a sleeping berth (4 bunks in 1 cabin) so we could lock the door. 1 thing though, the lights in the cabin cannot be switched off, so we slept with the lights on (not very good sleep).

the scary part was waiting for the train in rome. the train station is full of creepy ppl, and paranoid me keeps thinking someone is gonna whip out a knife soon and whisper in my ear to hand over everything. the train was also delayed for almost 3 hours. we were waiting at the miserable train station from 9pm until the train finally arrived at nearly 2am. that was a rather stressful 5 hours of being scared. after getting on the train, we were too tired and were thankful we could just lockup the cabin door and go to sleep.

we also went to the bathroom 2 by 2 (it's a common bathroom that's really dirty but thank goodness the train provided us with a kit that includes a toilet seat cover and wet wipes).

we were grateful we spent that little bit extra to book a private cabin. so if u're thinking of train travel in italy, remember that it's much better to pay a bit more for better security and safety.

wah baby...return flight for two is very cheap....i enquired during matta fair also...they quoted me RM4k per person...flying etihad not even SIA or MAS...one of the cheapers ones already...

GTT is a travel agency...a local one...supposedly better than reliance...i went china last year with reliance...very dissapointed with their service...so decided to try another agency instead...