Escudo

Do you prefer baby boy or baby girl?

Baby Boy or Baby Gal?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm.., more and more ppl prefer to have baby gals than boys nowadays yeah!

I still prefer 1st to be a son, so he can take care of my daughter when she is married, at least got "khau san" (backing) in case the ILs bully her maaah..

I have one table too that pre-determine your baby's sex.

I had checked mine, few of my frens' babies, quite accurate la.

but have to based on chinese lunar calendar la(both age and month also based on chinese lunar calendar)

hope it helps lo :)

1_891802744l.jpg

My sister actually gave me a sheet of advertisement in the magazine regarding pregnancy... and then she said since u r limiting urself to 2 kids and u wanna have baby boy so much... maybe this will helps... it is actually a company based in Aus... who gives u a chart on when u shld make love in order to get the baby gender tat u wan... no medicine... just a chart based on something... forgot based on wat... the charges is rm1.8k and then if not successful... they return the money to u... and so far 98.7% guarantee successful... they have an office at Wisma UOA II at Jalan Pinang...

I saw the chart when shld make love or not... and sometimes one mth only 1 day... i told my mum huh 1 day onli to make love in a mth, how ar? die lor... where got enuff hahaha... mum shaked her head and said u ar!!! but actually just wear protection lor if don wanna have baby for days not marked in the chart... just teasing my mum...

A lot of ppl said i shld leave it natural... *shrug* not sure wat i wanna do... anyway no harm trying as if not successful the money is given back...

the webby

www.choicebaby.com

Having a babygirl will be fun~ u can dress her up

buy lotsa cute dresses for her

for given the pressure of older family members..

most of us will hope to have a babyboy first i believe

I have seen this chart before.. but have no confidence in this chart.. because i have tried to compare a few friend's EDD and their conceived date.. not accurate..

huh...? EDD? the chart didn't required the EDD 1 wor... it's required the mother's age at conception after converted to chinese age and also their conceive month lor..

wat i meant is by looking at the EDD to find out when they conceived~

hehe~~

i saw this chart from the chinese feng shui book before~

not sure if it's the same but looks the same to me

:)

<H1 class=header_1>Boy or girl?</H1>Baby gender predictor - advice on whether it is possible to choose the gender of your baby and tips on conceiving either a boy or girl.

Can you choose the sex of your baby?

Unfortunately there is no medical evidence that any of the old wives tales said to help you to choose the sex of your baby actually work. However there is always someone who will tell you it worked for them so why not give it a go!

You are said to conceive a girl if:

• you have sex a few days before your day of ovulation. Female sperm are thought to be stronger and therefore last longer than male sperm, which may die off before reaching the egg.
  • you stop having unprotected sex four to five days before ovulation, to minimise the chances of the male sperm reaching the egg first
  • you have sex frequently to lower your partner's sperm count, and so increase the chances of the female sperm reaching the egg first
  • you keep penetration shallow
  • your partner reaches orgasm before you
  • you drink plenty of milk and eat dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt, unsalted foods, rice, pasta, certain vegetables, mineral water, limited amounts of meat and potatoes
  • you avoid salt and any salty foods, wine and beer, fresh fruit, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms, chocolate, coffee and tea.
  • your partner keeps his genitals warm by wearing close-fitting underwear and tight trousers (although this isn't likely to do his general fertility any good!)
  • you suggested the love-making
  • you make love in the afternoon
  • you make love on even days of the month
  • you put a wooden spoon under your bed and a pink ribbon under your pillow
You are said to conceive a boy if:
  • you have sex on the day of ovulation. Male sperm are thought to swim faster and reach the egg first.
  • you avoid sex for a week before ovulation and then only have sex once on ovulation day, to keep the sperm count high
  • your partner has a high sperm count. Male sperm are not as strong as female sperm, and so the higher the count, the more chance there is of a male sperm reaching the egg first
  • you have deep penetration during sex
  • you reach orgasm before your partner, this releases an alkaline fluid thought to be more male-sperm friendly than the vagina's natural acidity
  • you eat salty food, plenty of meat, fish, white flour, pasta, fresh fruit, certain vegetables
  • you avoid milk and dairy products, such as yoghurt and cheese, nuts, chocolate, shellfish and wholemeal bread.
  • your partner keeps his genitals cool by wearing boxer shorts and loose-fitting trousers
  • your partner suggested the love-making
  • you make love at night
  • you make love on odd days of the month
i copied and pasted this from some website~

just slip into my mind... i had this silly curiousity.... wonder whether is there any method to get twins ah??? hahahaha... :lol:

what if those dun have inheritance & wanna get twins leh... how ah?? hahahaha... just my silly curiousity... :D :P

Rosayee

Yes there's a method

some women has trouble ovulate and they would take fertility drugs like clomid

and this increses the chance of getting twins~

:)

have to add this

taking clomid has its side effect~ so always think twice~

Can you choose your baby's sex using natural methods, or are they just old wives' tales?

Is sex selection legal?

Medical genetic selection is only legal in the UK for strict medical reasons. Sex selection on the basis of simple parental preference is widely regarded as unethical.

Do any of the homespun gender selection techniques work?

There are a lot of different theories and approaches to natural gender selection but very little scientific study. As there's no solid evidence, medical experts warn against taking them too seriously. Some people say there's strong anecdotal evidence and that there's no harm in trying them, as very few methods are intrusive.

Most popular methods

TIMING OF SEX

What's the theory?

Male sperm are lighter in weight and swim faster than female ones so are more likely to reach the egg. Having sex on the day of ovulation should increase the chances of conceiving a boy.

Female sperm are heavier and live longer so having sex a few days before ovulation and then abstaining (while the male sperm die) should increase the chances of conceiving a girl.

Dr Landrum Shettles developed this theory in the US in the 1960s. It's complemented by the Billings' Method, which is about timing sex around the consistency of vaginal mucus (when it's thin and clear for boys, thicker and sticker for girls). Couples using this method tend to have boys more than girls.

What's the success rate?

Advocates claim 75% but there's only a tiny amount of medical evidence in the UK to support it.

Confusingly, another theory exists based on observations that couples that didn't live together before conceiving had more girls. They were thought to be less likely to have sex at the time of ovulation, backing up the idea that conceiving four or five days before ovulation was more likely to produce a boy.

SEXUAL POSITION

What's the theory?

Male sperm are more vulnerable and the vagina becomes less acidic closer to the cervix. So if penetration is deep (woman-on-top or man-behind positions), the male sperm will enter a more alkaline environment and are more likely to survive the short journey.

Shallow penetration should favour your chances of conceiving a girl: the slower female sperm are hardy enough to withstand the acidic conditions at the entrance to the vagina so could make it through to the egg after the male sperm have died off.

What's the success rate?

Not high, since the theory fails to take into account that the difference in lifespan between male and female sperm is a matter of days, not minutes.

Medical sceptics say that force of ejaculation and physics of sexual position don't play a part in getting the sperm to their destination more quickly – that's determined by the chemistry of cervical mucus.

MALE SEXUAL ABSTINENCE

What's the theory?

Abstaining for a few days before making love increases your chances of conceiving a boy. The greater the volume of sperm, the more male sperm should be present, so theoretically there's a greater chance that a male sperm survives and fertilises the egg before a female sperm can reach it.

What's the success rate?

Not high. Sceptics say that with more sperm, the chances of you getting pregnant may be higher, but there's no gender factor.

CHANGING YOUR DIET

What's the theory?

The minerals in your diet could affect your metabolism and the environment of your eggs.

- To improve conditions for male sperm you need potassium (in meat, bananas, apricots and celery).

- To improve conditions for female sperm you need more magnesium-rich food (in nuts, soya beans and leafy green vegetables).

What's the success rate?

There's no scientific data on humans to support the potassium or magnesium theories, although experts say diet does seem to play some part in gender selection.

Historical events have shown that famine can result in more boys being born but also that women weighing less than 54.5 kilos are more likely to have girls. This could mean that the type of food and nutrients available to those people played a part, or that calorie intake has an effect - but a low-calorie diet has a very different effect to malnutrition.

TIMING OF ORGASM

What's the theory?

If you reach orgasm before your partner, your vagina becomes more alkaline, which creates a better environment for male sperm. Female sperm survive better in the naturally acidic environment of your vagina, so climaxing first would favour the conception of boys.

What's the success rate?

Little. Prolonged foreplay has the same effect of increasing vaginal secretions, which could be just as effective at reducing its acidity – but no one has suggested female foreplay as a method for conceiving boys.

DOUCHING

What's the theory?

Male sperm favour alkaline conditions, so douching (flooding the vagina via a syringe) with a dilute alkaline solution, such as sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) before intercourse increases the chances of conceiving a boy.

What's the success rate?

There's a very small amount of medical evidence that backs up this theory, but some experts warn women against putting sodium bicarbonate into their vagina because they may not know how diluted to make it, and in any case, the acid in the vagina is there for necessary protection against infections like thrush.

Found this somewhere and find it quite easy to understand~

all the mthods with little success rate, but combining all the methods maybe u might have a higher chance?~

hehe

hi there,

I am childcare professional from past few years. Many of the parents who are again to be parent many time asked such questions to me. Than i have simle advice to them there is no preference it basically depends upon the family tree. If family consist of girls more than preference is baby boy else baby girl.

There is no confussion at all. But likelyhood doesn't make compulsion OR any kind of presuure to have particular type of baby gender.

Thanks & Regards

Dilip

its actually hard for me to decide, but i voted for baby boy cos FMIL wants baby boy first. i don mind getting a girl or a boy, just mind that my parents IL might mind. = =

hihi..

i prefer baby girl... cos i'm also the eldest in my family.. n as i see it i've looked after my brother for 17 years... (he's 6.5 years younger then me).. in my dad's side mostly those girls who are the eldest they look after and help out, but the boys who are the eldest all go out and play computer... Hopefully my Mil is ok i guess... but i wan 4 kids.. hopefully one would be a boy.. hehee.. haha...

n of course all the tieing the hair... dressing up... but if a boy.. then fh gets all the fun.. haha

jojo

I prefer baby girl also, my SIL baby girl is only 1 week younger than my BB.. she is so manja whenever i hold her..

and i got abit frustrated with my bb recently cause he is been really naughty.. grr grr..

but because of the In law ... no choice have to get a boy first...

baby boys r nicer to play with coz they r naughty.

Hey, exactly the same thought as my hb! :D That's why he prefers to have a boy first, heehee ... As for myself, I also feel that boys are more fun to play with coz they are mischievous, adventurous and more sporting. I used to play with my little cousin brothers more coz they won't get petty or cry easily if you tease them ;) Now that we have a baby boy (going to be 3 months soon), hb is having all the fun dressing him up, haha. He bought so much clothes for him from UK and Japan, some very cute, got jeans and khaki pants somemore :P And he is looking forward hard to playing with him when he grows older. Baby also seems to like daddy a lot, always staring into his eyes, smiling at him and baby talk to him a lot, think they will make very good playmates next time ;)

But having said all that, hb and I wish to have a girl for our 2nd child, heehee :P

my husband's all siblings are having boys. so now im pregnant, my MIL hope its a girl.

but my husband prefer boy coz he said he can dress him up with a car racing uniform and sit beside him and do the drifting <_< ...my goodness....

i prefer girl coz all the boys in the family are very naughty :ph34r: ...hehe i cannot stand them sometimes (i dont know if the parent's upbringing lead them until like this or boy is like this)

i dont mind also if its a boy...as long as my baby is healthy, then im happy :)

i cant wait to know the gender of my baby :P

1075211.png

but my husband prefer boy coz he said he can dress him up with a car racing uniform and sit beside him and do the drifting <_< ...my goodness....

OMG, how come your hb thinking the same thing as my hb? hahaha :lol::lol: