Sign in to follow this  
fluene

Beauty centre

I wonder any of you encounter persistent beautician making all those business talk. When you say no, they keep saying your skin blah blah blah need blah blah blah. If not, your skin can never recover. Blah blah blah......

Had my facial yesterday. The beautician knew I am not those people who can be talked into buy things so she asked another so called 'expert' to talk to me. This 'expert' scanned my face and straightly say with my skin condition, I need so and so treatment and the treatment cost RM20k and proceed to write in my card all the treatment details and asked for my credit card somemore. I got very irritated and said no. Then she said 'your skin improve a lot already, if you don't continue treatment, your skin will go back to its initial bad state'. I asked her,'how did you know my skin improve a lot? You never see me before and you did not compare my 1st treatment photos with the current photos.' Then she asked. 'is the treatment program too expensive for you? if you want to be beautiful, you must be willing to spend'. I was like ^&$%^$##$$# and showed a very black face and tell her, 'you gave your suggestion, I said no. So, that's it. End of discussion.'

Now that I think back, perhaps there are better ways to handle these kind of people. After all, I still have many treatments left in my initial program. I don't want to go back there and let the beautician has her revenge. Who knows what she will do when I am lying on the bed.

So, any of you have any brilliant strategy?

if it was me, i would have gave a sharp comment, walked away, report it to the big boss, nvr get back to the same place again.

I stopped going to all these beauticians, one of the main reason was this. the other was, i had more pimples then ever! goodness. in fact, my perfect solution for a clear complexion is just water. and occationally a scrub and facial wash.

too much money for this beauty regime. i'll save this headache for other things.

Hey Fluene,

Do you mind sharing which beauty centre it is?

So we don't walk into the trap. Also to share info as consumers.

I have encountered only once and that was Dermatologica 1U. I never went back.

Instead I have a good one in SS2 which I go to. I know the lady boss so nowadays, we discuss what's best. Of course, she tries to sell but not in a dirty imposing manner.

For strategy, as with all similar situation when people are trying to push you to do something you don't want, just repeat and repeat a short sentence saying NO. Like at Dermalogica, I said, "I don't want that"...I repeated after her every sentence. In the end, she realized it was going nowhere. So she stopped.

FFA

Hi Fluence,

I suppose what u can do now is that the next time you step into the centre, make sure that lady dun touch your face. Anyway you can just pretend nothing happen and proceed with the remaining facials you have with them. If they try to sell things to you, just tell them that you have no extra $ to spend! Make the point to her that you don't intend to spend any more $$ until your package is complete. If not you can always challenge them about the package that you sign up is not good is it? If it's not good, then why in the first place they recomend this to you.

Another method is that after the facial, make sure you just take all your stuff and leave immediately leaving them no time to sweet talk you. :)

usually i will say i didnt bring any money... just rm10 and then when they said credit card, i said i dont have any which is true tat i dont have any... hubby credit card... i said he is working, come back 9pm haha

Aiyah... for everything they want to sell to you, you ask for FOC Trial packs. See what is their response.

If dapat free samples, then give yourself a pat at the back for a good persuasion job.

If no free samples, then you tell them cannot lor... everything must try first...

After trying those free samples, complain to them their product caused breakout....

See if they wanna try selling stuff to such a "char pou" or not?

Then she said 'your skin improve a lot already, if you don't continue treatment, your skin will go back to its initial bad state'.

I have a question about this statement here, aren't you doing your regular treatment there and if she said your skin will go back to initial bad state if not continue with them (i take that as the 20K treatment) then ask them do they mean the treatment you are doing now is rubbish?

Actually what kind of treatment that cost so much? 20K is not a normal treatment!!

usually, i wont sign up any new package, no matter how good is the new treatment, when my existing package is still available so, whenever they try to sell any new package to me, i will say sth like, ' i wish to complete my current pack 1st...i might not hv time to come so often anymore etc...'

but, a rm20k package is way too expensive lei.....which salon did u go fluene?

For 20K I think I can go for facial reconstructuve surgery and get a brand new face!! :D

Well, depends if you want to play along or not :P You can keep pretending to be stupid and get them to give you freebies after freebies, like dangling a carrot in front of them, or you can tell them flat out that you PK and make up some stupid story that you're in dire strait, need money for mommy/daddy's hospital fee, siblings schooling, grandparents medication, etc. etc.

If you don't want to play games with them just tell them no and if service deteriorates after that, report to the Regional Manager and write to a newspaper, e.g. The Star, etc. I say write to the newspaper because the Managers, etc. are all their own ppl, they won't pay much attn to you, but give them pressure back by telling them that you're going to write to the media :D

Wow, Rm20K? That's rather costly for saloon facials right?

I used to come up with funny reasons to avoid signing up further packages last time rather than direct to the point. Reason? Dun want them to do funny things to me during my facials :P But tt's me. I'd say i need to be away for a while, no point signing up that soon till a later period, or dun think i will have time since peak period at work is around the corner, etc.. etc.. the risk is tt they'll keep pursuing u, but i will always find reason that i am in the hurry, need to go off right after the facial :P

Sorry for the late reply. I had difficulty finding this thread again.

I went to New York Skin Solutions. The result is good actually. What I don't like is their attitude and all those business talk.

hi, just saw ur topic today, do u mind to tell me where is it? i think all the saloon also the same, but your case is more worse, normally my beautician will keep on asking me to buy this buy that, she always told me that she wish to see my face get prettier everytimes when i drop by... BUT their product is too expensive, i will go for facial every 1-2 months but for my skin care product i normally buy from Watson. Everytimes when they ask me to buy something, if not so expensive and i need it also i will buy.. if got something that i need it but too expensive... i will always say i don't have cash and i didn't bring my credit card.even i already sign up the course, they will still keep on ask me to add this add that when everytimes i drop by for facial....

** i'm using a product call Clinell" if not worng spelling... is cheap and good.. can buy from Watson or Guardian. want to try??

MacUser, currently I am using products for sensitive skin from The Body Shop. So far so good. I think I will stick to this range until it no longer suits me. Thanks

fluene, i had try some body shop product before, not bad.. but for me is consider expensive also lor.. so poor :)

hope everything will be fine.. nice to meet u..

hi fluene,

i encountered this kind of situation before too. I think it happens to all the beauty salons.. <_< I'm doing facials at Adonis now, so from time to time when my course almost finish, they'll ask me to top up for new course, or sometimes ask me to buy this and buy that. Normally what I'll do is I'll listen to everything they have to say even though I have already decided "no" in myself.....until they pop me the question , i'll say 'i'll consider this'....yes they are very persistent and continue questioning..i'll say again that i'll consider and look into their eyes telling them I mean it. hehehe...if they still continue persuading me, then depending on the situation, if I still need to go back there, I will say nicely...even though my words are straight to the point "no", I'll smile also lor..

I'll try to be as nice also lor cos dowan them to have a chance to revenge on me also, anyway they also cari makan only...just say "I dont think I need these prods, or I just need to consider and I will let you know"...some consultant will say this promotion is for today only, 2moro no more, then I;ll say "it's ok, I'll wait for your next promotion"...or "if tomorrow no more then it's too bad because I dont buy impulsively, thats me"...

Another salon is Marie France, I just accompany my friend there for the 1st free trial...the consultant was marvellous...non stop talking...after more than 1hr persuasion, the consultant was very mean, she told me that smart ppl will grab the chance when its here, this chance wont happen to u everyday (like saying that I'm so foolish to miss this buy) ...I told her that " well, I think smart ppl wont buy impulsively" and never go back to her. Even though her prod/course might be good, I just need time to think ... and if I do buy in future, I wont buy from her.

hi !

agreed with fluene... i dun like the beautician at new york skin too! coz everytime she juz keep asking me 2

buy their product, and said yrs is not suitable ... blah blah blah... not only doing facial treatment here must

use their product as well .....actually i went there after work , a bit tired and would like to relax ... but that fellow keep asking me to buy this buy that ..... ! branch is located at subang jaya.

now i don dare to go any of this beauty saloon.... juz dun like to 'layan' this kind of person....

Really hates pushy salespersons. Once I went to this beauty salon and towards the end when they put on the mask for you..I wanted to rest and sleep, but this beautician came in with lots of products and started introducing them to me. I have to lift my head and look at the products and I cant talk cos the mask was on my face. So damn 'fan'! Needless to say that was my 1st and last visit.

I now to go a beauty salon in Taman Megah. The beautician is very good and she NEVER asks me to buy her products or sign up courses. They dont have courses too. Sometimes I'll look around her display cabinet and ask her to take out the products for me to have a look at. She never persuades me to buy. She's like a good friend now.

My response might be off a bit... am sure some of the BTB might have bump into ppl selling those charity pastic sticker which cost RM10 per piece. One fine day this guy just approach me, out of politeness I told him I've bought it yesterday (which i actually did few weeks ago) and you know what is his response? Yesterday buy already but today haven't, so can buy another one. Which kinda pissed me off a bit, coz month end tight budget, so i just tell him off "Boss haven't pay me salary yet, so how to do charity" :P come to think of it, me quite mean heh :P

Pls .. let me give u all some tips ... use one T spoon pure honey put it inside 500ml mineral water then shake well

normally 300 times shaking. apply on your face at night before u sleep then wash it next morning .

after 7 days u will get smooth skin. and u face become reddish try and c... cheap and safe

I too seriously get annoyed at those thick-skinned beauticians. Never ending promoting, never ending verbal advertising, on and on about your skin is this and that.. <_<

Well it's their key strategy to gain profit and commission, higher sales equals higher income (into their pockets).

Because of them i stopped going for facials for about 2 years til i found DERMALOGICA facial centre, the branch i go to, the beauticians never once force their products down my throat, the most was introducing this package and that package, and they take NO for an answer, period.

Don't think these ppl ever learn, to them the more you say NO the more they pester you... Sometimes even the manager themselves do the talking! Ugh!

I just came back from facial and I am annoyed with my facial centre too. I really regret for signing so many course. I guess it will only finish in 1 year +.

The manager keep blah blah blah blah and ask me sign this sign that. My skin is ok and the problem is only the blackhead at the nose. They keep saying that I should take care la, add this la, that la. It is really annoying.