Sign in to follow this  
beautifulgown

Will you have access to your FH/HB's account?

Just now we (Diana, orange and myself) have a discussion about this topic and I think we should open it for others to discuss.

Pls: Moderators if there is a similar topic, please combine it, thanks :)

Do you have access to your FH/HB's account and have control on their financial status?

For myself, I don't and I don't think is necessary :P I know how much he earned but he always blur of how much I earned :P

*Cut & Paste from the other thread*

Justine,

Heheh erm he was the one who gave me access coz we normally do a lot of banking stuff online. and normally we transfer money from individual a/c to our joint a/c. I have an extra saving elsewhere lol so yes to your question that we women have to have our own secret a/c (it's just for our own advantage/purpose). I have control over his a/c coz I have to monitor to make sure he doesn't go crazy and use all his money on poker coz there was a time he really was too much! He also know he cannot be controlled so he also gave me his atm card to keep and ask me to only give him $50 a week lol coz I normally cook so he can bring lunch to work as well. So on normal days he won't need to spend money. Lol now I sound like a control freak but of coz I'm not la! He is the one who said that I should do it but of coz I will always check his wallet and see if he still has money. If he doesn't then I'll quietly put money in then he will come home and say "eh? got angel put money in my wallet" hehehe

BG,

Some ppl don't need this sort of supervision but some does hehe.. I mean it really depends on the couple lor and I think there will be a hot discussion on this topic if you open one lol!

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

But I got to know some men have ego, they will not let their partner knows how much they earned. mm <_< even some reporting the 'fake' figure! hahaha :D

Actually I never ask FH how much he earned until he showed me his payslip :P teng teng teng!! then I said ooo .. your increament has a lot ho :P then I start to gorek money from him and put into the joined account (we have one because of the housing's loan) but we never touch that joined account (just open recently).

He never check mine and I never tell him if he didn't ask but he knows how much I have in y account :P because sometime I ask him to withdraw the money to pay car installment :P

Yeah same men will have their own secret savings too lol! But I didn't demand to know or see or even have control over his a/c. HB just gave it to me so I also ok lor hehehe.. He doesn't know how much I have he only ask me if I need money then go get from his a/c. Lol..

I have access to my fh's a/c as he assigned me to manage his finances. Every month I will transfer money from his a/c for repayment on HL, HPL, credir card, insurance n etc ... Basically I have 100% control of his money. However, he has no access to any of my a/c. Haha .. :P

Whenever I wanted to buy pricey stuffs, I will use the supplementary credit card given by him since he will settle the payment when it is due. I will only use my own credit card for cheap stuffs .. :P :lol: :P :lol:

Just now we (Diana, orange and myself) have a discussion about this topic and I think we should open it for others to discuss.

Do you have access to your FH/HB's account and have control on their financial status?

For myself, I don't and I don't think is necessary :P I know how much he earned but he always blur of how much I earned :P

CY,

wahh .. bagus oh!

hehe .. I still not up to that extend, if I wanna buy anything expensive, he will pay 30% and I will pay 70% but he never know how much I pay for the stuff, I just give him the money for the credit card bill then he will top up the rest :P

I have access to my fh's a/c as he assigned me to manage his finances. Every month I will transfer money from his a/c for repayment on HL, HPL, credir card, insurance n etc ... Basically I have 100% control of his money. However, he has no access to any of my a/c. Haha .. :P

Whenever I wanted to buy pricey stuffs, I will use the supplementary credit card given by him since he will settle the payment when it is due. I will only use my own credit card for cheap stuffs .. :P :lol: :P :lol:

CherYee,

You're very 'hung fook' ah hehe but same as me la coz I have 100% control of his a/c. HB also got say wanna gimme supplementary card but I said dowan coz I'd rather pay by cash lol. The only credit card I've ever used is the one my daddy sub for me hehehe

Hi Diana,

I thought that only my superior is the guy who give all his money to wife, haha.., your HB is the 2nd. This kind of HB is near extinct already, not easy to get one. :D Your HB is totally same like my superior, everyday, his wife will put money to his wallet. I will feel secure if i can do that, because he wouldn't overspend and spend money on woman...hehe. But my HB not this kind of person, he wouldn't give me control his money.

I don't think my FH will want me to do that to him too. If ask FH to get money from me he will feel uneasy lah. He told me before, please don't really go to that extend he will not feel comfortable if I did that to him.

So I told him, as long as he paid what he supposed to pay (for me) then is ok la, I don't want to control that much. But if he has any extra, I will want to get that from him and transfer to the join account.

Hi Diana,

I thought that only my superior is the guy who give all his money to wife, haha.., your HB is the 2nd. This kind of HB is near extinct already, not easy to get one. :D Your HB is totally same like my superior, everyday, his wife will put money to his wallet. I will feel secure if i can do that, because he wouldn't overspend and spend money on woman...hehe. But my HB not this kind of person, he wouldn't give me control his money.

Justine,

hehE.. coz he knows sometimes he tends to overspend on poker ma..so it's not good! Lol i thought i'm the only one like that see see ur boss's wife also like that hehe.. my mom say why i so cunning haha she say i bully my HB! lol I said it's not my fault ah plus if don't do it now next time hard to control him lol...she say i very 'sai lei' even more 'sai lei' than her hehe make me sound like bad woman lidat lol...

I don't think my FH will want me to do that to him too. If ask FH to get money from me he will feel uneasy lah. He told me before, please don't really go to that extend he will not feel comfortable if I did that to him.

So I told him, as long as he paid what he supposed to pay (for me) then is ok la, I don't want to control that much. But if he has any extra, I will want to get that from him and transfer to the join account.

Hi Diana,

BG,

I won't go to the very extend that I control until he has no freedom to use the money for anything la.. I only control the part if he uses for poker hehe coz that is really unnecessary. He can play but not overdo it. But normally whatever money he use in the account also he will let me know beforehand geh.

Ling,

Even though both of us are working, it has been a standard practice that he will pay for pricey stuffs ... perhaps he presumed that man should please his woman lol :D

CY,

wahh .. bagus oh!

hehe .. I still not up to that extend, if I wanna buy anything expensive, he will pay 30% and I will pay 70% but he never know how much I pay for the stuff, I just give him the money for the credit card bill then he will top up the rest :P

Diana,

In today's society, it's really not safe to bring lots of cash ler ... so scary ...

My FH gave me a supplementary card when we just started dating since I was still a student while he has started working. From then onwards, it has become a standard practice that I charge pricey stuffs to his credit card .. phew!! that means my own card is saved lol!! .. haha

CherYee,

You're very 'hung fook' ah hehe but same as me la coz I have 100% control of his a/c. HB also got say wanna gimme supplementary card but I said dowan coz I'd rather pay by cash lol. The only credit card I've ever used is the one my daddy sub for me hehehe

I wouldn't want to have 100% control over Hb's money...neither I want him to have 100% control on my money. I still feel we all shoud have our own right in controlling our money. I will feel like a QC if i control hb's money making him looks like listening to me and below me. We are better at walking side-by-side rather than you control mine or i control yours thingy.

Hope no offend to others ya....I'm giving my POV on this matter only. Everyone got a right to do thigns their own way..nevertheless..the end result = both of you are happy with the way it is.. :D

Diana,

In today's society, it's really not safe to bring lots of cash ler ... so scary ...

My FH gave me a supplementary card when we just started dating since I was still a student while he has started working. From then onwards, it has become a standard practice that I charge pricey stuffs to his credit card .. phew!! that means my own card is saved lol!! .. haha

CherYee,

CherYee,

Hehe you're right coz you're in Malaysia. Australia it's not that bad.. i can still hold a couple hundred dollars in my hand walking around the city and no one will snatch it from me. That's why I said you're 'hung fook' lor hhe...well as long as like Eunice says "both are happy then it's all good"!

Justine,

hehE.. coz he knows sometimes he tends to overspend on poker ma..so it's not good! Lol i thought i'm the only one like that see see ur boss's wife also like that hehe.. my mom say why i so cunning haha she say i bully my HB! lol I said it's not my fault ah plus if don't do it now next time hard to control him lol...she say i very 'sai lei' even more 'sai lei' than her hehe make me sound like bad woman lidat lol...

Hi,

Your HB like to play poker is bcoz he is from Macau????

My FH know my income how much but i dunt know his income, then if i want to buy anything also i need to pay myself. Because he told me i also working, got income, so i need to bear whatever i buy. Really 'cham'.... :(

I think as long as everyone is happy :) that shouldn't be a problem.

I used to be an independent and never depend on anyone in term of financial matter. Well .. since FH doesn't mind, why not? :P but I never over spend .. but .. last trip to KL (before this CNY) he was shocked when he saw me shopping in KL then he said luckily I'm not going to SG, HK or Thailand :P because he always heard I wanna go there for shopping :D hehehehe

Justine,

No ler he is crazy of poker coz it has been a craze in US and Aus for awhile already...thiis poker is not like Genting's poker lol.. this one is Texas Hold'em Poker.

Ai? How come he knows your income and you don't know his income geh??? Lol I also got income but then if I dowanna use my own money go 'teh' HB and he will say go to my a/c and take money lor. lol...

BG,

Yaya HK, Thailand and SG = shopping haven!!! LOL I so wanted to go Bangkok end of this yr but MIL not used to hot weather so dowanna go. Only wanna go China sigh... so have to follow.. so charm... I wanted to go there for massage, shopping and food ge ma!!! SO long nvr go already.. spoil all my plans..luckily China also got massage but then now got earthquake sigh.. hopefully later when I go it will be alright...

Diana,

ya ya :) we planned to go to Bali or Thailand in next year during CNY :) so the money is from the fund :P

till then I will arm with his credit cards and cash :P

BG,

Lucky u! My budget just increased another RM1600!!! sigh... I still have decorator to talk to.. Hope that will only be around RM1k..lol if more than that I think I will need to forgo that..

Diana,

nvm la :P you can owes get that frm his account :P

I hope mine will not over too much lah :D

I think the topic of this thread should be changed to 'If you have access to your FH/HB's account, what will you do?' :D :P

I have access to my hb's bank a/c, I know how much he earns and he knows how much I earn but he doesn't have any access to my bank a/c. I only check his balance even though I have access to his a/c. I never question how he use his money and whenever he wanna buy things that more than RM100, he will ask for my opinion. He will never question me when he sees me buy clothes & shoes. :D