Sign in to follow this  
nucleus

Petrol price increase tonite!

the billboard is along LDP near yamaha there one... right at the side of the highway.... bit bit billboard of a guy holding a box with a proposal ring one.... then i think love diamond got sponserhim a bit....

haha that was a funny one LING.... hahahaha....

hahaha... for that website how true is it i don't know... but 1 thing for sure that website now is down for maintenance... :lol:

heheh .. down for maintenance or ?? hacked!?!?! hehehe

hahaha... for that website how true is it i don't know... but 1 thing for sure that website now is down for maintenance... :lol:

i am confused.

u started with 1/5 (20%) and end up with 1/2 (50%)??

I do not need gas.... my tank was 1/5 tank..... then stuck in the jam i come reach home my tank 1/2 already...

I believe she meant starting with 80% and ended up with 50%.

i am confused.

u started with 1/5 (20%) and end up with 1/2 (50%)??

I do not need gas.... my tank was 1/5 tank..... then stuck in the jam i come reach home my tank 1/2 already...

despite all the hoo haa abt petrol hikes, wat can we do other than complaint to our MPs, tighten our belt, change our life styles, stay home and study harder our maths, try not to overspend and learn to use our car as economically as possible.

anyone joining the the Protest on July 12 at KLCC?

despite all the hoo haa abt petrol hikes, wat can we do other than complaint to our MPs, tighten our belt, change our life styles, stay home and study harder our maths, try not to overspend and learn to use our car as economically as possible.

Kinstusts, What protest on July 12 at KLCC? Are you joining?

1/5 full and 1/2 full i mean haha... not empty.... sorry for the confusion...

haha.. kena hack admit... i wonder paper will write about it anot haha.... cover cover ....

protest????

>.<" chihuahua..... yaya they all crazy one la >.<" safe that RM10-RM20.... then stuck in the jam and go home also look that RM10.... then only safe RM10.... n stuck in the jam for hours.... >.<" siau one la.... i'm one of the victim.... stuck in the jam for 4.30hours... have been cursing and swearing al lthe way home....

Poor thing.You need gas is it? That's why you're stuck in the jam??

I do not need gas.... my tank was 1/5 tank..... then stuck in the jam i come reach home my tank 1/2 already... waste my time waste my petrol.... was on my way back from from work.... >.<".... When reach home 11.30pm... so hungry leh.... wanan go makan... then i c the whole STREET near my house area JAM... can u imagine JAM in the RESIDENCE AREA!!!!!!!! so i went home... eat biscuit... drink milk then force my self starve to sleep.....

was atuck in LDP.... then u know there this guy who purpose married to the GF on a billboard one... "MARRY ME TAN E LI...." at first i c like so sweet... after stuck in the JAM for hourssssss.... looking at his face and the word for 1hours and 30min... i felt it's no longer sweeett..... >.<" it's frustrating... >.<"

Hhaha, I have never seen the billboard, I am really curious thou :P .I bet you were frustrated, well people are crazy to go fill up their car just to save 20-30 dollars and end up stuck for hours.Over here, gas prices fluctuates everyday and every gas station has different price. I just check with my travel agent today, the gas price increased cause airlines to increased their price and American Airlines is charging their passenger usd15 each way for baggaged handling fee.I will be flying to Dallas this weekend, and I need to pay for my check in baggaged.And my plane tickets to Malaysia in dec cost a lot, around usd 1900...aiks!

that 'proposed' billboard still ther??! their story come out frm the newspaper too.. tat guy said he spent a lot $$ for tat diamond ring and billboard to give his gf an unforgettable memory.

so nice but a bit wasting $$...kekeke (sorry if i offence anyone out ther)

After reading all the comments, do you all think I'll affect our wedding preparations? How far can u stretch your wedding budget?

For me, my AD is in Sept 08 & next week, I'll be discussing with the restaurant manager on the menu. I'm sure the prices of the menu will increase. But I hope it's not much. We are already thinking of ways to do away with unnecessary stuff. We have also decided not to hire any photographer, instead will ask one of our friend to be the cameraman :P Probably, will give him a bigger angpow! Other than that, we're trying to source for cheaper wedding accessories, furnitures, clothing etc. And after the AD, we were thinking going for a mini honeymoon (we've gone for our honeymoon last mth). I guess we have to do away with it as well. Looking at it, better to be prudent and save for the future. Dunno wat else will go up, our salary is an exception.

Sighhh...hopefully in the next 3 months, the govt will not make any drastic announcement.

I was away from M'sia when gov announced the new petrol price.

It was shocking anyway as I did not expect it to be more than RM0.50 increased.

From this I think all the hawker centre, restaurants, and food price will be increase too.

Today went to a chinese hawker center to have my lunch with my colleagues, what a shock to us that a small bowl of noodle soup is RM 4 now. Wow~ Even the mixed rice price also increase...

Really so sien & angry, everything is increasing except our salary..

Kinstusts, is this protest confirmed? will u be walking infront row or behind? hehe.. hmmm.. jz out of curiosity, will gahmen supporters join protest? hmmm.....

extract from MalaysiaKini 6 Jun 2008

Stay tune for more update

Mass anti-fuel hike rally on July 12Andrew Ong | Jun 5, 08 2:38pmThousands of people would be mobilised for a mass protest against the shocking increase in fuel prices at the iconic KLCC Twin Towers on July 12.

Organisers Coalition Against Inflation (Protes) hopes to gather 100,000 people to call on the government to reduce fuel prices to its original levels before the hike today.

"We believe that with such a drastic hike in fuel prices, we will get the support of the masses.

"This is not similar to the Bersih rally. It's going to be bigger. The impact would be bigger," Protes coordinator Dr Hatta Ramli told a press conference today.

Hatta explained that the KLCC Twin Towers was selected as the rally point because it was the headquarters of Malaysia's oil company Petronas.

He argued that Malaysia was an oil producing country and record profits from Petronas should be used to relieve the public from being burdened by the fuel hike.

“We have five weeks to mobilise the crowd and the government has five weeks to react to the people’s demands (to revert fuel prices to their original levels),” he said.

Roadshows throughout nation

For the time being, Protes will be organising road shows throughout the country to state the coalition’s position on the need to revert fuel prices.

The first stop is Seremban on June 14. Activities to be held include ceramah and distribution of leaflets.

The leaflets will include facts and figures regarding fuel prices and the impact on society.

“We urge Pakatan Rakyat component parties to mobilise their members for this event. We also urge the five states held by Pakatan to take action on the matter,” said Hatta.

Protes, a coalition that had held numerous anti-inflation rallies before, is also encouraging other groups to protest against the fuel hike and would provide assistance if necessary.

“If they want to protest in front of a mosque every Friday, we would encourage and provide whatever support we can,” he added.

Bersih style

He said Protes was not acting based on political motives but was a manifestation of the people’s desperation following the sharp hike in fuel prices.

“If the government rejects our recommendations, then we will continue to take mass action until our voices are heard,” he warned.

According to a Protes insider, the coalition hopes to gather a crowd from across Malaysia in ways similar to the mass mobilisation for the Bersih rally in November last year.

“It’s better to have one mass rally to stress our collective protest against the fuel hike than many smaller ones,” said the source.

Yesterday Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi announced that the pump price for petrol would increase by 78 sen - from RM1.92 per litre to RM2.70.

The price of diesel increased by a whopping 63.3 percent - from RM1.58 per litre to RM2.58.

The price hikes were among government measures to drastically cut the spiralling bill for oil subsidies, which is expected to amount to RM56 billion this year.

After making the announcement, Abdullah also hoped that Malaysians would not demonstrate over the price hike.

Meanwhile, the stock market sank 2.4 percent as the central bank said the price hike could suppress economic growth and drive up inflation as high as 5.0 percent this year, from levels of 3.0 percent in April.

The ringgit currency sank, and government bonds plunged on expectations Bank Negara will raise interest rates to curb inflation, despite it stating there was no need yet for an increase.

In the interest of safety for all, it would be advisable that those infirm, elders, children and Pregnant woman stay away as it may get nasty.

My boss did say that if i go there, and my face gets on the paper, he will grant me 1 day extra annual leave.

extract from MalaysiaKini 6 Jun 2008

Stay tune for more update

Organisers Coalition Against Inflation (Protes) hopes to gather 100,000 people to call on the government to reduce fuel prices to its original levels before the hike today.

"We believe that with such a drastic hike in fuel prices, we will get the support of the masses.

"This is not similar to the Bersih rally. It's going to be bigger. The impact would be bigger," Protes coordinator Dr Hatta Ramli told a press conference today.

Hatta explained that the KLCC Twin Towers was selected as the rally point because it was the headquarters of Malaysia's oil company Petronas.

He argued that Malaysia was an oil producing country and record profits from Petronas should be used to relieve the public from being burdened by the fuel hike.

"We have five weeks to mobilise the crowd and the government has five weeks to react to the people's demands (to revert fuel prices to their original levels)," he said.

Roadshows throughout nation

For the time being, Protes will be organising road shows throughout the country to state the coalition's position on the need to revert fuel prices.

The first stop is Seremban on June 14. Activities to be held include ceramah and distribution of leaflets.

The leaflets will include facts and figures regarding fuel prices and the impact on society.

"We urge Pakatan Rakyat component parties to mobilise their members for this event. We also urge the five states held by Pakatan to take action on the matter," said Hatta.

Protes, a coalition that had held numerous anti-inflation rallies before, is also encouraging other groups to protest against the fuel hike and would provide assistance if necessary.

"If they want to protest in front of a mosque every Friday, we would encourage and provide whatever support we can," he added.

Bersih style

He said Protes was not acting based on political motives but was a manifestation of the people's desperation following the sharp hike in fuel prices.

"If the government rejects our recommendations, then we will continue to take mass action until our voices are heard," he warned.

According to a Protes insider, the coalition hopes to gather a crowd from across Malaysia in ways similar to the mass mobilisation for the Bersih rally in November last year.

"It's better to have one mass rally to stress our collective protest against the fuel hike than many smaller ones," said the source.

Yesterday Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi announced that the pump price for petrol would increase by 78 sen - from RM1.92 per litre to RM2.70.

The price of diesel increased by a whopping 63.3 percent - from RM1.58 per litre to RM2.58.

The price hikes were among government measures to drastically cut the spiralling bill for oil subsidies, which is expected to amount to RM56 billion this year.

After making the announcement, Abdullah also hoped that Malaysians would not demonstrate over the price hike.

Meanwhile, the stock market sank 2.4 percent as the central bank said the price hike could suppress economic growth and drive up inflation as high as 5.0 percent this year, from levels of 3.0 percent in April.

The ringgit currency sank, and government bonds plunged on expectations Bank Negara will raise interest rates to curb inflation, despite it stating there was no need yet for an increase.

In the interest of safety for all, it would be advisable that those infirm, elders, children and Pregnant woman stay away as it may get nasty.

My boss did say that if i go there, and my face gets on the paper, he will grant me 1 day extra annual leave.

:D what time protest start? hehe.. like join marathon pulak! Got milo car there ah? hehe..

:D what time protest start? hehe.. like join marathon pulak! Got milo car there ah? hehe..

You are baiting me for a spot of tiff, aren't you, but who cares?

It is not a family oriented event, where we have rides and fun and games. It is a serious demonstration of ppl's grievances and should not be taken trivially. Ppl may get hurt, arrested or thrown into ISA lockup.

You can laugh about it now, but i do think there are more serious connotations to the people's show of voices. Have a pity.

For those ppl in the middle class range, like you and I - we might just need to cut a few spending spree (note to wife, pls do so).... but for those lower class, this fuel price hike wiped out whatever salary and savings they might be scrimping on. Ppl on the poverty borderline are the most serious hurt because, this effectively tipped them over to poor category. Fuel hikes have a domino effect, already transporters are increasing transportation costs. Before long, the price of basic neccesities and food will go up.

There is nothing to hehe about..

I heard you, Kintusts.

Worldwide, demonstrations and strikes are one of the few ways people can voice out their grievances. In Malaysia, however, you can be get arrested for it. =.= I find it wrong...but maybe that's because I'm influenced by HB's view on protests - he's French and in France, it's the law that every individual has the right to strike or protest. Since I met him, I've seen dozens of protests and of course, the infamous Parisian riots by youths staying in the banlieues.

People often assume that many Western nations and people living there have little idea what being poor and marginalized. It's hardly fair to come to that assumption. In France, the poor living in housing quarters known as banlieue. Living situations are not pleasant - they are basically high-rised apartments that look more like prisons from the outside. No gardens and definitely no fancy neighbours. External living environments are often bleak. Inside, it's not that great either. These "apartments" are small, may have irregular heating (which is bad when it comes to facing winters) and are poorly managed. Forget about views of the Parisian skyline or any fancy garden. When you're in the banlieue, you're with the poor and down-trodden.

Low cost housing areas are places a decent French would get away from if they could but for people in the banlieue, it's tough. Most are immigrants who don't have high paying jobs or connections and their children go through the phases of adulthood having to put up with trying to integrate into the French culture. One of the underlining issues is this - when youths apply for jobs, they get kicked to the bin because 1) the address on the resume and 2) their name. One man experimented by changing his name - when he used his original Muslim-African name, he was never called for an interview. When he changed it to a regular French name, he received calls from a few companies.

To make matters worse, the French unemployment rate can be as high as 40% in some suburbs...hence the riots and protests. Children have died in that riot and after seeing those banlieaus for myself and listening to HB's story (he stayed in one throughout his uni years because that was all he could afford), I would hardly think it's a laughing matter. Many French take such things seriously.

Since the fuel hike, people in the UK, France and US have demonstrated and protested against it. Before others here think that it's the whole "baling batu and pick a fight with the cops", no it was hardly that. Pretty peaceful and the usual holding up banners and chanting "mottos".

I just hope the government does something proactive in the long run about it.

What u mean 'baiting u', 'ppl may get hurt, arrested or thrown into ISA lockup'?

Haiyo! :o U mean this is an illegal gathering? U dare to spread such a news and invite people to join the protest ah?! Wow! Ur boss support u by giving u one day leave for joining the protest!! aiyoyo... this is a teruk Malaysian!

I personally don't believe in protest coz it disrupts alot of things! :angry:

You are baiting me for a spot of tiff, aren't you, but who cares?

It is not a family oriented event, where we have rides and fun and games. It is a serious demonstration of ppl's grievances and should not be taken trivially. Ppl may get hurt, arrested or thrown into ISA lockup.

You can laugh about it now, but i do think there are more serious connotations to the people's show of voices. Have a pity.

For those ppl in the middle class range, like you and I - we might just need to cut a few spending spree (note to wife, pls do so).... but for those lower class, this fuel price hike wiped out whatever salary and savings they might be scrimping on. Ppl on the poverty borderline are the most serious hurt because, this effectively tipped them over to poor category. Fuel hikes have a domino effect, already transporters are increasing transportation costs. Before long, the price of basic neccesities and food will go up.

There is nothing to hehe about..

does any one go to queue up for fillup their petro tank at night before petro prices increase ? actually i plan to, but after i saw so many car queue up at petro stations, then giveup already..... for those are queue in between, i think they used planty of petro when their car in the queue...