Hi all,

I'm looking for a good cheongsam tailor in IPOH. I'm still contemplating whether to tailor made it or get it from the bridal package. Please advice, wedding due in 300 days (still a long time to go... ) :wink:

anyone had their cheongsam done with jason yek (lot 10) before? how's the workmanship like?

I also have the same question - anyone has made any gowns with Jason Yek? Are his prices expensive? Many thanks.

i 'accidentally' visited emerald brilliant at one utama earlier tis week.. tried on a few off-the-rack CS and had a lengthy discussion bout MTM my CS (she was sketching and all), quoted me very reasonably (i think)... she has all the materials and types of CS cuts to recommend readily on-site.. but didn't confirm wit her cos' i didn't actually plan to visit them anyway.. btw, they're having a promo-display area just outside Watsons.. the workmanships of the ready made ones were pretty good actually.. heavier material to hide the bulges.. the designer who served me was reli good in giving ideas and estimated i cud wear an S-size even when i absolutely can't remember the last time i ever wore an S.. unfortunately i'm one of those with a squarish/column type of body shape.. the gowns fitted reli nicely (albeit an inch or so of alterations).. never though i cud look good in CS :blush: .. one very important thing after reading the many posts and photos on CS is the advice of material (or even overall advice) by the designer.. it's not juz only about reasonable workmanship/tailoring costs (i'm a budget-bride too!)..very important for them to recommend good material and cutting cos' us being regular folks may not know best wat suits our body.. think material and cutting should be decided together at the early stages of having a MTM.. pretty fabrics does not always guarantee tat the end result is good.. even better if the designer is wit u wen making a choice of fabrics.. if having your designer/tailor come along is not possible, then it wud be a really really good idea to go out and try to ur hearts content all types of CS with various cuts and materials!! i had a very informative session with emerald cos' i pretty much knw now wat wud suit me.. :cool: so, i'm better informed wen i discuss tis wit my potential designers..

juz my two cents..

Kindly advise on seamtress/designer who can make a cheongsam for my wedding dinner at an affordable price:) on a tight budget. TQ

Hi,

I know a designer who tailored my dresses for a cheap price. She charges me RM 580 for mine

she is really good at cheongsams, evening dresses and corsets.

Go to her if you need something good and cheap.

She gives good fashion advice and she is young. so that's an advantage.

Wah CT, thats lovely....

anyway, where is the tailor lady ah....

my mum have a nice cloth with beads (a present from her cousin long time ago from Vietnam) so she keep asking me want to MTM any baju with the cloths or not.... so thinking is it easy to get there???

juvannise,

Mrs. Gan office is at Sea Park, PJ.

Hi, Cee Tee! Can you pm me Mrs Gan's contact number? Thanks!

Hi all,

I've read so many positive reviews about Mrs. Gan, which makes me very tempted to try her tailoring. I've a few questions for those who have worked with her before though:

1.) Is Mrs. Gan also good in tailoring other types of clothings other than CS and gowns? I've a few lacy tops and blazers designs that I'd like custom-made (I have the pictures for her to base it from).

2.) Does she own a tailoring shop, or does she work from home? If it's a shop, may I have the exact address? I was thinking of dropping by one day and discuss with her in-person if the above question is positive :)

Hi Synz,

Replying ur Q:-

1) Mrs Gan can do other type of clothes as well, i asked on behalf of my friend for tailoring shirt before and she can do it as well, she said.

2) She used a room in her husband shop for work and she have a seamstress who helped her sew the clothes from home.

If u know seapark area, find the Maybank and CIMB (which both just beside the Shell petrol station in Seapark PJ). her shop is the row behind Maybank & CIMB. Her shop is at the middle, She told me to look for ABC Store (which is just beside her shop). U can call her to guide u to her shop, dun worry.

U can drop by during working hour and working day at her shop to discuss with her..

Hi 999,

Thanks so much for your reply! I kinda live nearby her area, and from your description, I roughly know where it is now. Thanks again :)

I went to see Mrs. Gan last saturday! She is such a warm and friendly person. I feel very comfortable having her make my cheongsam because I can tell that she is very experienced. She gave me few good advices on few areas of the dress, for example I told her that I want a tight fitting dress she commented that it will be rather too uncomfortable if its done too tight because the cloth material is non-stretchable. I also didnt want the slit to be too high above the knee, she told me it would be difficult for me to move around if the slit is low and the dress is too tight! The point is, she didnt just take your words for it, instead she gave very good feedback on what would work and what wouldn't. Overall, it was a pleasant visit and I absolutely can't wait to see the final result of my cheongsam.

p/s: I'm looking for another tailor to do alterations on the wedding gown. Mrs. Gan refuse to do alterations because she's too busy with all her orders! Anyone have any referrals? Thanks.

Pocohantas,

ya, Mrs Gan does. Just show jer the design you want and pass her the material...

since it's getting close to CNY, i think you have to be fast....

hi

may i know what's the name of the shop and ABC store?

thanks

regards

rentan

Hi Synz,

Replying ur Q:-

1) Mrs Gan can do other type of clothes as well, i asked on behalf of my friend for tailoring shirt before and she can do it as well, she said.

2) She used a room in her husband shop for work and she have a seamstress who helped her sew the clothes from home.

If u know seapark area, find the Maybank and CIMB (which both just beside the Shell petrol station in Seapark PJ). her shop is the row behind Maybank & CIMB. Her shop is at the middle, She told me to look for ABC Store (which is just beside her shop). U can call her to guide u to her shop, dun worry.

U can drop by during working hour and working day at her shop to discuss with her..

Thanks for letting us know about your designer. Mind sending me some pictures of your cheongsam/dresses, if that's OK, and her contact, please? My e-mail is sinejane@gmail.com. Thank you!

Kindly advise on seamtress/designer who can make a cheongsam for my wedding dinner at an affordable price:) on a tight budget. TQ

Hi,

I know a designer who tailored my dresses for a cheap price. She charges me RM 580 for mine

Pocohantas,

ya, Mrs Gan does. Just show jer the design you want and pass her the material...

since it's getting close to CNY, i think you have to be fast....

Hi Ceetee,

May I have Mrs Gan's contact number and shop name? I would like to custom-make a qibao for my wedding.

Thanks

Just got my cheongsam back from Mrs Gan. Let's just start by saying that woman has mad skills. I LOVE the dress! It was perfectly sculptured, hugging every curves on the body! Now I just need to watch my weight till the wedding day..

hi... can post to us yr cheong sam for sharing..how much u done?

expenssive?

Just got my cheongsam back from Mrs Gan. Let's just start by saying that woman has mad skills. I LOVE the dress! It was perfectly sculptured, hugging every curves on the body! Now I just need to watch my weight till the wedding day..

Indeed Mrs. Gan is a wonderful lady that will do her very best to make a beautiful cs/gown for everyone. My wedding falls a week after CNY and she is going for vacation during CNY, then I could only come back 3 days before CNY despite she still rush for my cs alteration and done a great job! I love her workmanship. It is really a great CS!! I love the cs very much!! Everyone adores it on my wedding dinner.

Will definitely seek for her again to make gowns when my sister in law get marry.

This is what we called" dedication" and "pro-attitude"

Even though mine is bought of the rack, i still appreciate the effort great seamstresses gave to us.

Without them, we don't know where to spend our RM300++++ on nice CS. :cheers:

This is what we called" dedication" and "pro-attitude"

Even though mine is bought of the rack, i still appreciate the effort great seamstresses gave to us.

Without them, we don't know where to spend our RM300++++ on nice CS. :cheers:

Hi ladies,

Can you give me Mrs gan phone number?

many thanks.

Today, I went to Fah Num, a fabric store located opposite the big Petaling Street signboard. I bought 3 pieces of chinese brocade: 1 piece is 2.8m for a knee-length cheongsam, and 2 pieces are 3.2m each for long cheongsams. The material is gorgeous! I wish I had taken a picture before I sent it to Mrs. Gan for tailoring. The short one is a sweet pale pink, with a sakura pattern. The other 2 are black with hot pink & maroon flowers, and turquoise with silver flowers. But you have to pay for that kind of beauty & quality: RM60 per metre 0_0

I then went to Seapark PJ to see Mrs. Gan. She was very helpful. Even though I had no idea what kind of cheongsam I wanted & didn't even bring any sample designs, she was still able to come up with some suggestions & designs on-the-spot. I was slightly worried, because I can't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, and thought I might not be able to describe some of the things I had in mind, but as it turns out, she speaks good English & she totally got my meaning when I tried to explain what I had in mind, and draw the design on paper for me to confirm that was what I wanted.

So, all in all, for that 1-hour consultation, we managed to come up with 3 different designs for the different chinese brocades. I will be picking up the first piece on the 9th of July. Very excited - can't wait to see how it turns out!

Hi AM78,

Mind to share ur dresses and contact no of the tailor?

TQ

[quote name='am78' post='345520' date='Jun 27 2010, 10:59 PM'

Hi,