fish

DIY hand bouquet&corsage

Hi all,

Just to share my ROM bouquet pictures:

kathy%20bride%20ROM%20bouquet%20n%20dres

Is Gentians Sky with Baby Breaths *^.^* Is a small bouquet, coz for me, I think ROM bouquet should be smaller then PS/AD bouquet.

I did alot of pictures searching on the net to find this bouquet design... like it coz is simple and colour are striking~!

Here's the link for more of my wedding PS bouquets: Kathy's Wedding Bouquets Stories

hie ur bouquet is nice although cant see it clearly, but i think is those hand-tied bouquet which makes u looks gorgeous!

my DIY gerberas bouquet. the whole bouquet of 10 gerberas cost me RM16 including the ribbons.

n66108387013099765644bp0.jpg

too bad flattened d..

Hi fish,

yes it's hand tied but we did not manage to shoot any details of it though.

here's another angle of the bouquet.

n6610838701299617528mf1.jpg

the flowers couldn't stay in shape after FH cut off the lower part of the stem. the stem was like losing support and the flowers were dropping down. maybe because i bought them 1 day earlier for the PS. had to hold them tight to keep them in place lor.

hi all,

i m about to DIY my hand bouquet for my pre wedding shooting.

i m going to do something like the purple silk bouquet that Beautifulgown had.

any idea where can i get silk flower in kl?

i just saw some in lovely lace, i guess i will go for that.

You are all very talented people. I haven't got green fingers so I'm a bit scared about this. ANyone know where to get callas in PJ or KL area? I'm guessing florists are too expensive?

Hi, I know this is abit weird, I'm thinking of DIY-ing the flowers too. But where do you buy those ribbons? I kinda need alot of those but not sure where in KL/PJ or shop I could get a good price. anyone can help?

You are all very talented people. I haven't got green fingers so I'm a bit scared about this. ANyone know where to get callas in PJ or KL area? I'm guessing florists are too expensive?

Err... I'm not sure where to get fresh calla lilites, but I do agree that florists are very expensive, my simple long stem calla lilies hand bouquet costs a whopping 100 bucks! I used it for my ROM, even my actual day hand bouquet was cheaper

Err... I'm not sure where to get fresh calla lilites, but I do agree that florists are very expensive, my simple long stem calla lilies hand bouquet costs a whopping 100 bucks! I used it for my ROM, even my actual day hand bouquet was cheaper

Yeah!! I just got a quotation for loose Calla lillies. RM10 per stalk. It IS very expensive though i absolutely adore them. Sigh... :bye: have to say bye bye. Maybe I'll get 4-5 stalks and tie with satin ribbon. Think can last from morning till dinner time for march in?

where r u from? if u can make it down to petaling street, there is a wholesaler for flowers there.

i always buy flowers there, cheap n fresh. my favorite casablancas are only RM25 per bag of 6 stalks with multiple buds. (florists sell RM8-15 perstalk)

eustomas are RM35 per bag.

from the LRT walking towards the cross junction of PStreet, it will be on your left. very big shop with loads of flowers.

dont go to those smaller ones around it. there is only one good wholesaler there. it should eb either the 1 or 2nd shop u see walking from the direction i mentioned.

they display flowers long long parallel to the street road.

entrance is in the middle. one side is ready bouquets and the other side is fresh flowers in buckets n racks.

loads of variety and a few imported types. ivy leaves are 7.50 per bag ^__^ hope this helps

davinci,

your rom hand bouquet looks nice =)

how much does it costs?

I DIY this rose bouquet for my mum, my mistake I used tulle to wrap it .. alamak .. I'm really stupid la!

And do you noticed? one of the pink roses cacat de! O.o .. aiks!

DIY3.jpg

DIY5.jpg

davinci,

your rom hand bouquet looks nice =)

how much does it costs?

I DIY this rose bouquet for my mum, my mistake I used tulle to wrap it .. alamak .. I'm really stupid la!

And do you noticed? one of the pink roses cacat de! O.o .. aiks!

BG thanks.

hmm if i apportioned d no. of stalk of roses tat i used is roughly rm30 + ribbon rm8/- = RM38/- lor

y cant tulle?..nice ah. just abit big on d wrapper only.

cacat? at least ur rose bloom! :lol:

I need some white roses for my PS shooting... so I did go to petaling street to have a look....

I went to the shop that aisumomo mentioned, but I found that the white roses are all so 'layu', I dun think I'll use it at all.

Do we need to get those special roses so that it can last longer? I mean at least for the whole day of shooting.

davinci,

RM38 for your bouquet ah! cheap =P look at bouquet that I gave to my mum, RM28 for roses, RM4 for tulle ribbon left over from my DIY, total is RM32.

Sigh .. really hard to wrap with tulle =.="" this is really call never try never know =D hahaha .. learn from mistake =P

Qtee,

Roses normally doesn't last long especially under hot sun, it 'layu' kinda fast, is that whole day OD shooting?

omg davinci!!! we share something in common ahaha

i also bought sweet williams for my hand bouquet at petaling street ^__^

will get photos of Ad tmr but i have some pics

i made 10 corsages, 5 ji mui hand bouquet and my own AD bouquet.

handbouquet.jpg

i didnt want the usual types as the BS already gave me a common rose setting one for morning.

i wanted it to match my garden theme but not just any ole flower arrangement.

i decided to get this cabbage looking one to be used as the middle.

its really cute. when i first made it the cabbage was quite huge so i peeled off half its size.

the sweet williams still hadnt bloomed yet. so u have this big cabbage in the middle with small flowers around finished with cabbage like leaves around the edges. as the day wore on and the next day came, the sweet williams bloomed causing the cabbage to be kinda squished in the middle. thus the cabbage grew smaller in size and the flowers aroudn it grew in size. i didnt notice it till i compared the initial photos with the dinner ones. i was too tired by the time i finished everything the night before so i didnt take any pictures x.x

Qtee: they have 2 types, the cheaper ones and more expensive ones. the more exp ones are RM18 for 15 stalks all foam netting wrapped and boxed up. the time u go to buy is very important. their stocks usually come in about 9pm or so if i rmrb correctly as i went wlak walk the PS at night n saw them unloading. so imagine by the time the next day afternoon all cfm left those ppl choose already n layu coz of heat. best to go before 12...even then alot ppl will be grabbing liao. when i went it was like a battle field...all pushing to get the nice stocks. i bought a whole lot so i managed to get teh girl to get me nicer ones from their store =x

i also bought 60 stalks of red roses for floral arrangements at my house for morning session.

BG,

Will be 1.5days...hmm,kenot last long arr,maybe only use for 2nd half day..

Aisumomo,

Thanks for da info..no wonder all da flowers so layu as I went there in da late afternoon..hehe

Anyhow,got 1 florist selling rm1.8 per rose at usj..as I js nd a ribbon on it,so da gal said will only charge for da ribbons n roses..I js nd like a dozen n I stay near to usj,maybe I shud js get it here oh

davinci,

RM38 for your bouquet ah! cheap =P look at bouquet that I gave to my mum, RM28 for roses, RM4 for tulle ribbon left over from my DIY, total is RM32.

ya..tat y i wan to diy. luckily hubby willing to fetch me down to Petaling street.

omg davinci!!! we share something in common ahaha

i also bought sweet williams for my hand bouquet at petaling street ^__^

will get photos of Ad tmr but i have some pics

i made 10 corsages, 5 ji mui hand bouquet and my own AD bouquet.

Qtee: they have 2 types, the cheaper ones and more expensive ones. the more exp ones are RM18 for 15 stalks all foam netting wrapped and boxed up.

wah!! ur bouquet look so pretty & special!

haha tat one call sweet williams? TQ cos i have no idea what flower it is ..just bought it cos it's really cute!

they are so many pretty flowers lar. i wan to buy alot at first! just tat hubby give me a weird look =_=

so ended up bought 2 bags only. ...

err i bought d rose as what u descripe, but when home, found out got 19 stalks instead. it look nicer & bigger compare to others, but it still wont bloom! haha maybe i dunno how to treat it. :lol:

yeah they tend to open much slower but very big bud and dense with petals.

probably takes about a day for it to open n slightly warmer tempreature.

u wont like them whenthey fully open though not pretty. these types look better closed to semi open only.

i also bought them coz they were cute!! my MUA is the one who told me the name of it.

i initially wanted to get eustomas but those that were left looked horrible.

i seriously think doing all these floral stuff yourself can help u save so much more $$ 6__^

i also bought them coz they were cute!!

i seriously think doing all these floral stuff yourself can help u save so much more $$ 6__^

:cheers:

ya, really save money but only if u got time! haha.

momo,

your bouquet was unique and nice!

Qtee,

Maybe you can prepare some silk bouquet which oso look nicer.

In Kuching, the flowers will come to wholeseller in the evening, so that's the best time to buy. I haven't check with them what type of flowers they have, beside roses I plan to get some lily for house decor on AD.

davinci,

yeah! heeheh .. nice bouquet and didn't cost a lot. =P

Ya .. most important thing is time, if you have time you can DIY. I will only DIY the corsages and wrist corsages for jimui, don't think I have time for others, now I can see I have lots of things need to do before AD. gesss :S

helo...i made my own hand bouquet for ROM. flowers bought from petaling street :lol:

xcwithflower.jpg

hb.jpg

hb2.jpg

The flowers are so beautiful!!!! :wub:

momo,

your bouquet was unique and nice!

Qtee,

Maybe you can prepare some silk bouquet which oso look nicer.

In Kuching, the flowers will come to wholeseller in the evening, so that's the best time to buy. I haven't check with them what type of flowers they have, beside roses I plan to get some lily for house decor on AD.

davinci,

yeah! heeheh .. nice bouquet and didn't cost a lot. =P

Ya .. most important thing is time, if you have time you can DIY. I will only DIY the corsages and wrist corsages for jimui, don't think I have time for others, now I can see I have lots of things need to do before AD. gesss :S

Thanks BG for the suggestion. Will have to check on it where to buy =D

Yup, agree. If no time, better dun get urself into this as you might not doing right for many things if 1 task is screwed up.

Qtee,

no problem =)

I had 1 fresh bouquet for first day, then second day is silk bouquet, for variety ya, so that you will see 2 differ bouquest in your album rather than 1. =)

I can see myself very busy when day nearby, meeting with helpers, final rehearsal (at least 2 nights for the songs) bridal car decor, house decor, corsages, wirst corsages, baking (for simple cake) .. ahh final gown fitting with tailor, meeting with MUA .. dealing with banquet .. ahhh .. =S hing! O.o

Qtee,

no problem =)

I had 1 fresh bouquet for first day, then second day is silk bouquet, for variety ya, so that you will see 2 differ bouquest in your album rather than 1. =)

I can see myself very busy when day nearby, meeting with helpers, final rehearsal (at least 2 nights for the songs) bridal car decor, house decor, corsages, wirst corsages, baking (for simple cake) .. ahh final gown fitting with tailor, meeting with MUA .. dealing with banquet .. ahhh .. =S hing! O.o

Oh yeah, I'm thinking of having different bouquet. One is the white rose with simple ribbon, another one is in a hand carry basket. The picture is at home, maybe I'll upload it tonite.

Need you gals to tell me what flower is that =D