lawrence

Working with photoshop

Hi,

Just would like to find out whether there is anyone who is interested to learn photoshop.

I can provide some basic knowledge and answer your questions, provided I know the answer. I am still learning, too. :)

If you are already good in the basics, you may still learn some of the stuff I use to make the photos nice.

And it may start with a Q&A session, followed by a full work flow of snapping the digital photo, store into the HDisk, use Pshop to touch up

to make it look great.

It is probably a couple of workshops to get you started with photoshop for beginners. The software has

a learning curve and it may be a bit difficult for beginners to get started, but it becomes very powerful when you get familiar with it.

Just my way of giving back for the support from members here.

It is probably a 2 hour session, at some convenient location, perhaps coffeebean or some shopping centre.

Probably held during a weekend. Do bring your digital cameras and we will touch

up the photos there and then. In the end, the objective is enjoy ourselves while learning.

Do bring your hubby for company and get him to shoot you, with some great poses... :)

If you don't have a camera, just bring your digital photos... will do.

Of course I will also use my cameras and take one or two portrait shots for you too.

If anyone is keen, put your name here so that I can gauge the interest whether to go ahead with it or not.

Thanks

how many pax? Well, depends on the response. If we can get at least about 5 persons, it should be worthwhile to go ahead.. :)

actually the more the merrier...

Wow.. I wish could join too! Too bad I'm too far away.. I'm hoping to learn something on my own too this Xmas hols. I've got some lessons on CDs. So far, I've been editting my photos in Macromedia Fireworks, but with the merger of Adobe and Macromedia, I might as well learn up Photoshop :P

Lawrence,

What are the requirements for the workshop? Laptop? Software?

well,

If you are using photoshop ver 7 and above is good enough. Not photoshop elements though.

If can, bring your own laptop.

I will probably touch on the following:

color fixing

sharpening images

underexposed or overexposed fixing ( up to a certain extent )

remove pimples or moles or put in a mole or two at critical areas

if there is time:-

merging of two or more photos in one photo / blending in

soft focus to create a dream like appearance

layers and masks

black white conversions

putting in text

perhaps to change the color of your eyes

hehehe.... am more interested on the layering... i can't decide whether i'll be able to join until the date and time is confirm...

Date can be this 15 or 16 Dec. Time can be flexible.

Place can be your choice.... Curve, One Utama or Midvalley.

Do suggest the place but anywhere in Klang valley is fine.

Oh..If 15th Dec or 16th Dec, I can't make it. Is my BIG day....Sorry...

After the date I can makr it lo..

Date can be this 15 or 16 Dec. Time can be flexible.

Place can be your choice.... Curve, One Utama or Midvalley.

Do suggest the place but anywhere in Klang valley is fine.

Micbabe, no problem. Those who have had their AD over can learn too. You probably have a ton of photos that you like to touch up. Main thing is to have fun in a gathering to share knowledge as it is the digital age.

I would suggest 15 Dec 2007 at the Curve. Time: 2:30pm

Please put your name in the list for those who would like to attend.

1. Allyson and hubby

2. Joeybabe and hubby

3. Rosayee and partner

Lawrence, I'm in as well. Pls include me in d list for 1 pax for the time being. Aint sure if my hb can make it or not all d way from BM. Cheers!

Hi Lawrence,

ok, count me in. am not sure whether HB can make it or not.

Will try to persuade him to be in the list!

Can't wait to meet up with u all!

WORKSHOP TO USE PHOTOSHOP TO TOUCH UP PHOTOS

- Informal atmosphere, interactive, friendly company

- chat a lot, drink a lot, share a lot, work a lot, learn a lot, laugh a lot..

- main thing is to make new friends

- may be starting with basics but will move on to advanced stuff fairly quickly as young people learn fast

- please bring your laptops so that you can use it once you go home, hands on guidance can be provided where necessary so no worries for those who may be a bit lost

- photoshop version 7, Photoshop CS, Photoshop CS2 and the latest is Photoshop CS3 ... will be ok to use

- if no laptop, then bring some note papers and pen

- bring your camera if you have

( I think after the workshop, you may dream in photoshop a lot, one of the side effects..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest list, last updated: 4 Dec 2007, 9.50 am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 15 Dec 2007, Saturday at the Curve (Tentatively at Starbucks inside Borders bookshop, but may change so take down my mobile )

Time: 2:30pm

Lawrence's mobile: 012-3811200

Please put your name in the thread. Latest listing

1. Allyson

2. Joeybabe and hubby

3. Rosayee and partner

4. Lil'C

5. Micbabe

6. Joeyjoe

7. Meiteoh

8. Coffee and James

9. Daddyo

mummyally, I will have another one if got enough people interested. ...

May also do one session on photography at a later time, is anyone keen on photography.... ???

Lawrence dear..

It will be 1 pax for me only.....

Not sure if the Apartment@the curve can fulfill the "power point" requirements.. esp when my laptop can last only 30 mins

I have Photoshop CS2, can still be used?

Hi Lawrence, I love to come but unable to as I would be back JB then. Sigh... If only you can have another session at another date probably mid of January 08 for those who could not make it this round.

Hi, Lawrence,

I have a few question on photography, can I post my topic in MB to ask you??? Do you think it is convinient if I post the question in forum to ask, (cos MB member can share), if not then better pm you?

My question in photography is mostly regarding the lightings, or colour. Cos the same venue, same day, photo taken by me and prof are really looks different, in colour and lightings.

no worry, I have no interest to do photography at all :-p It is cos I want to take photos on the decor stuffs we did.

Thanks ya!

Hi Coffee,

Sure thing you can ask either through PM or in this forum to share. no worries.

what is your question? Colour is different? It will be, if different cameras are used, it depends on the white balance set before you snap the photo.

But you can adjust the colors through photoshop, quite satisfactorily. It is quite easy to change and also depends on the monitor or lcd screen on your PC. Different monitors may have slight differences in the colors displayed from one monitor to the next.

Lawrence, please include me in as well! Am curious to know if what I'm doing so far is accurate coz I've always used online sites as my reference! :)