SallyComMy

All about breastfeeding

My supply's dropping too as I changed my feeding from every 3 hrs to 4 hrs.

I'm ok with it as long as what I pump out is enough for him to take *touch wood*

hi all,

I am so happy that i found this topic.

I am on BF for 4 months and targetting to bf for 1 year ( if possible).

I have some questions here, hoping that some expert BF mama can clear my doubt.

My baby sitter told me that my frozen milk is more yellow and oily than the milk that i save in fridge (not frozen).

My baby seems don like the frozen milk. Is the milk spoilt?

hi all,

I am so happy that i found this topic.

I am on BF for 4 months and targetting to bf for 1 year ( if possible).

I have some questions here, hoping that some expert BF mama can clear my doubt.

My baby sitter told me that my frozen milk is more yellow and oily than the milk that i save in fridge (not frozen).

My baby seems don like the frozen milk. Is the milk spoilt?

You definitely can breastfeed for at least 1 year, keep motivating yourself! :lol:

That's not true, sometimes fridge milk can be yellow too and the amount of fat in the milk can be different from day to day.

There was once when I pumped at 9am, the color was its usual milk color, when I pumped again at 12 noon after lunch, the milk that came out was yellow, no idea what caused that :smile:

The taste of frozen milk can change, some frozen milk smells very strong/yucky after defrosted but as long as you defrost it safely, it's fine. To hide the taste for my baby, I usually feed my baby a mixture of 1/2 frozen and 1/2 fresh milk every day at my MIL's place.

How much can you all pump out at 1 time? The most I can get is probably 15 oz using manual pump and 5 oz using electric pump. Seems so pathetic as my baby drinks nearly 40 oz if we give her formula.

How old is your baby?

Sometimes your baby doesn't need that much but is just drinking because you're feeding your baby.

My baby drinks around 3oz - 4oz every 3/4 hours since birth, he's now close to 9 months.

Since I work full time, it means I need to prepare around 12oz fresh milk, my MIL will mix this with frozen milk for around 4oz per serving.

What's left of the fresh milk, I freeze it.

When I'm home/weekends, I just feed direct.

mermyz, we should be able to pump out as much as our baby drinks coz our BM is produced based on demand. My 2 mo drinks 3 oz every 2.5-3 hours. I will pump out about 6 oz extra a day just as buffer, in case my supply drop if I'm stressed out, etc. You've been supplementing your baby with FM? Maybe that is why you can't pump out as much?

Has anyone experienced a fussy baby during breastfeeding? My baby is now 3 weeks old. I need at least 15 mins to latch him on each time when I feed. Once he is latched on he will suck steadily. Is this normal? I have tried to use my nipple to put on his lips during the start but he will keep pulling me away so I put him down and he will cry with his mouth rooting for my breast. Sometimes my milk drops but he still refuse to open his mouth widely to suck. Usually after 15 to 20 mins of battle then only he suck like normal.

a little bit of vent here...

what's wrong wiht my sister?? i really dont know...

she told me she very concern about her baby... she now eat all the good

supplements so that the baby will come out smart.. she eat birdnest..etc la

then i told her, want a smart baby by eating all the supplements during pregnancy is not enough..

u have to teach him and nurturing him. After give birth u put him at baby sitter day and night..

or weekend bring him back.. u and ur hb smoking like nobody business, the house constantly

got ppl in and out ppl come play mahjong whole day long...

the room is locked aircond is on and ppl smoking indoor.

everyone is the house using bad words and talking very loudly... and yelling each other.

i told her, if u want smart baby u have to bf also. she asked me what happened to my frozen milk?

i told her my supply is low and tristan is slowly drinking up the stock. I hope can last him till he is 1yrs old.

guess wat she ask me? BF is for smarter babies meh?? i thought is to built immune system only coz got

antibodi???

OMG!!! she want a smarter baby than a healthy baby??? what is on her mind?

then she said,. i dont want to bf, coz i see u pump... u very ugly!

ur breast drop until waist! i dont want!

wahlau... !

If I were you, I oso heng la. She think what? Her boobs will stay at chest level until the day she die ka? =.=

a little bit of vent here...

what's wrong wiht my sister?? i really dont know...

she told me she very concern about her baby... she now eat all the good

supplements so that the baby will come out smart.. she eat birdnest..etc la

then i told her, want a smart baby by eating all the supplements during pregnancy is not enough..

u have to teach him and nurturing him. After give birth u put him at baby sitter day and night..

or weekend bring him back.. u and ur hb smoking like nobody business, the house constantly

got ppl in and out ppl come play mahjong whole day long...

the room is locked aircond is on and ppl smoking indoor.

everyone is the house using bad words and talking very loudly... and yelling each other.

i told her, if u want smart baby u have to bf also. she asked me what happened to my frozen milk?

i told her my supply is low and tristan is slowly drinking up the stock. I hope can last him till he is 1yrs old.

guess wat she ask me? BF is for smarter babies meh?? i thought is to built immune system only coz got

antibodi???

OMG!!! she want a smarter baby than a healthy baby??? what is on her mind?

then she said,. i dont want to bf, coz i see u pump... u very ugly!

ur breast drop until waist! i dont want!

wahlau... !

she got more than one issue to tackle there... i can see how yours and her thinking is soooo different

lol. reminds me of when my other half's aunt commented how my tits will be dangling like a cow's. my reply? yours oso lou neen wat ??? same same.

BAMMM! hit her on her face.

she woke up.

:lol:

lol. reminds me of when my other half's aunt commented how my tits will be dangling like a cow's. my reply? yours oso lou neen wat ??? same same.

BAMMM! hit her on her face.

she woke up.

:lol:

haha... it sags no matter what la..

what's wrong with all these people...

I feel so happy now. My inlaw who keep on recommend me formula now agree to how wonderful breastmilk is... "your baby hardly sick hor... Whole house down with cold and she's alright ", "she's a smart girl"

Mommies who facing problem out there, keep on your good work... It's worth everything.

Hi All,

My 1 mo baby had BM jaundice from 3rd day of birth for 3 weeks. Her jaundice only stabilised after I stopped BF. Since then she is fully on FM. I wonder if it is save for me to start BF her again? Will the BM jaundice comes back? I seek professional advice and they told me it is OK to have a prolonged BM jaundice. My husband, my entire family and myself were very stressed over the jaundice. We were in and out of hospital many times.

I hope to have an answer from your experiences. Thanks.

Hi All,

My 1 mo baby had BM jaundice from 3rd day of birth for 3 weeks. Her jaundice only stabilised after I stopped BF. Since then she is fully on FM. I wonder if it is save for me to start BF her again? Will the BM jaundice comes back? I seek professional advice and they told me it is OK to have a prolonged BM jaundice. My husband, my entire family and myself were very stressed over the jaundice. We were in and out of hospital many times.

I hope to have an answer from your experiences. Thanks.

I don't quite understand here, why do you need to stop breastfeeding then only her jaundice will stabilize? My boy had very bad jaundice too, to the level that he had to go for blood transfusion if i had not send him for check up. My son was put on phototheraphy immediately and glucose drip to speed up the break down of bilirubin. At the same time, provide him lotsa of fluid, which includes whatever EBM that i could provide and top up with FM. After 48 hours, his level dropped below the borderline and we decided to discharge him, although we were advised to let baby stay for another day. Since then i have been providing him lotsa fluid, by breastfeeding first, EBM second and top up with formula. So the key note here is, lotsa fluid!!! Day by day, he doesn't look that yellow and after a week, he is very active and no longer sleepy.

So, i don't think BF is the cause for jaundice and it is not necessary to go on fully FM. By the time my baby is 3 weeks old, i m back to fully breastfeed again. Hope this helps.

blutulip,

i think u can bf, maybe u bring ur baby to visit Dr Koe and tell her ur situation.

both of my babies have jaundice and it up to few weeks after born. My 1st baby still have jaundice even during fullmoon that time.

1st time parents of course i'm so worried about it. During the 5th day check up his level is 170, and doc said have to monitor

if it's going up again we shall see how. I bring him nearby shoplot hospital everyday to took the blood test.. the level is low but he still

yellowish so after few days, I bring him back to SunMed, and find out that his level is 250+ so straight away admit him and he goes

under phototherapy for 2 day. and the level went down below 200+, I know about breastfeed jaundice, so i keep on asking the nurses

there should i stop bf? she said NO, keep on feeding him coz bf will help to bring down the jaundice... so i just keep on bf...

and ofcourse doc also got do bloodtest on him to make sure no other problem that causing the jaundice..

during that confinement month, i stop taking all the alcohol, ginger and herbs..

for my 2nd baby, i pray that he will not have serious jaundice, but then still got.. this time my mom stop putting wolf berries in my

longan drinks ask she suspect it causing the jaundice... we bring him back after 1 week for review, they paed confirmed he has

jaundice but no need to admit, seriously his jaundice level is more than his brother. (i cant remember) then ask me to bring him

back again after 2 weeks if still have jaundice, after 2 week my baby still have jaundice.. this time doc take urine test + blood test.

the result is out and nothing serious, i ask him does we need to admit my baby? he said dont have ask ur baby is already 3weeks old

so it's ok, just keep on bf him. by the time his fullmoon, the jaundice is already gone..

Can I add that it's normal for Asian babies to have this type of jaundice (yes, there are a few different types) and on top of that, jaundice for a few weeks? If anything, blame it on our genes and not BM. :)

my girl have jaundice for 1 month++.. that is cause by my BM but my girl's pead did not ask me stop BF.. she ask me continue BF my girl as much as possible.. BM will help up.. also ask me try not to take chinese herbs and ginger coz that will cause BM jaundice...

meiteoh,

agree with u.. most of the asian bb will have jaundice issue just the matter of how serious they are..

I like to ask all expirance BF mom here.. my milk supply suddent drop to half.. my girl now is 4months old.. I don't know why its suddent drop... my hubby said Im too tired but Im having my daily routine.. any one of u know how to increase back the milk supply...??

dear mummies,

my boy refuse my boobs when he is 6 mo and recently my supply drop till very low and almost dry up. since last 2 weeks, i can only manage to pump 3oz every 4 hours, then gradually drop to 2 oz every 4 hours, 2 days ago i only manage to get 0.5oz. Is that possible to re-lactate again? how can i increase my supply again?

hi, can my 2Y1M boy drink my newborn baby breast milk?

i just delivered my babay gal on 29/5. n and i got access breast milk which more than enough..

Yes he can though. Many colls in my company feed theor excess milk to their older kid but he might not like it. 1 way is to mix it in his usual glass of milk so he's not aware

i just delivered my babay gal on 29/5. n and i got access breast milk which more than enough..

it will be better to stock up the access for rainy days. unless you have half the freezer stocked up, then any access is best to be shared with your older child.

Is your period coming? Or are you sick/tired at the moment? I find that when I'm really tired or getting sick, my supply drops but once I get enough rest, it goes up again.

Have you tried stuff like eating oats/taking fenugreek to boost your supply? You might also want to try milkmaid tea?

dear mummies,

my boy refuse my boobs when he is 6 mo and recently my supply drop till very low and almost dry up. since last 2 weeks, i can only manage to pump 3oz every 4 hours, then gradually drop to 2 oz every 4 hours, 2 days ago i only manage to get 0.5oz. Is that possible to re-lactate again? how can i increase my supply again?