Gals and guys

With a budget of 5k, about what carat i can get if i want something as below:

Color : as long as it dun look yellowish under normal light.

Clarity and cut : No idea, as long as they shine very brighly...

Certification : A must. perhaps GIA since it's much more afforable.

No need setting. As i can set them later when i have the budget again. (although i plan to have platinum setting )

Pls advice.

My advise would be, go check out a few reputable jewellers and compare what they could offer you based on your budget....

Btw, on my own experience, i guess you should be able to fetch a GIA certified 0.4X ct E or F colored stone with VVS1 or 2 and 3X... but well i could be wrong

hi, want to consult about rings.

Found this at D&P

0.24 E VS2 - RM3610

0.23 F VS1 - RM3460

0.30 G S1 - RM4299

Is it over priced or acceptable market price?

hi, want to consult about rings.

Found this at D&P

0.24 E VS2 - RM3610

0.23 F VS1 - RM3460

0.30 G S1 - RM4299

Is it over priced or acceptable market price?

estrella or GIA?

bunnyNwife,

With your expertise & knowledge, do you have any knowledge of what do you say of TSL's diamond, compare to degem or D&P? I am pretty much look into TSL because is introduced by close family friend, it is really pricey, would like to know what the different of TSL and other diamond outlets. The staff at TSL does not explain clearly on GIA like the way you did.

bunnyNwife,

With your expertise & knowledge, do you have any knowledge of what do you say of TSL's diamond, compare to degem or D&P? I am pretty much look into TSL because is introduced by close family friend, it is really pricey, would like to know what the different of TSL and other diamond outlets. The staff at TSL does not explain clearly on GIA like the way you did.

I mentioned somewhere b4 that GIA is just a cert to tell us the spec of the diamond. Any shops can sell GIA stones and there is no particular shop will sell more superior GIA stone than others and thus dun need to pay a premium becos of the shop. In another word, you may get GIA stone from any shop who can give u the best price for the same spec of stone. Only need to be cautious that some bad jeweler who sell you a GIA stone which no longer carry the same spec as per the cert i.e. the surface of the stone are scatched post certification, etc. Therefore it's important to go to a reputable jeweler or shop that you are familar with to buy expensive stones.

I never deal with TSL Msia b4 thus I am not able to make any comments. I only heard from an ex colleague where she got sub-standard stone (non certified) from TSL in HK where the stone was lower colour & clarify from what they claimed. It happened many years ago la. Also the TSL founder recently went to jail due some CBT or bribery issue. However another colleague of mine, her sister is a loyal supporter of TSL Penang and she is very satisfy with their service & quality. No matter what, you should still get a few quotes from a few other shops before making up your mind. Money is in your pocket, no need to rush. Dun let them convince u into placing a deposit unless u r sure that you really want the stone and they r giving u a very good price.

fyi, we are looking 1 carat above, budget of less than 25k, that's why we prefer reliable diamond outlet.

really appreciate your feedback and advise on the GIA just now. do you mind to share how much in average shall we budget for 1 carat, because the price gap are alot of varies, some quoted 15k+, some are even over 40k. appreciate very much if you could lighten us your knowleage in this matter.

fyi, we are looking 1 carat above, budget of less than 25k, that's why we prefer reliable diamond outlet.

As a rough guide, for below 25k, u can get 1ct triple EX stone with G/H colour VS clarity. If u forgo triple EX and be happy with "Very Good" rating, then u may get E/F colour with VS clarity.

Since u have read most of my posts here, u would know that I am a Degem Bangsar supporter. I will recommend you to drop by & check them out. Carat Club is also on the same street. Do go there as well as they do have good selection of 1ct stones.

Hi all,

Like to ask from all lazare expert, is the below diamond spec good?

Lazare diamond

Color: E

Clarity: VS1

Carat: 0.32

What is the reasonable price for it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Lazare diamond

Thanks in advance.

I paid 6+k 4 years ago for E VVS2 0.33 (with simple 4 craws pendant setting in platinum). Not sure about the current pricing. If you are looking for an engagement ring, I would suggest you to go for bigger stone and drop the colour to F/G/H colour since the colour is not very noticeable thanks to the superb cutting of Lazare.

hello all...

Is it important to have certificate for diamond?

Recently my FH bought me a diamond as an engagement ring, its not certified by GIA/AGS but in-house grading by SK (in Singapore) I'm not sure if its a cheap bargain buy, but I'm contented coz it was more than what I expected and its looks clear and sparkling.. best of all, it was within budget. :)

Colour: Near colourless (this is mentioned on the receipt, the salesgirl mentioned it is between G,H colour)

Cut: No mention

Clarity: VS-SI

Carat: 0.49

bunnynwife, perhaps you can advise me if this is OK price to pay? I know the specs I provide here is not very clear, but that's all that is stated. We paid S$969 for this ring. Thinking of getting a pair of earrings but not sure if its worth it.

I also own a small 0.3 something(less than 0.35, but dont remember exact), F color, A Cut above the rest, H&A diamond which I bought few years ago from US, www.whiteflash.com.. the thing is when I look through the scope at both diamonds, they look almost the same, as in sparkle. The 0.49 diamond is obviously bigger in size, but otherwise, can't really tell the difference. Someone please teach me some tips on how to look at diamond besides the certificate? I'm wondering if I paid a lot for the whiteflash diamond and kena ripped off coz I remember it costing about USD$550-580 and the setting was almost S$350...

Hey everyone,

Was wondering what you all thought of this deal:

1) 0.51c / AGS-Triple 0 Ideal / VS1 / I - RM3900

2) WG 2.5mm setting with 26 channel-set sidestones - RM2400

It looks like this:

82291215.jpg

Hi all,

Lazare diamond

Thanks in advance.

I paid 6+k 4 years ago for E VVS2 0.33 (with simple 4 craws pendant setting in platinum). Not sure about the current pricing. If you are looking for an engagement ring, I would suggest you to go for bigger stone and drop the colour to F/G/H colour since the colour is not very noticeable thanks to the superb cutting of Lazare.

Heard that you have just make your purchase -> RM6+k including platinum setting is a good buy. Hopefully your gf will love the engagement ring.

happyhen,

The price diff between a G VS1 and H SI3 can be quite huge. BTW I is also deemed near colourless. Also the cut plays a big part in the price too. I am sorry that I wont be able to comment on your ring.

its ok, thanks anyway bunnynwife. :) how about the earlier ring I bought? overpriced?

I'm still in love with this no cert ring, coz its from someone special and will be my engagement ring. :)

D5 - 0.015 what does it means?

My hubby brought the ring and the receipt there wrote this code.. I dont understand at all.

Help pls.. :wub:

its ok, thanks anyway bunnynwife. :) how about the earlier ring I bought? overpriced?

I'm still in love with this no cert ring, coz its from someone special and will be my engagement ring. :)

Actually it doesnt matter whether with cert or not so long it's from your dearest!! The whiteflash one seems cheap for colour F.. anyway online purchase also cheaper but it involved great risk in shipping and u need to find a realiable online shop.

yahiko

If I am not mistaken,

D = diamond

5 = 5 diamonds

0.015 = 0.015 carat in total for 5 diamonds

Hi all,

Lazare diamond

Thanks in advance.

Heard that you have just make your purchase -> RM6+k including platinum setting is a good buy. Hopefully your gf will love the engagement ring.

Hi bunnyNwife,

Yes i bought the ring already and proposed too. My gf love it, but when I get the ring, it wasn't to my expectation. Something went wrong. But Micheal fixed it for me and give a small discount for the problem caused. Overall I'm okay with it, but after brought the ring back home, not sure why doesn't look as great as when in the jewelry shop. Not sure is because of the ring setting.

Have to go back to Degem to craft name onto the ring this Saturday because due to earlier problem it cannot be done on time. Hopeful this time everything will be okay (cross finger).

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

Pop,

If you are not fully satisfied with the quality of the workmanship, get them to re-do it or fix it. I got them re-do my mum pendant as I found out that the back panel wasn't alligned properly. As for the shine of the stone, I always advice others to view/compare the stone under normal white light instead of those yellow spotlight. Also if the setting blocks/reduces the amount of light getting thru the stone, it will again affect the shine/brilliant - thus those wrap around kinda of setting is a big no no to me. One must understand that the stone will only shines/reflects light provided you are in a bright place. No light = No brilliant.

hi there.... just joined this forum,

i was wondering whether is this diamond a good buy:

This Is According to the GIA Cert

CARAT: 0.36

CUT: Triple EX

COLOR: F

CLARITY: VS1

PRICE: RM2700

i was told if i wanted a 0.5 carat would be double the price..... is it true?

hi there.... just joined this forum,

i was wondering whether is this diamond a good buy:

This Is According to the GIA Cert

CARAT: 0.36

CUT: Triple EX

COLOR: F

CLARITY: VS1

PRICE: RM2700

i was told if i wanted a 0.5 carat would be double the price..... is it true?

well kinda.... 0.5 the same spec..u'll probably be looking at 5+ to 6k....

Im new for this forum.. Last few days my bf bought diamond to me i wanna know price diamond as below:

GIA Report

Name: Biro88

Size: 0.58 carat

Color Grade: H

Clarity Grade: VS2

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Platinum ring 950 size 16

Hope can answer my question.. :rolleyes:

JUST A COMMENT

Diamond is forever.

Let me add another: Diamond is priceless.

What I mean is, if you love a diamond piece, and if you can afford to buy it, it is never a too expensive item for you to spend on.

In aother words, if you have tons of money, go ahead and buy all the diamonds you want. You'd contributing to the world by putting your money into the market to generate businesses and help many people earn a living.

But if you are stranded on an island after a shipwreck, and you're about to die of hunger, a loaf of bread would be more precious to you than a block of diamond.