Sign in to follow this  
chooz

Travelling with baby

babyjazz80,

Ok ok, will share with you girls soon... first need to select some of my baby's pics ... too many pics to choose from, dunno where to start ... then I need to figure out how to post pics here ... can't seem to post from photobucket :unsure: .... need some time ya :)

vIv,

When you were in the hotel in Bangkok, how did you manage to bathe Naomi? And during the flight, were you able to change her diapers?

Ya agree with you that any flight longer than 5 hours might turn into a nightmare. You'll never know what might happen coz babies are so unpredictable at times. We have seen crying and restless babies on long flight, the parents had to carry them walking up and down the aisle, trying hard to pacify them while looking kinda panicky and very apologetic to the rest of the passengers on board ... that is why we don't dare to push our luck :(

But we will only tahan for the most 1 year from now, next year definitely going for a family trip :P My hb's last trip to LA, he already bought winter wear for his son to wear at 1 year old, kekeke :D And speaking of Paris, remember I was supposed to go there with hb for our first wedding anniversary last year? Everything was arranged and we were all set to go, then I started having my morning sickness about a week before leaving. Therefore, we didn't get to go last year and this year with our baby still so young by the time of our anniversary, we could just kiss our anniversary trip goodbye. So ... next year's anniversary, we are going to Paris, by hook or by crook! No two ways about it :lol: But just fingers crossed that no more "unforseen circumstances" aby then, hehehe :lol:

lilyrosey,

Ya man, I must say your MIL really got something there :o I know that if you're travelling alone with an infant or toddler and if you need help, you could get the cabin crew to help you. You could even get the airport staffs to help you when you need to clear custom or to claim your baggage, if I'm not mistaken.

makeupjunk,

How much are those inflatable tub?

chooz,

I use photobucket too. Just select the link with the %7Boption%7D tags -- the last link provided when you upload the picture, and just paste here. Instructions are located here. If you are using photobucket, when you select the code, it should be automatically copied. All you have to do is just paste using CTRL V or navigate to Edit > Paste.

I'm excited to see your baby too :D We do have a Baby Photos album feature in this section of MB. Posting method is the same.

the inflatable bath tube, i found 1 @ mothercare rm88 & 1 at jusco rm99 (less 10%)....both will need to get a pump seperately. found the pump @ toys r us abt rm20-30.

laie, where did u get ur bath tube for rm50???

Chooz,

Hahahhahaha.... i bathed naomi in the sink for the first few days because the tub is too big.... she is afraid. So we went out and bought the inflatable bath tub in one of the shopping mall. Baby things in Bangkok are much more expensive than MY. Food wise, luckily she is breastfed, so easy lar, just open up and pop, there you go.

Nappy changing on the flight wasn't a problem, we always get the first rom with a bassinet in front. Easy peasy.... But i tired out naomi before we board the plane. So bad lar me, i didn't let her sleep until we was about to depart. When the aircraft was taxi-ing, she already dozed off.... so no big deal when the plane took off. some passengers at the back walked pass us and praise Naomi was such an angel that they didn't realised there was a baby in the flight. :P

Planning a family trip with a baby is a headache. Like last month we were planning to go Bali, then Naomi was sick, so have to cancel. I was just like u, told my hubby by hook or by crook, i want to go for a holiday.... then, cannot lor, daughter is everything.

So My next one will be Melbourne, on July most probably. :) keep my finger cross....

Christine,

Thanks for solving my problem here, I just experiment with uploading my pictures from photobucket and I can do it now! :D Last time I tried to post some pics but they didn't appear so I didn't try anymore. Maybe that time I pasted the wrong link :unsure: Anyway ... I'll post up some of my baby's pic soon ;)

Any particular size limit for images uploaded here?

vIv,

Walau, you bathed Naomi in the sink ah? No joke! :o You mean the sink we wash our face and brush out teeth? Big enough meh? :lol: And also I'm surprised that baby stuffs in Bangkok could be more expensive than in MY.

For the nappy changing on board, what if baby poo poo? :ph34r: A bit pai seh to change infront of so many ppl right? Somemore it will be messy and smelly :ph34r: My hb told me some of the toilets in the plane got facilities to change nappy wor ...

Sigh ... travelling with an infant is really not easy, very troublesome as many things to bring :( For your case it'd be a little easier as you are breastfeeding exclusively. For me, I still need to pack bottles, formula, steriliser, washing utensils etc as I'm also feeding him formula on top of breast milk. Now it's really too early to bring our baby for travel, his neck also not stable yet. At 3 months old, he won't be able to appreciate anything also...

Chooz... trust me, travelling with an infant who doesn't appreciate anything, will only spoil your holiday.... It was never a holiday to me with Naomi around. I went to Bangkok and couldn't go chatuchak because too hot, Naomi will be screaming and crying and no plce to breastfeed, nappy changing and all.... so... we can only go malls... and going to the malls, is nothing much different from KL's... Sigh..

And on the flight, the toilets do have nappy changing station....

Yup, i bathed Naomi in the sink, poor thing... i took some pictures actually.

Hahahahaha!!Omg so cute!!! :lol::lol: She could fit nicely in the sink leh, you let her "sit" inside is it?? :P

Anyway ... you were right ... travelling with an infant who only knows about crying, sleeping, eating & poo-ing :ph34r: is no holiday at all ... Don't say go for holiday, sometimes a shopping trip to a nearby mall could be spoilt if we brought our baby along. Coz sometimes when he starts to throw tantrum and couldn't be pacified, we got no choice but to cut short our shopping trip <_<

Hehhehehe, yeah, i put her in there. That time she still can't sit on her own.. so need support. Funny mummy leh...

Now i am trained to eat very very fast in the restaurant also, before naomi starts screaming to get out of high chair...

so pityful

You can always buy a small slow cooker n cook like how you usually do. When we were stayin at the hotel after our wedding for 4 days, we brought along cereal for Ashley. Easier to prepare.

Just prepare the ingredients for the porridge at home first, fresh food ingredients you can always keep them in the cooler box and once you are at the hotel keep it in the fridge. Prepack the vege if using in bags ie julienned carrot, broccoli etc for one day's portion in a bag. So when you bring over the slow cooker you just can chuck all the ingredients into the pot n turn on.

My suggestions are only if you are travelling within Msia cos Im not sure about the airport regulations on what you can bring and can't bring

I let Naomi take cereal only. :) And now, I let her eat anything! Soba noodle or rice if we go out...

am planning to get a mini slow cooker too, cuz we travel a lot, will need to find a way to prepare food for the bb .... but hor, if i prepare puree at home, freeze it then bring to the hotel, heat it when needed, do u think this will work ah?

hi coffee,

i use pressure cooker, porridge ready in 20 minutes... than transfer porridge to food warmer... simple and easy

will cook dried scallop and oyster porridge when travel, add in some carrot, potato and brocoli ... easy to prepare

My mum just use to make porridge with carrots, broccoli and potatoes - no scallops or oysters coz bb can get allergies from it if you feed it to them at a young age.

But I have friends who feed their babies cereal with bb milk, bananas, anything that is mashable... :S

Just wondering right, can we still bring in all the water tumbler and hot water flask along with other baby stuffs if we were to travel via airplanes? I'm concerned about the new aviation security measures especially on the liquid products.

It would be a short trip from KL to Langkawi but I still need to bring her usual stuffs in the diaper bag just in case. Or I'll just have to feed her before we board the plane. :(

Mummy, you could contact the airline or airport to check with them. I think exemptions are allowed for passengers travelling with babies/young children and those with medication.

just to check with you guys. my son now is 17 month, he is having porridge now.

if we going for short trip, it is impossible for me to make the porridge with slow cooker ?

any suggestion? when he was small, we bring the instant cereal, but now is big already, how?

Just wondering right, can we still bring in all the water tumbler and hot water flask along with other baby stuffs if we were to travel via airplanes? I'm concerned about the new aviation security measures especially on the liquid products.

Hi mummyally,

Yes, no problem you could bring water flask and your usual baby stuffs on board :) I did that a couple of time already, just tell them it's for baby's usuage and they will let you through ;)

But if worse come to worse they don't let you bring in (which I doubt will happen), you can always request warm/hot water from the cabin crew :)

is there such thing as instant porridge which comes in a packet ? :)

yes, japanese baby food got instant porridge which you just heat the packet with hot water, that's it. Or the Nestle does have 2 types of baby instant porridge but require cooking, 3 mins.