smurf

How Fast Do You Lose The Weight You Gained During Pregnancy

Ya man - I tell her all the time. And she always say back to me that I need to watch my diet coz I still look like i'm preggie even after giving birth, tsk tsk :bruce:

My sis didn't have any stretch marks during her pregnancy...eventhough she hardly applies cream. My secretary told me that that is one of the signs - if one doesn't get stretch marks during pregnancy, can loose weight very fast. Can anyone else prove this theory?

haha, finally i can chip in my experience here....

pregnancy weight gain = 18 kgs

weight loss 4-5 months after deliver = 15 kgs

additional weight to shed (as of now) = 3 kgs

my hip is 'shrinking', i can slowly fit in back to my old jeans, BUT my shoulder has 'grown' so much, my upper body (minus the boobs even tho i'm breastfeeding, (can't sleep back after waking up to pump....)) is 1 size bigger as i can't fit in my old blouse....

i don't have stretch mark on my tummy, just some fine lines at the right hip, but i can still feel some spare tire, not very big but no more like last time....

i think for me, breastfeeding helps to slim down... i cut down slightly on my carbo intake lately but stilll maintain protein, i can feel the diff.... i still produce the same amount of milk, in fact slightly more.... and i'm losing 1 kg in this month itself.....

i think i need to do some abdominal exercise to get rid of the spare tire... but when can i start exercising as i had a c-sect delivery... 6 mths after???

If not mistaken, for c-sect mum like us can start after 5-6 mths? but i still feel like the scar is gonna tear off or sumthing, uneasy even during simple exercise.

I can't wait to lose my pregnancy weight. Still in confinement. :tongue:

Anyway, just to share that for those who want to do sit-ups after delivery should be aware of separation of abs.

During pregnancy, many of us will experience the separation of stomach muscles to create space for our growing baby.

After delivery, the gap may still be there. If you start sit-ups too early before it goes back to normal, the separation of abs will remain. So the best thing to do is to check with fitness instructor specializing in post-pregnancy or your healthcare provider when you can start the abdomen execises.

I know we love the tone abs but do watch out for that separation of abs.

Agree with Lil' Angel. After I gave birth, my midwife taught me an exercise to tighten the separated abs. And told me cannot do sit ups till the abs come back together. As a general guide, the abs gap shouldn't be more than 2 fingers wide. We can feel the gap by lying down, exhale and hold breath, and bring up head and top part of chest only. Put fingers in the centre below chest, just below top part of our rib-cage.

uniquesoul,

5-6 mths? that means i can start soon...

minn,

actually i didn't do anything so far, i sweat at lot (really A LOT) during confinement, even during sleep... maybe those sweat accounts for it too....

i eat like normal as i'm breastfeeding, i just cut down a bit on my carbo intake lately... i take a lot of soupy stuff, maybe that makes me take less solid kua...

Lil' Angel,

Ew~~ abs separation? that sounds 'geli'... yea, how to know when we can start the abs exercis ah?

i just have 1-2 kg more to my original weight.. most of my pants & blouses can fit me already.. yippie... i didnt do any exercise... baby case & houseworks did it for me

Ya man - I tell her all the time. And she always say back to me that I need to watch my diet coz I still look like i'm preggie even after giving birth, tsk tsk :bruce:

My sis didn't have any stretch marks during her pregnancy...eventhough she hardly applies cream. My secretary told me that that is one of the signs - if one doesn't get stretch marks during pregnancy, can loose weight very fast. Can anyone else prove this theory?

haha, finally i can chip in my experience here....

pregnancy weight gain = 18 kgs

weight loss 4-5 months after deliver = 15 kgs

additional weight to shed (as of now) = 3 kgs

my hip is 'shrinking', i can slowly fit in back to my old jeans, BUT my shoulder has 'grown' so much, my upper body (minus the boobs even tho i'm breastfeeding, (can't sleep back after waking up to pump....)) is 1 size bigger as i can't fit in my old blouse....

i don't have stretch mark on my tummy, just some fine lines at the right hip, but i can still feel some spare tire, not very big but no more like last time....

i think for me, breastfeeding helps to slim down... i cut down slightly on my carbo intake lately but stilll maintain protein, i can feel the diff.... i still produce the same amount of milk, in fact slightly more.... and i'm losing 1 kg in this month itself.....

i think i need to do some abdominal exercise to get rid of the spare tire... but when can i start exercising as i had a c-sect delivery... 6 mths after???

Ceetee,

I started exercising 6 weeks after post-c-sect. I'm a part-time yoga instructor and I started by doing some light stretches, nothing too extreme. After nearly 4 months of not doing any exercise (cos not advised to, bcos of my pre-term contraction), the whole body seems so stiff compared to previously. 8 weeks post delivery, I'm back to teaching yoga. I think when you start exercising is up to individual. Sometimes, taking care of baby and doing housework is enough exercise already.

My weight loss is as follows:

Pre-pregnancy weight = 51.5kg

Last weight measured before delivery = 64.5kg

Weight, 6 months post delivery = 54.5kg

Additional weight to lose = 3kg

I told my hubby my weight loss is corresponding to Ivan's weight gain. I lost 10kg and he's about 10kg now. :lol:

Still have a bit of spare tyre round the waist otherwise I'm starting to slowly fit back into my old clothes. I think as in the case of breastfeeding mommies, my blouses still tight round bust area but hips started to shrink already.

My pre-pregnancy weight = 44kg

Weight before delivery = 54kg

Current weight = 42.5kg (baby is 4 months now).

I'm not sure whether it's because of my high-metabolism, or issit because I breastfeed. But tummy is still there.

Sigh, I need to find time to exercise.

Me:

Pre-pregnancy weight = 65kg

Last weight measured before delivery = 88.5kg

Weight Gained: 23.5kg

Weight after confinement = 77kg

Exercise: None (Breastfeeding n sweat a lot during confinement)

Weight loss:11.5kg

Aim to lose further: 12kg

Bust size only increased. :wacko:

Stretch mark on my tummy.

Tummy still there.

I'm delivered via c-section, cannot exercise for at least 6 months :dash2:

Anyway, can't find time to exercise, unless my hubby can take care of the baby :dash2::dash2:

I got back my pre-pregnancy weight 6 months after birth....BUT.....I have a super flabby tummy!!!!

I wonder which part of me that lost more weight and went to my tummy. It's just won't go away on it's own.

I have to start doing sit-ups. **sniff sniff**

I returned to pre-pregnancy weight around 8 months, from then I keep losing weight until now although i eat like a horse everyday

I lost 2kg in the past 1.5 months .... now I am 4kg below my normal weight

am actually quite concerned ... i guess it's due to breastfeeding but it is quite drastic & I can't fit most of my clothes

anyone experience this?

I returned to pre-pregnancy weight around 8 months, from then I keep losing weight until now although i eat like a horse everyday

I lost 2kg in the past 1.5 months .... now I am 4kg below my normal weight

am actually quite concerned ... i guess it's due to breastfeeding but it is quite drastic & I can't fit most of my clothes

anyone experience this?

i guess u just hv high metabolism... as long as u are still energetic it should be fine

i was on a lose-weight mode few months back.. now i feel hungry all the time... cant really lose weight like i did earlier.. sigh

i will be getting my orders on a slimming products today... will start tomolo... hope it works as it works for many ppl... gambate!!!

Some people have a higher metabolic rate than others after pregnancy - mine is still pretty much the way it was before I got pregnant, slow and kena depend on exercise to lose weight.

I'm down to my last two and a half kg and while the tummy is smaller, it's still there. Need to be more patient, I guess.

cutegal2424,

Me! I was 4kg below my normal weight for so long too & once ZT is not nursing much, I gained those 4kg in 2 months :s. Damn fast!!! I think there are a few reasons for it, ZT was nursing less but I still eat like there's no tomorrow :p & age is catching up & my metabolic rate slowed down :s. Took me quite a while to tame the "monster" in my tummy who cries for food every few hours -_-"

So, don't worry, you'll be gain weight once baby is older.

For me:

Pre-pregnancy weight = 42kg (was stress out @ work & house reno)

Last weight measured before delivery = 58kg (!!)

Weight Gained: 16kg

Weight after 2 months maternity= 48kg

Exercise: None (Breastfeeding and I sweat a lot - bathe 3-4 times when I took care of my baby myself on the 2nd month)

I also delivered my baby thru c-sect.. when I came back to office 2 months after my delivery, my colleagues commented that I'm chubby. But on the 4th months onwards, my weight lost very fast! By 6 months, I'm back to 44kg and could wear back all my old jeans. And now, my jeans are looser and my weight stays @ 42-43kg and I think that's due to my bigger asset now... now my colleagues said i'm thinner than before delivery as my face is very thin...

I think breastfeeding helps me to lose a lot of weight as in the first 6 months, when I expressed, I can feel sweat coming from my back & forehead. And I eat like no tomorrow... sometimes scared my hubby but I still never put on weight... :smile:

cutegal2424,

Me! I was 4kg below my normal weight for so long too & once ZT is not nursing much, I gained those 4kg in 2 months :s. Damn fast!!! I think there are a few reasons for it, ZT was nursing less but I still eat like there's no tomorrow :p & age is catching up & my metabolic rate slowed down :s. Took me quite a while to tame the "monster" in my tummy who cries for food every few hours -_-"

So, don't worry, you'll be gain weight once baby is older.

.. was just concerned that there may be other underlying conditions ... eg hyperthyroid

but i guess it happens & hopefully it will normalize later on

i just dislike when ppl comment on what extended nursing is doing to my weight (health)

I gained 17kgs during my pregnancy and now almost 4 months after delivery I only lose 10kg. My weight loss is kinda slow right? (I breastfeed my baby exclusively, just so you know). But that’s okay, it took me 9 months to gain 17kg so I’m giving myself 9 months to lose them all. 7kg more to go!!